Imagine if diapers were ok...

Status
Not open for further replies.
12srepaid said:
While I would not expect everyone to wear diapers, it would be wonderful if people did not make such a big deal when they see others wearing diapers, especially older kids, teens, and young adults. They seem to get ridiculed the most.

It isn't so much what they are that gets them the most ridicule... it's who they are around the most -- other young adults. Too many of them aren't old enough to act mature.

It is a bit odd this teasing even happens in a sense. Does someone wearing diapers actually impact others around them? Nope not at all. I think it comes from the adults who ridicule misbehaved kids saying things like "don't be a baby". These examples from the adults then stick and get improperly applied to teasing of those who are in diapers ect.

I bet a young child who has not experienced or seen this teasing before doesn't care who wears what, supporting it is a learned behavior. Which then takes maturity to see how immature it is. However in my personal experience most adults have the maturity of a middle school or early high school teens until they are about 40. Most start raising their own kids in their 20s passing on this immature behavior on and so the cycle continues.

Diapers already ARE ok. Wearing (and even using) them is neither illegal nor immoral. And it's also fully understood/accepted that incontinent people don't exactly have much of any other choice. But as far as not being weird to everyone I see what you mean. And actually I believe diaper fetishes would likely increase, after all more people would be exposed to wearing them, and that sexual association would then have more chances to be developed- especially during puberty.

I think a lot of diaper fettish is a sensory turn on and no I thing diaper fettish will increase due to more people get expose to it. but ultametly keep it out of sight then its out of mind really.

If wearing nappies gained widespread acceptance I think it would make life a bit easier and nicer for us; I can't see how it would take any of the fun out. As things are today, I wear nappies instead of using the toilet because it feels better, they are comfy and convenient and it just makes me happy. It would be much the same if nappies were more popular, except that the convenience factors would improve. Bathroom stalls would be made bigger and unisex bathrooms would probably be more common so that couples could change each other. There would be more high-street stores with more variety, including fashion-oriented products and accessories. You could discuss absorbency and fit over coffee with friends and try each other's favourite brands.

It's difficult to predict the social mores that might develop once the awkwardness is stripped away - some might be quite radical. If you compare toilet etiquette in different cultures, there's quite a variety of different expectations of modesty. In China, for example, there have traditionally been toilets with zero privacy, where men and women alike just squat over a trough to wee and poo in front of friends and strangers. Perhaps the same openness would develop about nappy changes, triggered by the greater acceptance of one's own and each other's needs. You would just lie on a changing table in an open room and change / be changed. Perhaps it would be OK / polite to offer to change your friends if you go together. Even in public, there might be a thing for showing off your nappy e.g. going out with just a nappy and top on, particularly if you wear nappies with fashionable designs or just to keep cool in hot weather, and not be embarrassed about the wetness showing. If you felt like a change, you could just look at your friends' wetness indicators to see if they need changing too and invite them along. It could be sociable and fun, provided the necessary hygiene factors were also part of the routine.

If there were a switch I could flick to make this all a reality, I would go for it, but even small steps would be enjoyable. Maybe in 10 years it will be OK to tell friends that you're going to wear a nappy to an event, or ask if they are wearing, without getting any more open than that. Surely there's nothing to lose?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back