Not open for further replies.

KimbaFoxNatsume

Pokemon Trainer in, err, Training... Pants
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
They're so... irresistible! Aside from diapers, they are my favorite baby item.

I definitely prefer plushies that are of favorite characters (like from movies or TV shows) to generic animals and the like.

Plushies make wonderful friends who are always there for you. I sleep surrounded by them every night and they give me a feeling of security and consistency. Touching/cuddling a soft stuffed animal helps fulfill sensory needs as well.

I wish I could carry one with me out in public to have these benefits while on the go - and to just be cute! But it would raise my parents' eyebrows and I just don't want it to be awkward.

At the very least, I can have one around the house when it's just me and my mother; earlier this week I got to watch Moana with my mom, while having a bottle of chocolate milk and cuddling Pua (one of my new favorite plushies who's inspired this deep appreciation of them in me).

I keep small ones in my change bag. Usually that make some kind of noise. Right now it's a small squashy unicorn that rattles.

My mom knows it's there, along with my giant fidget cube. They're sensory things that help me cope if I start having a 'freak out'. (Which is what happened today...I got all upset and had a meltdown over iced tea. Which is ridiculous. I know it is, but at the time it was the end of the world. It was so bad that I couldn't breathe and ended up being sick.)

ANYWAY.

My favorite plushie is Cottontail, who is an Easter Bunny gift from 1992. She looks -kind of- like this one: s-l500.jpg

Except she's pink and her nose is a plastic one. Also the inside of her ears is regular pink fabric, not the floral fabric. She's actually sitting next to me right now providing some much needed Woozle Support. :3

I'm pretty much right there with you, although I think I'd personally rank my baby clothing and my rattles above my stuffies, but yeah stuffies and plushies are rad.

I only have a couple of stuffed bears on me at the moment, but I love snuggling up with them when I regress and they're always next to me when I go to bed. I even keep one on my bedside table when all my baby stuff is put away, sometimes it's nice to just have that reminder lying around and something to grab onto and squeeze when things get a little stressful.

When I finish my next contract, I'll have a lot of extra money, so I'm planning on making some orders then, you know for diapers and baby accessories and stuff, one of those orders will definitely be for some larger stuffies that I hug the heck out of :)

I have loads of plushies… scattered here and there, in the bed, on the table, everywhere. I sleep with one at night. It's almost impossible for me to fall asleep without one and I've been this way since as long as I can remember. I need the softness and the fluff and the texture to feel to sleep properly. My favorite is either my purple bunny Eggsy or my Eevee Jericho.

Poofybutt said:
I'm pretty much right there with you, although I think I'd personally rank my baby clothing

I forgot about my ''baby'' clothes (which for me is just stuff like cartoon t-shirts and footie pajamas). I really like my cartoon shirts too; they're a way to take your favorite characters out in public with you, but aren't quite as cuddly as plushies!

- - - Updated - - -

CuddleWoozle said:
I keep small ones in my change bag. Usually that make some kind of noise. Right now it's a small squashy unicorn that rattles.

My mom knows it's there, along with my giant fidget cube. They're sensory things that help me cope if I start having a 'freak out'. (Which is what happened today...I got all upset and had a meltdown over iced tea. Which is ridiculous. I know it is, but at the time it was the end of the world. It was so bad that I couldn't breathe and ended up being sick.)

Despite it being a fairly common thing with autism, I seldom ever will have a meltdown over seemingly trivial stuff. But I did in March when my dad wanted to buy a used washing machine, that on top of work had me really stressed out at the time, and I ended up getting into it with my dad and then trying to ''get away'' by curling up in the bathtub. :(

I think that's part of the problem, my dad doesn't really know much about autism or how it affects me, so to start carrying a plushie I'd have to be like ''Hey, this helps me feel safe and provides sensory input'' (and then I'd have to explain what sensory input IS)...

My plushies are a big part of my AB side; it's so nice to snuggle with one after getting padded up. And as others of said, just having them around is rather comforting. Being a Brony has it's advantages; I can fill my bedroom with Pony plushies and my parents don't mind when they come to visit. :D

The Build-a-Bear ones are the best for cuddles, as they're so chunky. I've invested in some nice custom-made ones too; the lure of them can indeed be irresistible sometimes.

I would probably have a bunch of plushies if it weren't for my dog, she is kind of like a big living plushie and loves to hug/cuddle (the complete opposite of how some people think Pit Bulls are)

I still sleep with two of the plushies my wife bought me. She once asked me if I wanted to be buried with my teddy bear, but I declined. She thought it could be sneaked in so our kids wouldn't know, but I think I'll have my teddy in the next life.

