How to relax your bladder

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThePhotographer

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
So I’m having trouble trying to wet easily. My bladder is stronger than fort knocks. I was wondering if anyone had any tricks to make it easier for me to pee. I always feel like I have to force it which I know is not what I should be doing. I know there are other threads on this probally but I could not find in the quick search I did.

Honestly, practice makes perfect is the best advice I could give. I had a very hard time willing and relaxing my bladder in order to let go when I first started to wear, but the more I wore regularly, the easier it became to wet in a variety of positions.

Of course, if you are looking for something more immediate, you could always throw on some running water sounds, that's a trick I used my first couple of times, when the need to pee was welling up and I couldn't go of my own accord. Running water sounds are both relaxing and they add to the urge to go, so running water sounds are quite effective, at least, they were for me anyhow.

This is one of the most frequent questions we see here. Practice, practice, practice. There's no other "quick fix" for a shy bladder. Some will also recommend improving your confidence by reducing the chances of a leak with either thicker diapers or a bed pad, but that was never a problem for me.

I just suggest finding a situation that you can wet but with difficulty, and practice it, over and over, until it becomes easier. Then find something else more challenging that's now possible but again difficult, and move on to practicing that. Repeat over and over as you (perhaps slowly) work your way toward some goal like being able to wet while laying in bed or sitting in a moving car etc.

It's all just a matter of taking control over from automatic to manual. I started out with a morbidly shy bladder to the point where I couldn't use a public restroom (stall!) if I could even HEAR someone walking by in the hall, it was terrible. Now I can (with some difficulty still...) use a stand-up urinal in company. And it's all thanks to my diaper therapy!

I’ll try these ideas tonight. I feel pretty confident about my padding. I wear Walgreens certainty briefs with a Tena overnight pad with slits in it as a booster. I know I should get something better but do to my current living situation it’s hard to get my hands on anything better. Can’t wait until I finish college and get a apartment or aleast the year I get a single dorm room.

Baminod im the same way in public bathrooms, I can’t go when people are around no matter how bad I have to go It’s super annoying :p

If I'm in a situation where I risk being caught it's a lot harder for me to relax so usually I wait until I have to pee bad since at that point it'll come out a lot easier.

it seems when I have to go and just cant, drinking a glass of cold water gets things going. I dont know why, it just does.

A trick that works for me is to feel "safe" when you try to wet. I find its very easy to go if I'm standing in the shower or have something that can absorb a leak under me. It helps me since it removes the fear of the mess a leak can cause, so I become a bit more relaxed.

I read within a medical research document that one technique used to get the bladder to start contracting is to tap it a few times. Give a few quick pushes in your groin area above the bladder, and it may start an urge to wee.

ThePhotographer said:
Baminod im the same way in public bathrooms, I can’t go when people are around no matter how bad I have to go It’s super annoying :p

Yep, shy bladder can be annoying and inconvenient. For me the key was getting practice in controlling my bladder in less familiar circumstances. The more I did it, the better things got. Be patient and persistent and you'll get over it in time.

Diapers help quite a lot with that because they give you "safe" opportunities to go when you normally wouldn't have the option. For me early on, there were very safe times like when I'd arrived home from work and was out filling the birdbath, nothing quite like flowing water to help get things moving. Being right outside my house with no one in sight and nobody else at home, there wasn't anything to fuel a mental block on my bladder.

I was wearing fairly very frequently back then, (24/7 now!) and anytime I felt an urge, I'd consider my situation, and if it was low risk I'd give it a shot. Sometimes I could go, and even if only a little, it gradually got easier.

One thing I did when I was first starting out was I stood in front of the toilet with my diaper on and went through all the normal motions as I would if I wasn’t diapered. This totally helped me and I would go every time. This eventually led to me being able to go in other rooms on my house and then out in public.

What ever you do to pee, do not force it! When you force it by pushing and straining you are actively making your sphincter muscle fight back. This in turn strengthens it while subconsciously associating peeing with clenching your sphincter closed. Forcing your pee to come out now will most likely lead to needing to strain and push later on. And as was with my case, eventually you may literally not be able to pee at all to save your life.

