Dc amor 2018 update

Status
Not open for further replies.

xpluswearer

Moderated
Role
  1. Incontinent
It Appears that pre orders will be taken at the end of July according to Diaperconn.com for the DC AMOR 2018 Version. last updates on 6-10-2018.

And the Large size Amor is in rare supply & Mediums are all but gone . Smalls are in mass quantity.

I am at the point of needing to replenish my supplies I am almost at the red line of 4 cases on hand so its good timing to be able to get a order in soon. Thats the hand in hand cases mind you I get half Amor & Idyl's.

I get it that it’s hard for things to go exactly to plan and delays happen but DC was hinting at some new technology making the 2018 release worth waiting for, it’s already July and I am sorta losing interest with their sound of silence.

I would have thought we would have had at least a graphic of a new look and a hint of the new features.

/sigh the more you look forward to something like this (and I really want pink diapees) the more peaks and troughs on the emotional rollercoaster!

Argent said:
I get it that it’s hard for things to go exactly to plan and delays happen but DC was hinting at some new technology making the 2018 release worth waiting for, it’s already July and I am sorta losing interest with their sound of silence.

I would have thought we would have had at least a graphic of a new look and a hint of the new features.

/sigh the more you look forward to something like this (and I really want pink diapees) the more peaks and troughs on the emotional rollercoaster!

Knowing that Jeremy is a ADISC Member I am sure he would want to get things to us as quick as possible. Dealing with updated product can tend to lead to glitches along the way. I am sure Jeremy will do his best to get them in his hands so he can ship out. Without product he does not make money. Today's population wants it and wants it now sadly reality does smack some people very quickly saying things happen. Trust me I want them too FYI...

xpluswearer said:
Knowing that Jeremy is a ADISC Member I am sure he would want to get things to us as quick as possible. Dealing with updated product can tend to lead to glitches along the way. I am sure Jeremy will do his best to get them in his hands so he can ship out. Without product he does not make money. Today's population wants it and wants it now sadly reality does smack some people very quickly saying things happen. Trust me I want them too FYI...

Oh yep, I have no doubt any frustration I feel about the delays would be 100 fold for Jeremy.

I certainly understand production and shipping delays.

Maybe a month or more ago I posted a thread here all excited for the 2018 release expecting an update on what the new technology would be and hopeful for an imminent update on a potential new look but all we have so far is push out another month with no hints on what the 2018 release will encompass.

So on reflection from another post I feel a tad guilty about my posts and I think I have done it before posting negatively and shutting down a thread.

Of course DC can push back release as much as they need to, I get it they don’t owe anything to the community having already provided several runs of diapees and managed to become lots of peeps favourite.

I hope for the best for these and look forward to trying them myself.

They're basically identical to bambino's regular line, with a different print and a lower cost. I like them. Neither uses adhesives that can withstand exposure to lotion though, which can be annoying. I decided to get some of the 2018 Idyl to try, we'll see how those go. My case from DC should arrive at the depot on Monday. Order earlier, wait less ;)

bambinod said:
They're basically identical to bambino's regular line, with a different print and a lower cost. I like them. Neither uses adhesives that can withstand exposure to lotion though, which can be annoying. I decided to get some of the 2018 Idyl to try, we'll see how those go. My case from DC should arrive at the depot on Monday. Order earlier, wait less ;)
To me the newer colors are too weak may have well put a grain of color in a swimming pool and expect the whole pool to turn chlorine blue color! When I order the Idyl I get the older version If I could I would get the first production of the Amor's if they are still around. If I wanted a white Diaper I would have ordered the Dry 24-7's or got the Attends waistband style fitted briefs and suffer through the perfumey smell! Only issue with the first color runs of the Amor & Idyl the color dye they used is or was a powder due to the color leaching into your underwear or non black or blue pants you would wear. Ruined a pair of kaki pants because of it. thank heaven for chlorine clorox bleach for my diaper cover underwear WHEW!.

xpluswearer said:
To me the newer colors are too weak may have well put a grain of color in a swimming pool and expect the whole pool to turn chlorine blue color! When I order the Idyl I get the older version If I could I would get the first production of the Amor's if they are still around. If I wanted a white Diaper I would have ordered the Dry 24-7's or got the Attends waistband style fitted briefs and suffer through the perfumey smell! Only issue with the first color runs of the Amor & Idyl the color dye they used is or was a powder due to the color leaching into your underwear or non black or blue pants you would wear. Ruined a pair of kaki pants because of it. thank heaven for chlorine clorox bleach for my diaper cover underwear WHEW!.

