How to relax your bladder

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, walking around the supermarket, stop to grab some groceries off the shelves, and bam! A wet without warning into my nappy.

Wake up in the morning to the alarm clock going off, and bam! Another wet without warning into an already soaked night nappy.

Get up off the lounge, and bam! I stood up, rewarded by a gravity-assisted wee into my nappy.

Walk into the kitchen, put two slices of toast in the toaster, just standing there, and without any warning, another wet into my nappy.

All good fun! Surprising, and a bit alarming sometimes too.

ozziebee said:
Yes, walking around the supermarket, stop to grab some groceries off the shelves, and bam! A wet without warning into my nappy.

Wake up in the morning to the alarm clock going off, and bam! Another wet without warning into an already soaked night nappy.

Get up off the lounge, and bam! I stood up, rewarded by a gravity-assisted wee into my nappy.

Walk into the kitchen, put two slices of toast in the toaster, just standing there, and without any warning, another wet into my nappy.

All sounds very familiar to me. Just part of life now.

Rob110 said:
Just be prepared for the day you start to pee when you do not want to its an interesting experience the first few times it happens (can say that now I have accepted my need for diapers) one day you will be standing talking to some on or standing inline and you will just start to pee.

I don’t plan on letting my bladder go that far. I just want to get to the point where I don’t have to feel like I’m forcing my self to pee and be able to go normally with me being conscious about the action.

ThePhotographer said:
I don’t plan on letting my bladder go that far. I just want to get to the point where I don’t have to feel like I’m forcing my self to pee and be able to go normally with me being conscious about the action.

I wouldn't worry about this. What you're looking for is quite doable but I think it's just a matter of comfort with yourself and your body and practice. My control has always been excellent and remains so after long bouts of 24/7 wearing (last one over a year) but it's easy to go when I need to.

ozziebee said:

Try not knowing when you are going until its way too late. Try eating and you are urinating in unison. Try having a intimate moment with your love of your life and well you are wet or your love of your life laying in your lap and well your wetting and hes hearing the whizzing of the urine and the warmth as he is trying to catch a nap and being intimate also. Try having a doctor exam and suddenly you are going. Or at your college reunion and pushing your diaper to the limits wetting wise and attempting to do what you did 20 years ago was a challenge. And soon being at your High School reunion with friends and classmates you havent seen in 25 years. or in general. Dang how I would love to get this incontinence fixed so I can live the rest of my life at ease. I hate this being incontinent was not how I wanted to live my life. Just be careful what you wish for it cannot be reversible if you wish to regain continence weigh the risks and the rewards please.

Two things that have worked for me: first focus on your breathing. I think we concentrate too hard on trying to pee. Focus on breathing slow deliberate breaths and relax your bladder when you breathe out.

Next, imagine someone talking to you and telling you it's ok for you to pee. Have them encourage you. Very gentle encouragement, saying things that let you know that you're safe and loved and it would be really sweet of you to pee.

Bam! Works like a charm.

There's a long known technique used by the shy bladder folks that will cause your bladder to release nomatter what position or situation you are in (at least for most people). Essentially you hold your breath and count in your head to 40. This is no different than holding your breath under water except when you do this technique, your voluntary sphincter will be kept in a relaxed position. Normally between 30 and 40 seconds is all it takes for the involuntary urethral sphincter to release in most people causing the bladder to empty. How many seconds varies from person to person, however the time it takes is roughly proportional to how empty the bladder is: less time for fuller, more time for emptier. This can be slightly uncomfortable for some if your bladder isn't very full. Once your bladder releases, you can resuming breathing and the flow normally continues.

Get a diaper you can trust, drink while you go. Do not hold your urine for a flood, per small amounts, this will make you more apt to lose bladder control versus building up a resistance. Last start by standing, then sitting, then kneeling then on all fours, finally laying down. My journey started with many leaks, and that thought will ruin your ability to cut loose. START WITH THE DIAPER, MIN 2.00 PER DIAPER.

- - - Updated - - -

Also play hide and seek, the fear of getting caught or hiding get me going ASAP

I also agree it is all about practice. I didn't believe it at first - but it is.

Also once you've got the knack it seems to stay even if you don't wear very often.

KSABDL said:
Get a diaper you can trust, drink while you go. Do not hold your urine for a flood, per small amounts, this will make you more apt to lose bladder control versus building up a resistance. Last start by standing, then sitting, then kneeling then on all fours, finally laying down. My journey started with many leaks, and that thought will ruin your ability to cut loose. START WITH THE DIAPER, MIN 2.00 PER DIAPER.

- - - Updated - - -

Also play hide and seek, the fear of getting caught or hiding get me going ASAP

Why $2.00? Not even Crinklz costs that much, and they are the best, most capable diaper out there I've ever tried.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back