Just keep focusing on relaxing your muscle to pee. There are mental imaging techniques you can look up to help with relaxing and even peeing. You may also want to download a white noise app or stream music while you are in the bathroom. This could help isolate you from anyone near by as well as muffle out some of the other noises too.

PaddedInPuyallup said:
One thing I did when I was first starting out was I stood in front of the toilet with my diaper on and went through all the normal motions as I would if I wasn’t diapered. This totally helped me and I would go every time. This eventually led to me being able to go in other rooms on my house and then out in public.

I second this 100%!

Ok I tried some of the tips last night and it worked well. I made sure I had to go and then I had some running water go to help. I ended up having to stand and get some help from gravity. It worked. Though a issue came up as I found it almost impossible to go to sleep with the wet diaper on. It just felt so weird that my body would fall asleep. I think the thickness after it swelled threw me off. So my next goals are wetting while laying down and being able to sleep while wet.

Clenching is a habit to avoid wetting your cloth etc...

Wet your pants (/diapers) in several (safe/unsafe) situations and give a heck on consequences for your cloth, your shoes, your floor, bed, chairs, the street, playgrounds, etc...
Then you'll get used to wet your diapers (/trousers) more easily fast.

Wear black trousers - go for a walk - wet in your trousers (or in your diaper until it leaks).
Nobody would notice, but you'll get used to wet trousers and thus get used to wet your diapers more easily, being not as afraid of wetting yourself as before.
Therefore you'll wet your diapers more easily in future.

If you like to reinforce:
Do it public.
Reward yourself immediately after wetting! (with sweets, listening to your favourite song, smiling, etc...)
Tell yourself your own urine is not a bad thing to come and stay in contact with. And it really is not!

Alcohol is very helpful.

Last edited by a moderator:
ThePhotographer said:
Ok I tried some of the tips last night and it worked well. I made sure I had to go and then I had some running water go to help. I ended up having to stand and get some help from gravity. It worked. Though a issue came up as I found it almost impossible to go to sleep with the wet diaper on. It just felt so weird that my body would fall asleep. I think the thickness after it swelled threw me off. So my next goals are wetting while laying down and being able to sleep while wet.

yeah we are all creatures of habit, both consciously and subconsciously. The first week I had diapers I could NOT get to sleep when wearing. I'd finally give up and get out of bed, DEAD tired, and take off my diaper. Then I was out like a light. This was extremely frustrating, because one of my fantasies at the time was "waking up in the morning wearing a diaper". I did get there shortly thereafter, thankfully. Now I'm diapered every morning when I wake up, and usually quite soaked. ;)

But it's good to hear you're making progress. Just keep it up, things will just keep getting better the more time you spend on it. If your bladder is anywhere near as shy as mine was, it'll probably be several weeks though before you can wet your diaper while laying in bed. Don't get discouraged, just keep moving forward.

Pardon the obvious pun, but... baby steps! I totally get wanting to do everything at once, but you have to work up to it.

I was a pants wetter for years before I tried diapers, and I started off going on the toilet. Once I was comfortable there I started practicing dribbling a little out around the house when no one was around and I could get cleaned up easily, and over time I got to where I could pee or poop pretty much on command at home, because it was a "safe space." When I first tried wetting diapers out in public I also had to start on the toilet, but once I was a little wet it got easier to just pee whenever I felt like it. I just kept reminding myself that it was contained and that no one knew or was going to see it. I also took baby steps by first learning to pee while standing or bent over, then while walking, and lastly while driving.

Good luck! And have fun with it~ :)

It’s been a few days, but I wanted to say thanks. I’m going to continue to work on this and one day I’ll be able to go when ever I want to.

Just be prepared for the day you start to pee when you do not want to its an interesting experience the first few times it happens (can say that now I have accepted my need for diapers) one day you will be standing talking to some on or standing inline and you will just start to pee.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back