I know some here have experienced color transfer problems with some diapers, and I even see warnings on some web pages now about that (ABU and Rearz iirc) but I've never experienced that myself fortunately.

As for the color saturation, the original Idyl were "electric blue" like they'd been dumped in a vat of blue dye. I'm happy to see them soften it up a bit. I like vibrant colors (like on the Little Rascals!) but not on the entire background of the shell, that's just too much. I should see my rev2 idyl arrive sometime next week, here's hoping they're nice.

bambinod said:
I know some here have experienced color transfer problems with some diapers, and I even see warnings on some web pages now about that (ABU and Rearz iirc) but I've never experienced that myself fortunately.

As for the color saturation, the original Idyl were "electric blue" like they'd been dumped in a vat of blue dye. I'm happy to see them soften it up a bit. I like vibrant colors (like on the Little Rascals!) but not on the entire background of the shell, that's just too much. I should see my rev2 idyl arrive sometime next week, here's hoping they're nice.

Did you get them yet?

pampers4U said:
Did you get them yet?

Yes I did, and I do like them! The shell looks a bit different than some of the pictures I've seen online and even on their store. It's a pastel blue, with a very similar tone to the pink version - they're very complementary. It's no longer 'electric blue", and the tape panel art is much more visible now. (it's unchanged) The leak guards are also blue now. The last few batches of their Pink had tapes that didn't stick very well, but the tapes on the Idyl I just got are sticking really well.

The blurb said they had also increased their thickness and capacity. I don't know if they're thicker or not, maybe a little. But they do seem to have an increase in capacity.

Everything else remains basically unchanged. So I give them pretty high marks. If you liked the amore diapers before but were turned off by the obnoxious shell color, you'll probably really like these.

They also said they're going to be releasing a 2018 pink soon. I assume that means thicker padding and higher capacity, though I don't know what they will be doing with the leak guards. Pink maybe? Wouldn't that be different and appropriate!

Also a little OT... this "blue leak guards" seems to be popping up here and there. The new Rearz Inspire Select also have blue leak guards. I suppose having them be a different color than the inside liner is probably a good thing, make the feature more obvious. And I often have to "peel up" the leak guards in diapers before putting on my diaper because they've kind of gotten stuck down, so that makes them easier to spot for when they "need a lift."

Sitting here now in a fresh diaper which is the older version of the Idyl had on a Amor overnight and no issues. Man I could not get another ounce into the Amor if I tried Guess that is what I get for falling asleep on the couch right after watching the late local news and waking up at 8 AM with a kinked neck and half of my body asleep UGH! So another successful night with no leaks as usual and awaiting the afternoon mid 80 degree weather with low humidity today Whew! Guess there is a part of the couch that hits the nerves in a way to do this to me. Have not fallen asleep on the couch in months now guess I found that "sweet spot" huh?

Not good to have a kinked neck or any part of your body “asleep” but at least you did it in style!

2/3rds of the way through July, I hope DC updates soon.

It looks like the 2018 Amor diapers will not come out at the end of this month, even though it was supposed to be finished last month and pre-orders were supposed to be opened around that time.

My guess would be manufacturing delays. Being in Shipping I have seen lots of people going to make it big from containers worth of high quality cheap stuff from China “made exactly to specification and on time” loose their shirt from Chinese factories not only not delivering but stringing people along with lies about the timing.

I bring this up as at one point DC mentioned a delay due to new technology being available to make these worth waiting for but I haven’t seen anything since on what this is supposed to be, not even a description.

I wish DC well.

FYI, DC says they've completed the production of sizes M & L, and to expect updates this week with photos of the new design!

Wow it’s a really long tease!

Super keen to see what they manage to create.

I thought it said two weeks until its finished production:

Latest update (9/11/18): Hello, all :) We have now completed the new batch Amor diapers in large size and are going to wrap up the mediums by the end of the week. Next week expect to hear more details and finally see some photography posted! Thank you for your continued patience during these unusual delays! (www.diaperconn.com)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back