Wore My First Diaper

Status
Not open for further replies.

rainbowpenguin

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Little
Ok, so I tried wearing my first diaper last night after everyone went to bed. From AB Universe I ordered a PreSchool Plastic diaper in a size small. When I first wore it I felt anxiety, but I think that's because despite everyone being asleep I was worried someone might discover I'm wearing a diaper. They're not going to kick me out, but they will think it's very weird and I will feel uncomfortable with them knowing, so I want to avoid it for as long as I can.

As the time went on the anxiety wasn't as bad. I felt comfort from wearing the diaper; it was nice. I think I got a size too small though because the leg holes were tight and that was uncomfortable. If I order from AB Universe again in the future I will need to remember to get a medium. The diaper was kind of noisy when I moved and that was a love hate type thing. I liked the noise because it's a nostalgic type thing, but because of the noise, I wouldn't be able to wear it outside my room or because it will most likely be obvious.

Overall, I think wearing a diaper was good. I think if I didn't have the anxiety and it fit right I would have felt more comfort from the diaper, but for the anxiety that will probably go away over time. I discovered a kids's pull up called Goodnites that's in my size, so when I get the chance I think I will try them out in the future next. :smile1:

Congrats!! It does get easier over time! And you'll get better at choosing sizes! I've been wearing diapers for years now, due to night time incontenance, but I only recently got my first printed diapers. My wife doesn't like that I wear diapers, but puts up with them as she'd rather that then wake up in a wet bed. I never thought I'd be able to wear an a printed diaper though, and it's amazing! Try not to stress too much, and most of all, enjoy!!!

As the previous poster said congratulations 🎉! It will get easier overtime. My wife was very unsupportive about me wearing diapers until I was diagnosed with A urine retention problem causing severe incontinence. Even at first she was bound and determined diapers were not the solution. Overtime she adjusted her opinion and now demands that I’m diapered 24/7. She even buys me ABDL printed premium diapers as they tend to be the best diapers available. I never thought that would happen. I always figured she would buy me medical grade diapers. So trust me when I say it gets easier. Be patient!

rainbowpenguin said:
I felt comfort from wearing the diaper; it was nice. I think I got a size too small though because the leg holes were tight and that was uncomfortable. If I order from AB Universe again in the future I will need to remember to get a medium. The diaper was kind of noisy when I moved and that was a love hate type thing. I liked the noise because it's a nostalgic type thing, but because of the noise, I wouldn't be able to wear it outside my room or because it will most likely be obvious.

Yeah I think a lot of us order one size too small the first time, diaper sizing is always overstated and diapers don't usually fit if you're within 3-5 inches of their stated minimum size. (upper tapes maybe, but not lower tapes, as you've found)

Remember that what's obvious to you isn't obvious to everyone else. And in most cases even when someone does notice something off, they don't say anything. Kids (and sometimes really old people) can be more lacking in discretion though so I won't totally dismiss it. Was out on the sales floor helping because a swarm of customers appeared out of nowhere, didn't want to be there because I was in a fairly soaked teddy at the time. (it was like 10 min before close) Was walking a little funny because of how swollen the diaper was between my legs. Old geezer says to me "what's a-matta with your walk, boy, your leg asleep?" I took the easy out provided, "yeah I've been sitting in back all day". Was happy to get home and change.

Kids, however, can be pretty brutal, especially if they see a diaper peeking out the back or under a skirt. (or if you're leaking) But they don't usually notice odd gaits or diaper bulges fortunately.

Even though you really liked the feel of those diapers, I bey you really enjoy them when you get some that fit properly. The fit is really different when they're the right size. You'll find the bottom tapes can come in over the front padding (still at a bit of a downward angle though) instead of wrapping around your legs really low. So it's a very different feeling fit.

Congrats this is fabulous that you have worn.... Sorry it wasn’t while you had the place to yourself though.

If you found the small fitted you (even tight) you may find the mediums have a very generous fit so spend plenty of time getting the position correct before you stick the tabs.

I am yet to try Preschools but have a very high opinion of ABU products in general, if you decide the try the Barebums medium they do run a little smaller than some other mediums, from my experience they are the same diapee as MyDiaper, Dotty and I am sure quite a few others.

Anyway of course the chant “one of us, one of us, one of us” no going back to being a muggle now! :)

Thanks everyone! ^_^

Yep, anxiety is quite common and as everyone said, the more you wear the more comfortable this will all be and that pesky anxiety won't hang around.

You're actually lucky your first time was with an ABU brand even if it didn't have the snuggest fit. My first time was with Depends and I was an anxious little worrywart; I had to go out and about to buy the diapers and I was worried someone I knew might have seen me, I had to hide them away like my baby stuff because I was a teenager, still living at home and to make matters worse, my first time wearing and using and I actually leaked :( It was not a fun time, in fact, after my first experience, I was even more anxious, because every time I picked up a store bought brand, I was worried it would leak.

Fortunately, after I tried my first primo diaper, an Abena M4 that I got from a medical supply store near my house, my anxiety was finally put to rest. When I first began living on my own, I switched over to ABU and I have been a happy, padded baby ever since. I rarely spring leaks anymore and diapers just feel like second nature to me now, they bring only happiness, not anxiety. The more you wear, the more it will feel like that for you too.

Congrats on your first time wearing :)

Poofybutt said:
Yep, anxiety is quite common and as everyone said, the more you wear the more comfortable this will all be and that pesky anxiety won't hang around.

You're actually lucky your first time was with an ABU brand even if it didn't have the snuggest fit. My first time was with Depends and I was an anxious little worrywart; I had to go out and about to buy the diapers and I was worried someone I knew might have seen me, I had to hide them away like my baby stuff because I was a teenager, still living at home and to make matters worse, my first time wearing and using and I actually leaked :( It was not a fun time, in fact, after my first experience, I was even more anxious, because every time I picked up a store bought brand, I was worried it would leak.

Fortunately, after I tried my first primo diaper, an Abena M4 that I got from a medical supply store near my house, my anxiety was finally put to rest. When I first began living on my own, I switched over to ABU and I have been a happy, padded baby ever since. I rarely spring leaks anymore and diapers just feel like second nature to me now, they bring only happiness, not anxiety. The more you wear, the more it will feel like that for you too.

Congrats on your first time wearing :)

Woah! I'm sorry to hear your first time wearing a diaper was bad. :(

Thank you! :D

rainbowpenguin said:
Woah! I'm sorry to hear your first time wearing a diaper was bad. :(

Thank you! :D

No need to be sorry, them's the breaks sometimes. I think a lot of people likely had an iffy time with their first diaper. The point is, the more you wear, the more comfortable one becomes with diapers and being a big baby, so that anxiety doesn't last long.

You're welcome :)

Wearing a diaper too tight can be harmful if not deadly. You can cut off the circulation to your legs and therefore cause clotting also blood loss to the legs and gangrene can start. Once you take diaper off you will cause a rush of blood down ward and a brief loss of supply for the brain and heart that can cause vaso vagel syncope aka passing out and if its real bad you could get a clot that hits your heart or lungs or worse yet your brain and cause a possible fatal consequences especially if you are not within arms reach of a level 1 trauma center. Sorry about the buzz kill here but its the worse that can happen. Another thing can happen is testicular torsion if you are a male and cause those to have to be removed if not caught early enough.

Congrats x however many times we have congratsed you! Lol wearing for the first time is both nerve wracking and gratifying! The first time I bought/wore goodnites as a teen is was so nervous and embarrassed (at the grocery store), but it was so satisfying. It’s a little thing that makes me happy and harms no one, so who can complain?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back