I friggin love my plushies and have a gang of them in my room with me at all times

I love sleeping with my Simba and having them around really helped me when I first moved out and was feeling a little anxious. I'll often bring Simba with me when I fly and have, on a couple of occasions, brought him to friends' house

It's always nice being surrounded by soft cuddly companions :)

I have my downsized plusie collection here in my bedroom in my new place.
So soft.
So cuddly.
So emotionally calming.
Yesterday, I did give them a bath in the washing machine.
No harm done.
I need them, along with my "Living Plushie", my pet Guinea Pig, "Ernestina".

Love of stuffed animals was the only real outlet I gave to being AB (long before I knew what that was) from childhood onward. I always loved them and I didn't "pack up" my stuffies until I got married then after my divorce 18 years later and realization of what all my quirks were actually called/meant I returned to stuffie-loverism full throttle. I have one that my Daddy gave me for valentines that I sleep with every night and a parade of them over the bed, we've also discussed putting up nets like I had as a kiddo so I can fill them with stuffers. I'd love to get to ALL my old ones and see if any have survived life in the shed out at the family farm (I doubt it but I can dream) but I did always keep my most dear ones in the house so I have my first stuffie and a few from my childhood along with the new ones. I try to mostly only play with the new ones though since my "grownup stuffies" are too fragile to cuddle much.

I guess you can say my plushie collection is medium. Not all my plushies are in my room. Because of space, I have the majority of my plushies in the attic boxed up.

My favorite plushie is my brown bunny name Mr. Yum Yums. I got him when I was 4 or 5 years old. I sleep with him almost every night. Having him in my arms is very comforting; I love him so much!

KimbaWolfNagihiko said:
They're so... irresistible! Aside from diapers, they are my favorite baby item.

I definitely prefer plushies that are of favorite characters (like from movies or TV shows) to generic animals and the like.

Plushies make wonderful friends who are always there for you. I sleep surrounded by them every night and they give me a feeling of security and consistency. Touching/cuddling a soft stuffed animal helps fulfill sensory needs as well.

I wish I could carry one with me out in public to have these benefits while on the go - and to just be cute! But it would raise my parents' eyebrows and I just don't want it to be awkward.

At the very least, I can have one around the house when it's just me and my mother; earlier this week I got to watch Moana with my mom, while having a bottle of chocolate milk and cuddling Pua (one of my new favorite plushies who's inspired this deep appreciation of them in me).
They are certainly nice, even though I don't really think of them as AB things. They are just there, they are soft and warm and attentive... That's about it. I used to have a lot of them, when I was little (they are still somewhere around), but now I just have one, the first one I ever got, Mouse, and he's more than enough for me.

Plushies are special lovey friends.
They never get tired of you.
They never complain.
They always listen, when other humans do not.
They always love you.
They always forgive you if you have been a bad boy or bad girl.
They are true friends.

I, too, have a lot. My favorites are seals and ferrets. I have a giant ferret from Japan named Fel that my wife got me one year. Later, I found the same one in miniature size at Midwest FurFest being used to demonstrate the size of a belt-bag. I had to buy it from the lady and the biggest sticking point for her was that now she'd have to find something else to put in the belt bag. XD. It's now on my MFF lanyard.

Plushies have always been an escape for me when I was little. I decided to buy a stuffie months ago when I discovered what a little was and that's how I became a little. I reccently lost my pet who means the world to me and a day or so after I was carrying my stuffie around the house. My parents didn't care because they're ok with my stuffies and sippy cup. I think they understood I was having a hard time. But a paci has helped me sleep during this time.

- - - Updated - - -

Same here I have a plushie of Skye from Paw Patrol because dogs are my favourite thing ever!

- - - Updated - - -

Same here I have a plushie of Skye from Paw Patrol because dogs are my favourite thing ever!

I cry at night sometimes for my toddler plushie bear. I remember it was almost as big as myself when I got it for Christmas. It was white with purple sides.

My grandma had to see it up a few times, and dad glued an eye back up.

I had it until I was about 16, until the day I moved away from my dad to live with my mum. I left it behind.

Eventually, my little sister and step sister and other kids left it outside, where the dog drooled all over it, and left it to the elements.

I found it some time later in the bin, smelling very funky.

Today, I cry for that bear, all these years later. I miss it so much.

I will note, that one does not get HIV/AIDS from plushies.
They are safe.
No, I never, ever do anything dirty with my plushies.
I only hug and sleep with them.

caitianx said:
I will note, that one does not get HIV/AIDS from plushies.
They are safe.
No, I never, ever do anything dirty with my plushies.
I only hug and sleep with them.

Well, for that matter you're not going to pick up the Herpes from them either. :laugh:

And if you HAVE something, the plushie does not care. They are equal opportunity snugglers.

Like Lambie from Doc McStuffins says "You need a cuddle!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back