Will anestesia reveal my “little” side

Status
Not open for further replies.

DutchDLRotterdam

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
hi everyone,

I have a question that is on my mind recently.

Next week I’ll have an operation to get some teeth extracted and I’m worried about the process.

The dentist told me that anestasia might temporarely make other parts of the body feel numb. I plan to wear a diaper in case I can’t control my bladder (which happens sometimes anyway) I’m not so much worried about that side. No one will notice this under my pants.

But I’m very worried about the aftermath. I’ve seen many youtube videos where kids get their wisdom teeth extracted and they end up acting loopy and revealing the strangest things. The dentist told me that people act differently but most often crying or over exited and he told my friend, that will be with me to drive me home, that waking up is the part where he “can ask all the questions, deep secrets might come out”. He meant it funny but now my friend keeps joking that he will record everything. Now I’m affraid.

Who has gone through anestasia before and were you able to keep your secrets to yourself?

If this is a worry, ask about local anesthesia. Then no loose lips. But then you are totally aware (but not in pain) of what is going on. But medical staff will not pay the least attention to what you say when you are under or waking up. So you may want to stay with them as long as possible. So check out the choices.

The thing is, you'll say really stupid things. Like, impossible stuff. It's more like "LOL! You totally thought you were riding on a dragon and chasing a knight for an ice cream cone!" kind of stuff than 'deep dark secret' stuff.

I've been under before and just said stupid things like "Where are the dogs? There were dogs. DOGS MAN. ARF! MANDOGS. DOGS WHO WERE MEN!"

No one will ever take it seriously because you were looped up out of your mind, see?

I don't think Dentists use Sodium Pentothal or Truth Serum... In all seriousness though, you'll be fine :)

I have often worried about this very thing if I were to ever go under anesthetic or receive a relaxant, but from what I know, anesthetic usually puts you under, so there's no risk of you revealing anything if you're out like a light. If it's a more localized anesthetic or a relaxant, then you may be present and aware during your procedure, but people aren't very lucid when they're under those effects. If you do feel a little loopy and say some things, I doubt anyone is going to take it seriously. I've seen those dentist videos and half the time the people coming out of anesthesia don't make a lick of proper sense, it's thoroughly nonsensical or incoherent.

My advice, maybe do some personal research on the effects of anesthetic and anesthesia to ease your mind and then go into your procedure with your head held high. If you are worried about lending credence to a possible slip of the tongue, maybe you should avoid wearing the diapers, but that's entirely up to you. In any event, you likely won't say anything at all and even if you do, no one will pay it any mind, they'll chalk it up to the effects of the drug.

Our son just had his wisdom teeth removed last week. He was under and when he came to his mouth was so full of gauze no one could understand him. Don't worry.

I've never said much while under, as far as I know. I think they use different stuff to knock you out than what they used to use.

When I had back surgery, I was on a morphine pump for 4 days. It was awesome! My wife said, I was hallucinating about spiders crawling on the walls and going mattress shopping. Just a bunch of silly stuff.

I worried the same thing when coming out of surgery. But instead of being loopy I was just quiet and very much out of it. Didn't talk much at all.

So it affects everyone differently. But if something does slip out and you're worried, I'd just pretend to act surprised and laugh like you can't believe you'd say such wild things while off your rocker

Ask the doctor to just give you straight anesthesia, NOT Versed. Versed makes you loopy and also acts as amnesiac so you won't remember what you did. Because of this, it can also allow doctors to cover up mistakes or inappropriate behavior. Anesthesia by itself will mostly just put you to sleep and you'll wake up groggy but in your right mind.

Now here is the flip side. Recently my wife had to have a procedure where she was put under general anesthesia. I had to be there for the recovery and to take her home. I was actually worried that when she came out that she might say or do something silly like ask me, "do i need my diaper changed?" or try and do a diaper check! I was sure to keep her on the scent of other game!

i have been under a number of times, and so far i havent spilled any beans. by the way scaramouch is right. after getting your wisdom teeth out you wont be able to be understood for a while. by then your filters willbe back up.

I think the "talking under anesthesia" is largely a myth and even if not, it dates back to older anesthetics. The last few times I've had generals, they used propofol and frankly you go down and come out pretty damned quick.

Had a good talk with my friend and he promised not to videotape or make fun of me *relief*

DutchDLRotterdam said:
Had a good talk with my friend and he promised not to videotape or make fun of me *relief*

of course, if your friend doesnt know about your diapers etc, he might be very curios as to what you are worried might come out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back