Status
Not open for further replies.

atechno

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
Perhaps some of you other Brits can relate to this right now. We're in the middle of a (seemingly) endless heatwave, and I don't think I've seen rain in at least 3 weeks. Which for England is not a common occurrence.

Having a relatively chilled weekend at home, and I'd love to have a bit of baby time. But I just know it'll be way too warm to wear nappies at the moment; it'd just make me sweat loads and wouldn't be comfortable.

Some of us are never happy with the weather, are we? :p I'm so looking forward to the next winter when I can snuggle in my footie sleepers again.

Hope it cools off there for you soon atechno. It's been a hot summer too so far in the Mid Atlantic region of the US. I switched over to cloth-backed ABU preschools along with a light dusting of baby powder to help keep things comfortable. Has been working well so far.

LiteBrite said:
I switched over to cloth-backed ABU preschools along with a light dusting of baby powder to help keep things comfortable. Has been working well so far.

That sounds like a good idea actually. I think I'll try out some PreSchools myself; particularly as the cloth-backed ones seem to be marketed for use in warmer weather. I can order them from Nappies-R-Us too. Thanks for the tip!

I heard a little trick to put a nappy in a freezer to chill them

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

We've got rain forecast for tomorrow, hooray!
We've had moorland fires to the south, moorland fires to the west and twats with paraffin burners ( aka, BBQs).
And I think our neighbourhood magpies have lost their chicks (kind of sad to see them 'mourning', even if they are vicious brutes).

Currently, I'm sat here in a full-on trad nappy with cheapo plackies which don't cover the nappy properly; the sticking out bits of Terry towelling allow for some evaporation and thus cooling.

As has been mentioned as a 24/7 wearer - I switch to cloth backed in hot weather and certainly am right now - the trade off for that is although some of them say they hold bucket loads ( ie 3000ml plus) I wiyhoutbsagging and falling off - they don’t evenly distribute pee as well as cutie printed stuff - but they are cooler so worth a think

It's been hot here in Pa also 80's and high 90's , i set the A.C. to meat locker and chill .

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Hate to hear you are missing out on nappies, can I suggest extra powder in your nappy, no trousers, sit in the shade with a fan blowing on you and sip some drinks with lots of ice?

I loved the other idea of a decent quality cloth backed product too.

Sitting here in another crazy hot summer in a disposable suffering even though I have Air Conditioning its still awful! All I know is about 2 months of summer heat left and I tell ya I cannot wait to go back to winter temps!

Just start using cloth backed diapers.
Tena Flex Plus saved the day in traffic jam today on highway.

The trick I do is buy oversize disposable inserts and crush Ice between that and the diaper and the diaper Insert. The ice will melt and keep you cool.

Yes it's just a bit intense for comfort when padded. I've been going nappy-free most of the time, occasionally slipping into a hybrid when mostly indoors with the benefit of A/C. I'll wear first thing in the morning until I've messed, then change into underpants until evening / bedtime. Hope it cools off a little soon, I'm getting bored with the inconvenience of ordinary underwear.

Yeah, I've been reluctant to wear during this heatwave. Struggle sleeping when it's this hot (I pretty much sleep in boxers with no bedding over me and air cooler on...still too hot), tho it is going to get cooler over the next couple of days, so an opportunity might arise.

Also can't wait until winter so I can snuggle up in my sleeper, which is the most comfy thing ever.

Have to go to work tomorrow in the heatwave. Heatwave in Ireland is relative. Still, 27 degrees is not pleasant. I'm going to have a padded day never the less, it's time for one. Sometimes you just have to "suffer" it.

I haven't worn a diaper ever since this heatwave happened. My back is soaked day and night from this heat! I wouldn't dare pad up.
Summer is the worst season for diaper :(

I was a bit sweaty and my diaper was about wrecked by the time I got home today. Over 90 today, with a heat index in the triple digits. yay.

Iowa is one of the worst places for temperature extremes. We can get down to -50F on really bad winters, and up over +110F on really bad summers. :p

This is my 4th summer wearing diapers 24/7 my body has addapted to being padded (plastic backed Betterdry Diapers) I just air out and change more often

I haven't been able to wear a nappy since the start of the heatwave, but today has been cooler so I am finally able to pad up :).

Typical, today it was cooler but had stuff to do that meant I couldn't wear!

Still - at least we can indulge in the British sport of complaining about the weather.

lol 3 weeks without rain. You should come downunder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back