Status
Not open for further replies.

tsen

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
I know this sounds stupid but how many of you guys find yourselvs at ends conflicting your abdl side and adult side. For instance. I like to suck my thumb and have time to regress. I also vape and find myself about to have a nic fit after about two hours. I kinda feel that if i where to date that if i got desperate and ended up vaping in a onsie that they would be more freaked than if i stayed in charictor. In fact most nights i end up with a binky in or sucking my thumb. I dont know it seems lately adult me and kid me are not getting along maybe you guys have pointers or something.

An AB is also an adult and those elements exist at the same time and mingle. You can act as an adult, or like a baby or whatever mix best suits your needs. I can see where at times it might be fun to try to stick with only babyish behavior but don't feel stuck if that's not the game you want to play.

tsen said:
I know this sounds stupid but how many of you guys find yourselvs at ends conflicting your abdl side and adult side. For instance. I like to suck my thumb and have time to regress. I also vape and find myself about to have a nic fit after about two hours. I kinda feel that if i where to date that if i got desperate and ended up vaping in a onsie that they would be more freaked than if i stayed in charictor. In fact most nights i end up with a binky in or sucking my thumb. I dont know it seems lately adult me and kid me are not getting along maybe you guys have pointers or something.

My psychotherapist introduced the concept of "splitting" to me. It was interesting because, at times of extreme anxiety, I found myself feeling much more "little" as a coping-mechanism... but also detached from my adult self...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Splitting_(psychology)

Apparently the "mentally healthy" way to cope with the conflict/incongruence is to recognise that, rather than having a kind-of "split personality", these two "modes" are just two parts of who you are -- the singular "inner you". The conflict comes about because the two sides demand contradictory things of you -- to have the self-image of a fully self-sustaining socially-acceptable adult, whilst also seeing yourself as vulnerable, child-like, and in need of love and care.

In reality, humans are all of these things. We are all vulnerable, and need love. But we also crave social status, which involves power, leadership and control. We are vulnerable, yet we must appear not to be. The fear of reality, combined with the social expectation to be fearless is enough to drive anyone (such as myself) insane.

When I was in a dark place, and the splitting and denial of my adult self was at its worst... what helped was to recognise that there was nothing bad about my "little" side. My "adult" side criticised it, suppressed it, and tried to hide it... yet it's a harmless quirk. I like wearing nappies! Sometimes I sleep with a teddy bear! Who cares?!

For me, it really helped to see this "inner splitting" as a parent-child relationship... Me being both the parent and the child at the same time. I am ONE person, but my adult-side has to accept and love my child-side, and my child-side has to accept that my adult-side is far too concerned about what other people might think when most will never know, and those who do will be the ones who get to know the real you and won't be concerned about such trivialities.

Don't get wrapped up in abstract identities or question who you are. You are you. I am I. And they are they. Everyone has different sides to their character; ones that only certain people get to see... or ones that only come out on special occasions. Everyone has a false veneer. And everyone has secrets -- don't worry about yours.

Before you can love anyone else or help anyone or make the world a better place... you have to love yourself! You are amazing: one of the most intelligent lifeforms that has ever existed, with your own complexity and loveable quirks, and the ability to show your love and inspire others to be joyful, or creative, or caring, and to make the world (or even just your tiny spot on this Earth) just a little bit better.

It's okay to have "I feel like a kid" feelings and "I feel like an adult" feelings at the same time. There's no rule against it! It can be fun to role-play, but the rest of the time, why not just be YOU? If you are a good, kind, loving person, what else matters? If you want to diaper up and vape and enjoy feeling little inside, then go ahead! If it feels good, and it harms no one else, why feel shame about it? Make your own rules! :)

Reactions: dogboy
Thanks. It helps to hear outside non judgmental opinions. Im probly going to stay jumbled up for awhile. Im 28. Its hard in this world to not act your age. I lose the ab switch on ability every once in a while and it sucks. I was practically ab my whole life. Even my dog has a security blanket. How ever these last few years of aging have been brutal. Being able to have teddy opening up and actually seeing the world like i did before getting this old was theropy. I hope it stays.

Great advise from tiny. (all of us members with names that start with small letters are going to have to work on our self-esteem)

I think the trick is finding balance, when to be an adult and when we can afford to be little. But sometimes the two can work simultaneously. I have days when I'm diapered and regressing, but I still want to practice piano, learning and memorizing difficult works, and I'll be at the piano wearing a diaper. For the hour or two that I'm practicing, I'm not really regressing or thinking about diapers. After I've finished with doing something adults do, I go back to being "little". I don't feel conflicted at all. Both can exist in the same day or space of several hours.

I find this. I don't do may adult things such as vape, but I often feel like I am neglecting my adult self. I feel like I need to give both sides of me equal attention.

tsen said:

Is this the real Tsen? From ABDL Daddy chat room days?

I invariably use a pacifier or chew on my teething ring when I'm on my computer, and I'll often vape while doing so. I'm an adult that likes baby stuff and wears diapers due to disability. It might be anachronistic but that's all part of it.

Of course it does get a little odd when I'll be out and spend an entire football game nervously sucking my thumb, nobody has called me out for it yet though, lol.

Capture.jpg

No totally differant tsen. I dont really judge myself cuz being a baby that only does baby things sucks. I just noticed at my age and stress level that its nice to have a security blanket or teddy. Sucking my thumb iv done my whole life. I accept it. Its just once i try to explain it all to new people they are like wuh. I have no idea how a boy friend or husband might act. Im thinking about literally age specifying rooms and areas for myself to make things easier on other people. And maux i got a mad oral fixation lol its a sight to see when by the time you can see my face from all the vaoe smoke im back to sucking my thumb. Im just glad my friends and famaly accept me.

I love being a 'complicated' human being because that is what I am :)

If you think you should (god I hate that word) be something that you are not...

Why would you think that!?

I'm sorry if I offend any of you, but I don't understand why so many of you don't like being what you are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back