Plain Single Tape (per side) Diapers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dork

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Hey everyone,

I have seen a few people mention wanting a plain diaper with single tapes per side. I'm also a huge fan of that idea. Being a DL, and a picky one at that, I prefer plain diapers with no designs. If there has to be a wetness indicator, I prefer the yellow line(s) versus the stupid blue batch numbers. Keep it simple! I have seen the post by ABU about plans for the single tape, all white, "Super Simple" and I can't wait for that one, but there is another option on the market that is pretty nice.

Enter Rearz Inspire Select. Not a perfect diaper by any means, but one I think some of you might enjoy.

Wanting to try a plain diaper with single tapes for a while, I bought a blind case of these. This was also my first order from Rearz and Canada. The case shipped quickly straight to my doorstep in less than a week. Upon initial unboxing, I was disappointed. Mind you, like I said, I am picky. The plastic used for these diapers has a noticeable texture. It is something akin to the Totaldry texture. Just not my preference. Closer inspection of the diapers showed some possible issues with production. Namely, the landing strips on a few had blobs of glue trapped underneath. Some diapers had small glue spots on the backstreet too. Also, the leg elastic was left to dead end into a tangle of elastic instead of clipping them off or whatever. The entire first bag I went through was like that. Inconsistent issues, but nearly every diaper had an issue. I sucked it up though and just begrudgingly dealt with the problems. Then, on the second bag, something odd happened: I started to really enjoy them and appreciate the great aspects I had overlooked in my pickiness.

First off, the second bag had no glue-related problems. Maybe the glue machine was acting up for that bit of production? I don't know... The fit is really nice on these diapers. I am a 34 waist, so I tend to fall in that weird mostly medium area where diapers are either a little small or way too big. The medium of these fit me nicely. The standing leak guards are TALL! I don't particularly benefit from them, but these suckers actually stand up and could function. There is no writing on these whatsoever. I love ya ABU, but I know I'm wearing your product. Seeing your logo when I look down ruins it for me a bit (I'm picky). And the big winner for me, they have a light blue inner sheet that makes the diaper look more interesting while still remaining plain!

Final note on quality concerns. The tapes were a bit annoying at first. They are kind of taller than they are wide, and if they land near where your legs bend, they curl up at the bottom. The tapes also like to pull away from the wing at the bottom (possibly leg related too). I just added some clear gorilla tape to reinforce the area, and I now get a really secure hold.

So, if you're like me and you want to try something plain with single tapes, give these a shot. You might just like em. https://rearz.ca/diaperlife-inspire-select-12/

So are these based on the Inspire+ or Inspire+/InControl? (capacity difference) They don't state the capacity on the page.

Tall leak guards are a must for single tape diapers, so that's good. I assume they're an Inspire that just has changed the tapes?

Dork said:
Final note on quality concerns. The tapes were a bit annoying at first. They are kind of taller than they are wide, and if they land near where your legs bend, they curl up at the bottom.

You probably need to angle the tapes a little bit. Angle the lower part of the tape out from the centerline a little. Maybe 20 degree angle from vertical?

I often pretape diapers for a better taping and more consistent fit, but I always pretape single tape diapers. It's too difficult otherwise to get them down flat without them getting down on top of wrinkled front panel.

Thanks for the tips, Bambinod! I'll give them a shot.

Not sure how the Select relates to the other Inspires. I know when they were first released they were said to be a white version of the Rearz Lil Squirts (3,800ML). These are my first Rearz diaper though, so I don't know.

Dork said:
Thanks for the tips, Bambinod! I'll give them a shot..

Forgot I had a pic for this in my gallery:

attachment.php

(that's a rev1 Cuddlz)

The tape on that seems a bit high....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

squishypants said:
The tape on that seems a bit high....

I believe diapers are intended for the back and front panels to come to about the same height? (and that one's taped to within about 1/4" of being equal)

In the case of that particular diaper, the base of the tapes where they connect to the back panel (at the top of the tape) exactly hits the top of the tape panel.

If the diaper is "too long" for you, then you're going to be attaching the tapes down a bit of course, but you'll also end up with a bit of a "flap" in the front.

Diapers that are a little bit too small on me tend to need the (upper) tapes attached partly or completely up off the top of the tape panel.

Prefer ABU SDK myself well they are my favorite. What I don't like about Rearz Inspire single tape is the cut isn't right and the plastic shell isn't smooth it has a rough texture.

