Thread: Pacifier smell

Default Pacifier smell

Hi! I just need a little advice on what I should do. I bought myself a new Latex Adult Pacifier from PacifiersRUs, and when you suckle down on it the air coming from the pacifier is super smelly. I already followed the steps in cleaning it before using it, but would boiling the pacifier help get rid of the smell? I’m new to this sort of thing, so I wouldn’t have a clue haha.

I have not had that problem, but im gonna assume that would help! You should do that anyways just to make sure its clean nonetheless!

actually, I bought one from them too, and have that smell and taste also. I hated it at first, but accepted it and am used to it now. been a week, and it still has it. I guess it goes away over time, but I wish now that I got used to it and actually like it, it doesnt.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean, it is a pacifier that should smell that way right??? isnt that supposed to be the norm?

What teet did you get? I got the orthodontic silicone 5, and the bigger guard. Mine had a really strong chemical taste at first, but, I think it was just germ killer, or something, because, toothpaste made it go away, entirely. I guess you could try that, but, l think latex keeps the taste.
    Last edited by SpAzpieSweeTot; 19-Aug-2018 at 01:50.

I initially started with the cherry, but after my g/f who is a pediatrician found out (and is very supportive), she insisted I use the ortho. I have both now. I use the cherry for an hour at night, then switch over to the ortho for the rest of the time.

Ooh, the cherry just looks Ouchy! Does it hurt, Shane? You're braver than I am. No, seriously, I mean, like, Gryffindor brave! Go you!

Latex does have a kind of...funky flavor. XD Usually you'll get used to it (and that kind of adorable squeak).

As for smell...I've only had one latex paci and it didn't have a funny smell other than the smell of the latex itself. (It does have a smell because it's natural rubber.)