Total dry xplus

Status
Not open for further replies.

qwertyqwerty

Contributor
Role
  1. Sissy
Are the total drys the same as bambino line or different? Thanks

They have been the same as Bambino Bianco or Classico. Still are, as far as I know. Teddies were supposed to have a bit more SAP than the others.

Trevor said:
They have been the same as Bambino Bianco or Classico. Still are, as far as I know. Teddies were supposed to have a bit more SAP than the others.

I vaguely remember something about the Teddy (when they briefly had the stretch tapes?) claiming a higher capacity but I don't know if that ended up just being rumor or what. (I believe there was no truth to it)

Bellissimo are the only diaper with that profile that have higher capacity AFAIK, due to different (higher sap) padding.

Totaldry X-Plus is the base model the Classico, Bianco, and Teddy are based on. Only difference is in the shell art. Bellisimo are also the same model but with better padding.

bambinod said:
I vaguely remember something about the Teddy (when they briefly had the stretch tapes?) claiming a higher capacity but I don't know if that ended up just being rumor or what. (I believe there was no truth to it)

Bellissimo are the only diaper with that profile that have higher capacity AFAIK, due to different (higher sap) padding.

Totaldry X-Plus is the base model the Classico, Bianco, and Teddy are based on. Only difference is in the shell art. Bellisimo are also the same model but with better padding.

I remember this coming from the company. It's still in their longer form promotional text: https://bambinodiapers.com/teddy-printed-diapers-c-8 so I think it's valid (10% more SAP). As to whether that makes any difference, I guess that's for reviewers to decide.

Trevor said:
I remember this coming from the company. It's still in their longer form promotional text: https://bambinodiapers.com/teddy-printed-diapers-c-8 so I think it's valid (10% more SAP). As to whether that makes any difference, I guess that's for reviewers to decide.

ok yes I do remember that now. And I was thinking, "10% more huh.... how much of a difference can THAT possibly make?"

Interesting, I thought the plastic on the shell was somehow different from the bianco or classico. So the only difference between the X-plus and the Bianco is the taping panel text/graphics?

INTrePid said:
Interesting, I thought the plastic on the shell was somehow different from the bianco or classico. So the only difference between the X-plus and the Bianco is the taping panel text/graphics?

It certainly seems that way from when i have compared them over the years.

The Teddy use to have 10% more. Now they seem to be are like the Bianco or Classico. Someone needs to test it out to find out. If you look at the cost. Those 3 diapers are the same cost. Even on a sale price.

I have been using total drys Xplus. They are about the same as Bianco or Classico. But it has been a while since I use those three types. I could not get pass up The lower cost of Xplus.

Lestat said:
The Teddy use to have 10% more. Now they seem to be are like the Bianco or Classico. Someone needs to test it out to find out. If you look at the cost. Those 3 diapers are the same cost. Even on a sale price.

I'd still wager they were only +10% if ever on the short run of stretch-tape teddies.

It'd be difficult to test for an additional 10% capacity. One would have to assume they mean they added in 10% more SAP to the pulp, but that'd be such a small amount (by weight) that you'd really need to get a precision weight comparison between two bags of diapers. I've weighed diapers to compare them, and they're not terribly consistent from one diaper to the next, not enough to catch this, so it would absolutely require an averaging of a larger sample. A bag would have to be the minimum, a case would be better. (and finding a precision scale that goes up to that weight is tricky)

My best scale is intended to measure food, but only goes up to 20oz, and its precision is 0.05oz. A Rearz Safari is about 7.4oz, so I can measure two of those together to average their weight, but three overloads my scale. An individual Safari diaper might weight 7.3-7.5oz though, which is a typical consistency.

I can only guess as to what percentage of a diaper's weight is accounted for by sap, although high-sap diapers DO weigh more. Maybe sap accounts for 1/3 of the weight in a high sap diaper?

Running those numbers on say, a Safari... that'd be 2.5oz sap. So 10% of that would be 0.25oz. You can see where that's not a lot more than the average variance of "identical" diapers off the line.

Trying that with a medium sap diaper (like the teddy) would drop that difference down into the mud where individual diapers vary from one to the next.

So you'd definitely need to do some averaging with a good scale to verify this.

I bought a case of total dry overnights this past spring, totally different diaper than what it use to be. The plastic was / felt a little thinner, the diaper in all was much thinner, less fluff more sap. Performance wise, still the same, I kinda like them, especially when going out during the day, they def hold 3 good wettings as long as it isn’t a full fledged flood,, wick decently, the tapes are pretty strong also.

bambinod said:
I'd still wager they were only +10% if ever on the short run of stretch-tape teddies.

It'd be difficult to test for an additional 10% capacity. One would have to assume they mean they added in 10% more SAP to the pulp, but that'd be such a small amount (by weight) that you'd really need to get a precision weight comparison between two bags of diapers. I've weighed diapers to compare them, and they're not terribly consistent from one diaper to the next, not enough to catch this, so it would absolutely require an averaging of a larger sample. A bag would have to be the minimum, a case would be better. (and finding a precision scale that goes up to that weight is tricky)

My best scale is intended to measure food, but only goes up to 20oz, and its precision is 0.05oz. A Rearz Safari is about 7.4oz, so I can measure two of those together to average their weight, but three overloads my scale. An individual Safari diaper might weight 7.3-7.5oz though, which is a typical consistency.

I can only guess as to what percentage of a diaper's weight is accounted for by sap, although high-sap diapers DO weigh more. Maybe sap accounts for 1/3 of the weight in a high sap diaper?

Running those numbers on say, a Safari... that'd be 2.5oz sap. So 10% of that would be 0.25oz. You can see where that's not a lot more than the average variance of "identical" diapers off the line.

Trying that with a medium sap diaper (like the teddy) would drop that difference down into the mud where individual diapers vary from one to the next.

So you'd definitely need to do some averaging with a good scale to verify this.

Sounds like you need a better scale. Mine is similar to below, and the price is right.

“Accurate, elegant, easy-to-use digital kitchen scale for your largest and smallest cooking projects - weighs up to 11.24 lbs (5100 grams) with precise graduations of 0.05 oz (1 gram).”

https://www.amazon.com/Ozeri-ZK14-S...ocphy=9010961&hvtargid=pla-113282083020&psc=1

WBxx said:
Sounds like you need a better scale. Mine is similar to below, and the price is right.

“Accurate, elegant, easy-to-use digital kitchen scale for your largest and smallest cooking projects - weighs up to 11.24 lbs (5100 grams) with precise graduations of 0.05 oz (1 gram).”

https://www.amazon.com/Ozeri-ZK14-S...ocphy=9010961&hvtargid=pla-113282083020&psc=1

sorry I slipped a decimal. accurate to 0.005oz. It's a precision scale, so it has a lower ceiling.

I think this is it: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Skallo-0-0...Digital-Weight-Pocket-Scale-500g/151858908137

hmm I don't remember it being advertised as a jewelry scale. interesting. It can also measure in carats.... no not carrots ;)

At the time I bought it I was looking for a scale suitable to measure the specific gravity of coins, which is rather demanding. You need a scale with high precision, but you also need a fairly high max capacity due to the water you have to weigh with the coin. (the specific gravity of tungsten is very close to that of gold, and the better fakes use tungsten slugs)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back