What would you do

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robert1

Est. Contributor
Hi all i was just woundering what would you all do if you found your kids wearing diapers or if thay said they wanted diapers?

I would try to understand why.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well naturaly without prying I would try to find out there intrest as in what sparked it , make sure it wasn't because of anything in there home life that they needed eome dupport on and then give them the credit card and a limit of say $200 for supplies , i am very reasonable and would just like the peade of mind that its not a family dynamic that's causing them harm ,aside from that I'd bee fine , i always have said if I could have a family my disability can't be hidden, nor would I try to hide my diapers , i need them I use them they would be as familiar in the enviroment as the couch or laundry room , i would not try and keep a secret from my kids , i have a medical problem I wear diapers , my feeling of trying to hide or deny them, would send the message theres something wrong with diapers and in my opinion theres not ,honesty is the best policy, yes i can defend why there potty training well i still wear them .

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

I'd bet it's pretty unlikely they'd ask to be put back in diapers. (unless they had just gotten out of them) I know most of us tried very hard to avoid being discovered when we were younger.

It's pretty unlikely but if it happened with the kids I don't have, too much would depend on circumstances for a pat answer. In general, I'd try to understand why and maintain that it's not that big of a deal.

If they were like me and it was a sexy thing that is based at least in part in humiliation, then I'd encourage them to get right with it in their head while continuing to enjoy it privately.

I would be totally discreet with it and make it not such a big deal and not bring it up again unless they wanted too.

considering my cousin and i wished for mom and aunt mary to put us into diapers because of the bed wetting, and i put a second cousin in diapers when he visited (once again bedwetter--and yes i asked his parents). if i had kids, yep they would be in diapers if they wet, and could have diapers if they wanted them if they didnt wet.

Knowing all I know now. I would listen and understand; be supportive, and encourage total discretion. It would be the "gold standard" of hypocrisy if I did anything less.

This is such a hard thing. I have three girls 9 and under. On one hand, I would want to help and support them. On the other hand, while I have indeed come to accept this part of my life, I would at the same time, not for a second, wish it on my kids. I know how much of a burden it has been over my life, to be normal and acceptable to the "muggles" (as I've seen several of you refer to) is just an easier path. I know that sounds hypocritical, but that's how I feel. That said, if they ended up down this path, I'd support them 100%, but I'd try to help them think about and understand more of the why.

I'm curious, are there any among us who are actually dealing with this with their kids?

NeverKnow said:
I would say, "If you act like a baby, you're going to be treated like a baby." Then I'd revoke all of their privileges, institute an earlier bedtime, spoon feed them, etc.

Just kidding. I'd make sure there was no medical problem and ask them what they were thinking and what they wanted.

Haha......you've been reading the same stories I've been reading.. It made me laugh.

I think some of this depends on the age of the child. When they're young or very young, we as parents, sometimes have to make decisions for them that they might not like. I know my wife and I would have had a long discussion with them, asking them how they felt, how badly did they want to be back in diapers and how they felt about that.

If they were older, I think one begins to bend more to their desires and needs. In both cases, we'd talk about balance, when was a good time to wear diapers and how often as well as a discussion about hygiene. At the same time as a parent, I would also question myself as to what I might have done when they were very young, especially during the period of potty training. We've all discussed why we ourselves enjoy wearing diapers. Now the discussion would be turned to, did I do something as a parent to instill this desire in my own child?

this is a hard one how old are the kids in question have the run across diapers at school a special needs class room or at the nurse office and seen diapers if so this may be their reason for wanting to try them and jut now came up with the courage to pop the question if this is the reason ( seen diapers at school) i would set them down and have a talk with them and try to find out what sparked this for sure part of me wants to say let them try them o they know what their classmate is going threw needing them also a part of me says no way not a chance then to when they are in the store and find the diaper area they may or may not be tempted to buying sample of something and trying them behind your back

Considering my son is autistic and still struggles with incontinence, mostly only at night but sometimes during the day too I'd assume he was just looking for the logical way out and tired of dealing with the mess now that he's old enough that HE has to clean it up. Id definitely ask him why he was asking which would probably take a while to have that conversation (he'd think he was getting in trouble, backtrack, avoid, probably make up a story about it having to do with missing his Daddy -divorce was fairly recent...anything he's on a hot-seat about is temporarily because he misses Daddy-then the real reason would come out and we can talk about it logically). After that we'd probably have to have a very candid conversation about how we would afford it which would mean getting him comfortable enough to talk to the doctor about it to see if we could get help affording them because GEEBUS large kid dipies are expesive. If they weren't so high I'd still have him in goodnights at night but honestly bed pads and extra laundry are cheaper.

Not planning on ever having any children...'cause like...that stork thing...it's a total lie. D: But if someone else in my family popped up wanting to have this stuff, I'd probably just ask "Why?"

I would definitely have to have an age for the child / teenager and need to know if it was for medical or sexual reasons or just plain soothing to them. No matter what I would be understanding and ask them to be somewhat discreet (as possible) about it. I would emphasize I felt no less or more of them as it is a part of their life and I would respect that.

yeh I try to understand why and I be ok with it but like tetra but ultimately ill be like "keep it discreet" but yeh ill may help them . but ill help them buy but yeh treat it as a normal thing, unless the leave them about. or gets moody when they ar not aloud to wear. but mainly have a "out of sight, out of mind" sorta thing

- - - Updated - - -

I think we were all scared of it becoming a big deal and our perants not understanding. I think I could have explaind and try to get my mum to undersand if I didn't have a panic attack. my mum wouldn't really mind I think. had a rough patch at the start when I was getting constantly caught with my dummy. but a while ago my mum found my bayby stuf (sippy cup and dummy). she kinda confronted me with "that look" nd said she found them. im my panic I kinda brushed it of and played it cool. we don't talk about it. I don't use my dummies that often now as they are bayby's ones. but yeh coulda gone better if I talked to her but like....yeh

I think i would talk to them and also have them see a shrink for at least 6 sesions not that theres anything wrong but just to work out feelings and to try to understand themselfs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back