The WALMART House Brand "Single-Tape" adult dydees are total garbage.
They never fit right, and there is not enough absorbent padding in them.
I refuse to ever buy them again, after trying them for a week months ago.

Dork said:
Thanks for the tips, Bambinod! I'll give them a shot.

Not sure how the Select relates to the other Inspires. I know when they were first released they were said to be a white version of the Rearz Lil Squirts (3,800ML). These are my first Rearz diaper though, so I don't know.

I really liked those Lil Squirtz but broke out in a rash immediately with them :(

Still would like to try Inspire Select but very keen for the Super Simples.

Argent said:
I really liked those Lil Squirtz but broke out in a rash immediately with them :(

Still would like to try Inspire Select but very keen for the Super Simples.

Wonder if it was from the dye? The inner material that has the blue color is pretty vibrant.

Dork said:
Wonder if it was from the dye? The inner material that has the blue color is pretty vibrant.

I am really unsure, I also broke out from Bambinos UltraStretch and Magnificos but no where near as bad, folded I found straight out of the pack thise Bambinos were the same size as the Lil Squirtz :(

FYI for those considering cuddlz, just a reminder that their "new and improved" four tape diapers are about half the capacity of their original single tape model. And the cost per diaper is almost the same. :wallbash: Definitely wear the single tapes for overnight. (Cuddlz are about the only single tape diapers I'd recommend for nighttime use right now, though I haven't been able to try Rearz Select just yet - sooooon!)

bambinod said:
FYI for those considering cuddlz, just a reminder that their "new and improved" four tape diapers are about half the capacity of their original single tape model. And the cost per diaper is almost the same. :wallbash: Definitely wear the single tapes for overnight. (Cuddlz are about the only single tape diapers I'd recommend for nighttime use right now, though I haven't been able to try Rearz Select just yet - sooooon!)

That is extremely frustrating :(

thank you for the community service announcement!

(and actually I'd amend that, I also recommend Kiddo for overnight - those work surprisingly well)

bambinod said:
(and actually I'd amend that, I also recommend Kiddo for overnight - those work surprisingly well)

They are my choice for overnight but then I rarely have a problem with SDKs, Lavender or Cushies overnight. Thank you ABU for the many nights of dry sheets.

I just recently tried Kiddos for the first time, and I really like them much better than the other single tape ABU diapers. I seem to get a much better fit out of them. I really hope when they do the Super Simple all white single tape, that they use the Kiddo shell and shape rather than the others.

iowaincon said:
I just recently tried Kiddos for the first time, and I really like them much better than the other single tape ABU diapers. I seem to get a much better fit out of them. I really hope when they do the Super Simple all white single tape, that they use the Kiddo shell and shape rather than the others.

I'm pretty sure it is supposed to be based on the SDK. That is where "Super" in "Super Simple" comes from. Honestly, I wish they would make plain versions of all the unique single tape diaper styles. And I have to give it to Rearz for adding the blue accents to the Select. Plain doesn't have to mean boring.

Dork said:
I'm pretty sure it is supposed to be based on the SDK. That is where "Super" in "Super Simple" comes from.....

I read it the other way that it was the normal simples but with a single tape. I would be happy with either.

Argent said:
I read it the other way that it was the normal simples but with a single tape. I would be happy with either.

You're right. Looks like I misread it.

Dork said:
I'm pretty sure it is supposed to be based on the SDK. That is where "Super" in "Super Simple" comes from. Honestly, I wish they would make plain versions of all the unique single tape diaper styles. And I have to give it to Rearz for adding the blue accents to the Select. Plain doesn't have to mean boring.

I'm looking forward to trying the Rearz Inspire Select, they've taken their Inspire (or maybe the +InControl?) diaper and put single tapes on it for a test run. Should arrive on Thursday :) There aren't many single tape diapers available right now, and these are poised to be high quality AND all-white at the same time, and I'd call that a win-win.

I see the SDK's as a single-tape diaper that's compromise in many respects, and so its failing to do anything really well. No front elastic, modest capacity, semi-plain look, middle cost. Not enough capacity for overnight, not all that comfortable for daytime, neither all-white nor colorful design, though heap enough for frequent wear, but not quite thin enough to be comfortable under work pants. Cushies (v1) and Kiddo both have front elastic and higher capacity, with a more aggressive design, although for a higher cost. So the niche that remains is for a more premium, comfortable, good capacity, all-white, and I hope we get it with the Select. (I'd also jump on an all-white Kiddo! hint hint)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back