Too hot for nappies

Status
Not open for further replies.
The heat is tough when you only periodically wear for pleasure. However, when you wear 24/7, your body will adapt to the heat down there after 2-3 summers. Even with my hot and humid florida summer in full blast right now, I don't sweat in my diaper are unless I really start working out.

I've switched to pullups and large pads with net pants for this weather, all cloth-backed and much more comfortable than my usual plastic backed nappies. I wish I could go without altogether but unless I'm actually sitting on the beach, that isn't an option for me.

If this weather persists I'm going to splurge on a couple of packs of Tena Flex. They are so damn comfortable in hot weather and much more reliable than pads. I love them, I just hate the price.

PassieFire said:
I heard a little trick to put a nappy in a freezer to chill them

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Oooooh honestly that sounds pretty fun.

Wetting it a little under the sink before freezing sounds extra nice on a hot day

sloth said:
lol 3 weeks without rain. You should come downunder.

in some parts of the Uk (i'm in the South East) we haven't had any rain since the end of May so were at about 7 weeks :smile:... Which for a country everyone thinks rains all the time is a long time... Still wearing as normal though...

Hurrah started raining as i typed this...

I hope it gets better soon there... it has been pretty hot here in the US too

It's 94 here ! Real hot, damn hot

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

I can say that the ABU preschools have worked out well :). Much more comfortable than the plastic backed nappies in the warmer weather. The last few days things have become rather mixed with the odd rain shower, but overall we're still in the middle of summer.

Real olde fashioned cloth diapers breathe
atechno said:
I can say that the ABU preschools have worked out well :). Much more comfortable than the plastic backed nappies in the warmer weather. The last few days things have become rather mixed with the odd rain shower, but overall we're still in the middle of summer.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Now that it's cooler I'm back in nappies full time and what a lovely feeling that is! My stock of hybrids has fallen to near zero but if it stays below 20°C I'm comfy in proper all-plastic nappies anyway. I've been wearing without waterproof pants, which feels a little risky and underdressed these days, although in my early days of 24/7 I did not wear them at all and survived without any real emergencies. Nothing would induce me to wear full fabric-style backings though. I tried again with a couple of brands, but still can't stand how they flop around when wet and heavy and how they feel like they are leaking all the time. The only way to make them feel comfy and safe is to wear tight compression undies and plastic pants, defeating their advantages in hot weather. Lower-capacity hybrids and more frequent changes are a better solution for getting me through the summer.

There was an impending disaster the other day though while wearing a Tena Slip Original without plastic pants or anything else, just the nappy under my shorts. I needed a BM and should have tried to hold it until wearing something more suitable, but did it in the Tena for convenience. After then having to sit in it and take a long walk to get changed, I was millimetres away from having messy leaks around both legs, with no spare clothes to change into. But it was all OK in the end, and a Betterdry and plastic pants would have been too much at that temperature.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back