Thread: How has coming out as an abdl changed your life?

Default How has coming out as an abdl changed your life?

This question in paticular is just/mainly for those who have already told their guardians/family about their secret, in terms of being an abdl?

Questions for you to answer (answer what you feel most comfortable with)

•What was it like (was it a positive or negative experience, and why?)?

•Has revealing that your an abdl given you more freedom than ever before or do you feel more enclosed than ever before and if so then why?

•Has this experience made you closer with your family/guardians in any way?

•What advice would you give to anyone thinking of revealing themselves to be an abdl to their family/guardians?

•Has a religion as a whole (and I mean in any way) or any dogma's prevented your acceptance from your family/guardians as being an abdl and if so then how?

•Was it worth the risk of coming out as an abdl to your family/guardians and why?

(Please Keep in mind the answers you give are for the people currently struggling with this paticular facet of life)

Maybe you should explain why you are asking these questions and what you are going to do with the answers.

You can find many answers in the numerous posts about these topics by the way.

•What was it like (was it a positive or negative experience, and why?)?
    Postive. It was quite frightening at first, but I wouldn't have it any other way. It has allowed me to be myself and realized that my family loves me for who I am no matter what. It has helped me realize that I can be a baby and still balance my adult life and have a great life.

•Has revealing that your an abdl given you more freedom than ever before or do you feel more enclosed than ever before and if so then why?
    Freedom. My family has been supportive and they allow me to wear diapers, or baby clothes, and also suck my thumb. It was weird at first but I have come to embrace it and feel more and more comfortable with it.

•Has this experience made you closer with your family/guardians in any way?
    Yes, I feel closer to them. Their acceptance made us closer.

•What advice would you give to anyone thinking of revealing themselves to be an abdl to their family/guardians?
    Make sure your parents are open-minded people, and that they would love you no matter what. When you come out, make sure to provide them with information about this lifestyle and be ready to answer questions. If they suggest you seek a psychologist, maybe you should. Just so they can have peace of mind, and if the psychologist is really good, they might put your family at ease. It's gonna be tough, but if things go right, they might turn to be positive.

•Has a religion as a whole (and I mean in any way) or any dogma's prevented your acceptance from your family/guardians as being an abdl and if so then how?
    Nope, my parents are really Catholic but it has never interfered with their acceptance of my ABDL side, nor it has ever being related or brought up.

•Was it worth the risk of coming out as an abdl to your family/guardians and why?
    Yes, because now I don't have to hide who I am. Nor I have to feel ashamed and isolated. I feel supported and that's a lot of relief.

Now, that being said, not every parent is like MY parents. You do have to assess the situation, your parents personalities and ideals, as well as seeing how open-minded they are.

Peace out.

It really haven't always make me think that I'm a baby

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Makubird View Post
    Maybe you should explain why you are asking these questions and what you are going to do with the answers.

You can find many answers in the numerous posts about these topics by the way.

I ask these questions because it is the subject of my account to ask thought provoking questions that give meaning and relatability towards users. (or atleast thats what I try to accomplish).

I honestly have NO plans for the answers with the exception that they will hopefully help someone currently struggling.

An while I am aware that many other forum threads like this already excist, I fear they're more intrested in having a conversation

(which isnt a bad thing because by nature we as human (beings) are very social animals that require constant maintenance (socially speaking))

than they are in trying to provoke deep and personal thoughts to which we can then use those experiences (of contributing commenters/posters) and the lessons learned at hand as being associated as a relateable solution to people (more specifically (the) abdl's).

Once again the premise of my account is to provoke deep and personal thoughts.

Have a nice but knowledge filled day!

These questionnaires just come off feeling like you're writing an ethnography paper which, while there is nothing wrong with that, roping people in without telling them what you're doing is a big no no. The other threads (that you don't want to look at) get deep and personal enough without repeating or feeling like a sideways "volunteer" interview. It makes your motivation a little harder to believe, is all I'm saying.

Now for what it's worth this is a question that I can't help you with. I'm "out" to no one, for the simple fact that I just don't want to be. I live alone, my religiospiritual life has no problems with this, and I can't think of any reason why I would need to drop this bomb on anyone any time soon—it literally has no advantage for me and my life.