Storage

Status
Not open for further replies.

qwertyqwerty

Contributor
Role
  1. Sissy
I want to purchase lots of diapers maybe 3 cases lol , where do people store them? In a closet? I don’t have enough space for all that

Then maybe it would be a wise decision not to buy so many diapers at a time? People have lots of storage methods, from old backpacks to dedicated closets or trunks, but if you don't have the space, only purchase as much as you can store.

Simple enough solution it appears :p
Like Schwanensee said, only buy what you can store! Just save the extra money you would have spent on the extra diapers for the next restock.

I’m afraid the supplier will run out of inventory, and not be able to re-stock.

I used to keep around 40 cases on hand , but recently my landlord started bitching so i have given alot away ,,i have been in places(as Paramedic) where cockroaches wouldnt live because it was such a disaster, and yet my landlord takes issues with a room full of cases of diapers ,doesn't make much sense .

If you dont have bona fide room for 3 cases dont get so many,if your trying to "clean up" because of a sale rent a storage locker or a garage.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

qwertyqwerty said:
I’m afraid the supplier will run out of inventory, and not be able to re-stock.

That is mostly an unfounded concern, depending on which company you are ordering from, some are wonderful and actually do become in stock and stay in stock for at least a day or two (my experience with ABUniverse, plus if I order Wednesday night or Thursday during the day I can receive the order by Friday or Saturday if the nearest location to me is in stock), others like Tykables are basically never in stock but once they get stock in they ship out in a first come first serve basis (earlier orders go first).

And so with Tykables it could be days, weeks, or even longer from order to actually getting your order delivered.

For storage space you could get some sort of storage containers (like the plastics ones at Walmart which you can get in solid colors so at least the diapers arent super obvious), or for more money there are lockable storage boxes; I have a "WorkBox" which is basically a storage box they sell for people with open bed trucks (As an Alternative to one of those attachable tops) so you can store and lock things in it and not get stuff stolen so easily.

It fits right around 2 or 3 cases of diapers, but it's not for everyone for several reasons (I could see people asking why you got it and what's in it if you live with other people) and takes up some space by itself.

Thanks . I’m in USA. I want to have lots of lots of diapers at my finger tips but that is every ABDLs dream. I think the lockbox is a good idea but yes does take up plenty of space.

- - - Updated - - -

Did the landlord know they were diapers? Lol

I would for certain be stocking up, wardrobe is the best place for unopened packs generally speaking.... if not enough wardrobe space can you get another free standing wardrobe (flat pack?) to store them in?

Old fashioned travellers trunks could also be a great option and you could put cushions on top of them to use as spare seating.

At first I just said medical supplies but with the labels on the boxes clearly visible It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure it out , before I got rid of them I documented everything and served the landlord papers for complaint I filed for discrimination/ harassment and economic damages. It's getting to the point were this property manager needs to go ,i have gotten 14 48 hour eviction notices this year with ludicrous claims , all furniture has to be two or more feet away from all winndows , that clean dry empty pots and pans on the stove sre fire hazzards ? The same things you cook your food in because they are heat safe, are fire hazzards ? I get bored and annoyed with defending stupidity the actual landlord is on vacation until Monday, so the property manager thinks they have some kind of default authority, i have lived here 12 years and have gotten every property manager fired and racked up over 100 million dollars in judgements to compel actions with the actual landlord ,so when he comes back from vacation the excrement is going to hit the oscillator, because the landlord understands the concept of don't provoke me , but has failed to get that message across to the property manager , her last job was selling newspaper subscriptions ,she may find herself doing it again soon.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Is it ok to keep an unopened pack of diapers for 1+ years ??

- - - Updated - - -

Will the tapes be ok?

qwertyqwerty said:

- - - Updated - - -

Will the tapes be ok?

It will be absolutely fine, no way anything can happen to them if they are in a sealed package

qwertyqwerty said:

Will the tapes be ok?

There has been some debate on this in the past. Some manufacturers put "use by" dates on their diaper bags. Some rubber products lose their flexibility and crack or dry out over time, such as the leak guard and leg elastic. Adhesives might either lose their stick or become difficult to peel off the back.

I'm personally more worried about the change I keep in the car getting messed up by heat.

I don't see "not in stock" would be a problem. Other companys will fill the demand. I only see it where people buy baby diaper boxes and then sell them 10 or 20 years like for 10 times the price. 🙄😂

I was thinking about the Tena slips and now you can’t get them

bambinod said:
There has been some debate on this in the past. Some manufacturers put "use by" dates on their diaper bags. Some rubber products lose their flexibility and crack or dry out over time, such as the leak guard and leg elastic. Adhesives might either lose their stick or become difficult to peel off the back.

I'm personally more worried about the change I keep in the car getting messed up by heat.

This is definitely a thing to watch out for, if they are kept in a cool dry environment I am certain most of them won’t degrade as fast as the use by date shows but some sticky tabs certainly loose the stick over time.

- - - Updated - - -

qwertyqwerty said:
I was thinking about the Tena slips and now you can’t get them

That’s a bummer but on the plus side it does give you good reason to investigate other diapees.

I keep mine in a stack of Sterilites in my bedroom:

Capture.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back