Not open for further replies.

dprlover90

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Incontinent
Couldn't help but notice that confidry has disappeared from save express selection. Does anyone know an online store in europe that sell these?

Try the Betterdry diaper or the printed version Crinklz from thrustvector (made in Germany) I switched from confidry a year ago and have found the betterdry diaper to be more absorbant and work way better at night since I am a side sleeper

I dont know anyone else stocking it, I assume the costs were just too much for most customers of Save Express? Try emailing and asking thigh, they're really helpful.

Rob110 said:
Try the Betterdry diaper or the printed version Crinklz from thrustvector (made in Germany) I switched from confidry a year ago and have found the betterdry diaper to be more absorbant and work way better at night since I am a side sleeper

Isn't betterdry the new comficare? How are the tapes on the new one? Also is there elastic wasteband?

dprlover90 said:
Isn't betterdry the new comficare? How are the tapes on the new one? Also is there elastic wasteband?

I believe how it works out is that Thrust Vector is the parent company. They had the BetterDry brand and also Crinklz. Shortly after releasing Crinklz, they moved production and came up with a totally different diaper style, and changed their brand from Comficare to Betterdry. The Crinklz name stayed, but the art was now printed on the BetterDry base diaper, leading to a totally different Crinklz without a name change. (I still have several bags of "original Crinklz", they fit VERY differently) This entire time the parent company has been Thrust Vector, as you will find printed on the bags for Crinklz, BetterDry, Astronaut, and Aquanaut. (are there others?)

Both models have front and back waist elastic. The newer model Betterdry diaper has a much narrower crotch, the tallest leak guards available on any diaper, padding that's much thinner when dry but swells considerably when wet, and has the lower tapes raised up a few inches which makes for a very different fit. They also changed the resolution on the print so the characters are around 1/3 as big so they appear at much higher resolution, and removed the tape panel and switched to double-use tapes. There are so many differences, Thrust Vector basically started from scratch on their new diapers. It's amazing to see how good of a diaper they hit on immediately. The strength of their leak guards is the only place I see any room for improvement. (better adhesive to keep the elastic band in the leak guard, and maybe a thicker material for the curtain?) Some users have reported problems with the tapes, but I haven't encountered that issue, although the first use blue tabs seem to stick better than the second use white ones in my experience.

And in my opinion, the new betterdry are some of the most comfortable diapers available. The shell is buttery soft, the waistband eleastic is tall, snug, and yet gentle, the leak guards are delicate, leg elastic is great, when dry the padding is very flexible, and their wicking is great. They also size a bit "long" so there's never a problem with them not coming up high enough in the front or back.

bambinod said:
I believe how it works out is that Thrust Vector is the parent company. They had the BetterDry brand and also Crinklz. Shortly after releasing Crinklz, they moved production and came up with a totally different diaper style, and changed their brand from Comficare to Betterdry. The Crinklz name stayed, but the art was now printed on the BetterDry base diaper, leading to a totally different Crinklz without a name change. (I still have several bags of "original Crinklz", they fit VERY differently) This entire time the parent company has been Thrust Vector, as you will find printed on the bags for Crinklz, BetterDry, Astronaut, and Aquanaut. (are there others?)

Both models have front and back waist elastic. The newer model Betterdry diaper has a much narrower crotch, the tallest leak guards available on any diaper, padding that's much thinner when dry but swells considerably when wet, and has the lower tapes raised up a few inches which makes for a very different fit. They also changed the resolution on the print so the characters are around 1/3 as big so they appear at much higher resolution, and removed the tape panel and switched to double-use tapes. There are so many differences, Thrust Vector basically started from scratch on their new diapers. It's amazing to see how good of a diaper they hit on immediately. The strength of their leak guards is the only place I see any room for improvement. (better adhesive to keep the elastic band in the leak guard, and maybe a thicker material for the curtain?) Some users have reported problems with the tapes, but I haven't encountered that issue, although the first use blue tabs seem to stick better than the second use white ones in my experience.

And in my opinion, the new betterdry are some of the most comfortable diapers available. The shell is buttery soft, the waistband eleastic is tall, snug, and yet gentle, the leak guards are delicate, leg elastic is great, when dry the padding is very flexible, and their wicking is great. They also size a bit "long" so there's never a problem with them not coming up high enough in the front or back.

Not sure if like those specs :D I really do like bulky crotch feel and I personally feel that lower tapes should be very low, at least that's how I usually have the best fit. I guess I'll pass this one and keep looking for more similar replacment for confidry.

I too had switched from confidry to betterdry (and now crinklz). The bottom tapes are positioned one half of an inch higher, but I personally have not noticed a difference in overall fit. I still get a really good seal around my legs too, unlike with other diapers where the "lower" tape is positioned exactly in the middle (ie, no actual lower tapes).

I had overlaid confidry and betterdry together before, and the cut of the leg openings and crotch are almost exactly the same. The front and back waistbands do extend a half to an inch higher though. I find this actually gives a better and longer lasting fit as that extra length goes all to having larger elastic bands for keeping the diaper in place better.

As mentioned, the dry thickness of betterdry is about the same as confidry. However, they will swell up more than double a confidry when soaked wet enough (which is helped by it's decent wicking ability after the front gets soaked enough). Changing just as often as with confidry will prevent that extra swelling though. And at nearly the same price, having that extra capacity is a good backup to have. Or better yet, using them longer will significantly reduce your cost per day, making them much cheaper than what confidry costs.

In my opinion, betterdry/crinklz is a far superior diaper. While confidry would only last me about 8 hours, I can take a betterdry to 24 hours. (Though I don't really recommend going that long due to rashes and smell). Given how much longer they last I spend about half as much money overall as I did with confidry. It is extremely difficuly to get these diapers to leak too, and they perform well as-is for my side sleeping. Whereas before I need to add a baby diaper booster to confidry to not get leaks with my side sleeping.

At the very least, I highly recommend anyone at least try a single bag of them to fully test them out. Though at the same time, never buy more than one bag if you haven't tested any particular size and brand of a diaper before. You don't want to risk being stuck with diapers that didn't fit your body type after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back