Your First Time Meeting Another AB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scamander14

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Little
So, what was it like when you met another AB?

I’ve tried looking online but, I haven’t found a lot of info for ‘meet-ups’ for the Toledo, OH area.

I've met a fair amount. There's actually a small local scene where I am from, very few newcomers, very few caregivers that aren't already in a committed relationship with an AB, but a decent amount of like minded people of both the AB and DL persuasion. I met most of my AB friends and acquaintances through munches and get togethers organized by my local AB community. I also attended munches back when I was in Toronto, those were fun. It also helps that some people from my University, who I am still pretty chummy with, started exploring AB/DL as well. So, I've met quite a few in person and I've even hung out with a few.

It's always a little nerve racking the first time around because you are never quite sure how other AB's are gonna act. Some AB's and DL's go all out, some are much more chill, some will be into it as a lifestyle, others will view it as strictly a kinky thing, you'll usually get a wide mix when you attend a munch. Finding an in as the new guy is always difficult as well, especially if the community is extremely close knit. I remember my first few local munches, they were pretty clique (they still are), there wasn't really a lot of people who were newbie friendly, you had find your own way in on the conversation, which was fine for me, but that can be difficult for some. I've found that munches in larger cities are much more accommodating. Usually when you go to a munch in a larger city, you're not the only newcomer, so you hit it off with other new people and there's usually at least a couple of more experienced AB's who offer to show you around and introduce you to their friends and such. So meeting another AB, it's a bit uncertain and nerve racking, but ultimately worth it, it's nice finding out that there's others like you. It should go without saying, but I've also made some wonderful AB/DL and Little friends through ADISC :)

I'm sorry it doesn't seem like there are any meet-ups in your area. If you're just searching online you might not find any. I found out about all my munches and I'm notified of upcoming ones through Fetlife, it's probably the only good reason to have an account on there. I seldom frequent my Fetlife account, but I still keep it open and sign in every month to hear about possible munches and get togethers.

Also, I know there are quite a few members on ADISC who are based in Ohio, so I wouldn't be surprised if there are munches/meet ups in that State. Have you considered looking up munches/meet-ups in other cities? Columbus and Cleveland seem as though they'd likely have a munch, my city is much smaller than either of those and it still hosts AB/DL get togethers and has a tiny AB/DL community. Of course, you'd likely have to commute in order to attend a meet and greet in another city.

I haven't met any people who are into the AB or DL mindset but we had a family who essentially were babysitters and also served as maids (its very common here), who were with us from when I was 4. The two daughters knew about my liking in diapers from the beginning and would sometimes tease me about it in a healthy manner and had no problems with me being in a diaper around them. They had to leave us due to accommodation reasons a few years ago and I still miss them as they were the only ones who knew about this from the beginning and were not uncomfortable with it.

other than my cousin, who i grew up with, i have never met another DL

I have never met another AB or DL that I know of. Maybe I have, but being that this is held pretty damn close to the vest, Ill never know.

I've met a lot of them over time. I was extremely nervous at that first group meet years ago. I'm a little surprised I went but I think I recognized that I wasn't going to progress as easily on my own.

As meets go, it was maybe a bit dull. People getting together at a food court, grabbing some food, chatting, and then going out for a group walk. Still, I think it was really important for me to do it and set the stage for more significant socializing down the road.

Hi Scamander14,

I didn't meet any ABDLs in real life until this year, so although I'm 45, I'm still a relative newbie to the experience. I've described it before -- if you look up my threads I'm sure you'll find the one I posted back in April about going to my first ABDL event. So as not rehash all of that, the best analogy I came up with was that it was like a first kiss. It was wonderful to finally be this part of me in front of and with other like-minded people. I found people through various groups on FetLife -- the one called Littles Just Want to Have Fun is great and there is a semi-annual event they made me aware of called the Littles Invasion. There are different ABDL groups with different "personalities" on FetLife, so you should check out a number of them and find groups that work best for you. I don't have a specific group to refer you to offhand in Ohio, but I know from talking with others in the ABDL community that there is definitely an active ABDL community in Ohio. If you haven't made a FetLife profile, I would recommend it. It was scary as hell for me, but I'm glad I did it because it has brought me into contact with a number of people who are now friends.

Best wishes and be well.

Tab

Scamander14, I'm in the Ohio area too, about an hour south of Findlay. I've been in the scene for over 22 years.

My first abdl was a guy named shawn, he is close to 7' tall... I was scared because I did not drive at the time, he came to get me at my house and was taking me back to his place in Findlay. I spent the weekend with him.

I've met many many many people over the years.

Always meet in public, don't give your address to anybody, always have a way out if it gets to be too much.

The best way to meet people is at munches because it is just eating out with people.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I met a fur who I recognized as an AB/DL from the pin he had on his booth at Fur Squared. He carves intricate wood things and we bought some neat stuff from him!

I met an an who was about 10 years older than I when I was 50. He was much more open than I and his wife was his mommy.He always wondered why I didn't wear diapers when I visited him.. But I was much more reserved than him and was a little uncomfortable in Baby mode around his wife. Sadly, he had many health issues and passed away.. They had a video of their lives at his memorial and many of the photos were of him in onsies and diapers, and his wife in mommy apparel.. I thought it was best they were so open about it. She just announced her and her husband lived a little different lifestyle at the memorial. Ya know, no one really acted like it bothered them much. I know not what the folks were thinking. But it was handled very well.

I've only met one AB (of whom I was aware) and he and I shared many interests: We were both entrepreneurs, active in our community, etc. We had a good relationship based on mutual respect.

We would sometimes share notes on babysitters; we had at least two women babysit us both but at different times.

His wife was very unsupportive and I know he struggled a good deal with his infantilism and desire to keep his family together. I moved away many years ago and lost touch with him.

I have corresponded with other ABs, but never met another.

Um, I've met 2 confirmed people (a couple) into AB/DL, and 2 people (also a couple) into CG/L but not confirmed that they're into it in a sexual way.

I did not really have super a lot in common with the AB/DL couple, and didn't really want to spend more time with them.

One of my friends I made earlier in the year guessed really early on that I was a little, and told me she was one too. Her boyfriend is her daddy all the time whenever they interact. All of their interactions are apparently laced with it. She was pretty cool. I don't see her that often though.

I haven't met anyone. But some guy who lived nearby kept messaging me about meeting up at his house so he can baby me... but I passed because he was gay, I'm straight... but really tiny and thin. Didn't want to risk it 😂😂😂

Reactions: bast22
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back