Thread: Dont you hate last minute lowballing?

Default Dont you hate last minute lowballing?

I know some people probably just do it to see if they can get a cheaper price, but doing it at literally the last minute, after you agree on a price and after you meet up to sell an item is mighty disrespectful (at least in my opinion).

I was going to sell a guy my Yu-Gi-Oh collection, knowing the values aren't like they used to be, but that even at bare minimum of $2 or $3 per Holographic (original Holographic cards, not reprints/re-Releases) times 91 cards would be $180-$270, I would of liked $200, he took me down to $150 before meeting and last minute saw a few cards were not perfect (I said most of my cards were mint, not every single one, and a few of my cards are actually close to $20 on eBay).

It wasnt even the rarer, more desirable, more valuable cards that were rough, it was some of the cheaper ones, and I know it doesn't help that they are mostly in old sleeves, but he tried to get me to take 110, i was willing to go $10 cheaper, but in the end walked away because I'm sure somebody has more money in cards that they are trying to sell or trade and this could be a very good deal for somebody else.

So now I got them reposted online and hope I can work a decent deal out (I even have it listed that I am open to trade for other cards that i do collect)

If the buyer saw them and agreed on the price, he should pay the agreed price. If he doesn't want to, then I would just say thank you and walk away. If they are not the same condition as advertised, then you should bargain with him and compromise if you both think the price is fair.

Quote Originally Posted by PuppyLover View Post
    You made the right choice.
    I think so too, I mean I was gonna sell them at a very cheap price, we agreed on a price, met up, and then he decided to cheap out, theres still probably $250 or $300 in value total in those cards, my problem is though I don't want to split everything up; too much of a hassle.

Quote Originally Posted by chuck View Post
    If the buyer saw them and agreed on the price, he should pay the agreed price. If he doesn't want to, then I would just say thank you and walk away. If they are not the same condition as advertised, then you should bargain with him and compromise if you both think the price is fair.
    He acted like 1/3rd of the cards were in terrible condition, the truth is maybe 5 out of almost 100 were nearly destroyed, but that still leaves 91 mint higher rarity cards
    Last edited by BabyTyrant; 10-Jul-2018 at 09:05.

You might be better off removing those cards from the collection.

Quote Originally Posted by Feyranna View Post
    You might be better off removing those cards from the collection.
    I did, nonetheless 5 is not "most of" almost 100

I'd have done the same thing in your case.

Can't reach an agreement, better to just say "Fine, OK." And take them home. Sure someone out there would want them. :3

My family thought I was crazy because I bought a ton of 'broken' toys on eBay once. Like, three boxes full of them. The figures weren't what I wanted. I wanted the vehicles and the big playset thing that was included in the deal. I already had the figures, I needed their rides. :3 And when I bought the playset, I -knew- the door was broken but I also knew how to fix it back with a straight pin and a dab of glue. (The glue dot keeps the pin in the door, it replaced the original hinge pin that was missing. I'm not giving it to a child and I keep it put up more for looking than anything, so the fix works fine for me. If I were to ever part with it, the next person would be told about the door. )

So yeah, can confirm, someone will want your cards and be willing to pay you a fair value for them.

Yeah, I'm glad you walked away. You should be in control of your things and what you're willing to part with. The one thing you can control is saying "no".

Well, I'm just about ready to give up trying to sell those cards, they been sitting for nearly 15 years now and I guess they still aren't considered valuable enough (I guess because everyone wants to make an easy fortune and they aren't newly released cards)