List of products to get for Incontinence issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomcat

Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
I have a ton of $$ to spend (about $2000) from now til Dec.

I was wondering what else to get other than disposable "underwear" but not washable underwear as no privacy as shared common area and laundry and dont want to advertise
I was considering something additional to mattress protector as sweat is staining the mattress. as well as more mattress protectors
Some water proof underwear as have dribbling after getting out of water and sometime esp when just getting off the fishing boat nowhere to get changed so usually wear my normal swimmers in a towel in car (praying to god I dont leak)

Never really had an opportunity as first time with government funding

Hope this makes sense

My incontinene items include large pads for daytime use, nappies or slips for night time use, plastic pants, a mattress protector and a washable bed pad plus lots of inco pants and sudocreme.

I will add to that Pro Shield spray - it’s a medical spray that’s for cleaning bits affected by Incontinence and also acts as a barrier shield - I get min from NHS but I think you can get it from chemists

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ST50 said:
My incontinene items include large pads for daytime use, nappies or slips for night time use, plastic pants, a mattress protector and a washable bed pad plus lots of inco pants and sudocreme.

ST50, I was wondering why you are using pads instead of nappies/slips during the day? I tried pad and I didn’t find them partial. Would love to hear your experience.

For me personally while I prefer proper taped diapers - the NHS here rarely supply them so unless I want to still buy my own then I have to put up with pads provided free

I hate pads. Hate them so much.

Wait until one twists around and gets stuck to your unmentionable places. :p

I'm gonna second the bed pad, or a few of them if you might leak. Then you would have a clean fresh one to put on the bed while the other is being cleaned. I use washable cloth ones since they're more durable than the disposable ones. I hate the way the disposable ones sound and feel, but that's a personal choice. Also make certain you get some kind of barrier cream. Using it whenever you change and clean up will help prevent rashes. If you like you can also get powder to help stop chafing and absorb sweat.

OH. And some kind of lidded trash can to store the used diapers in. That's a must-have for me. Because they kind of smell after a while without a lid and if you have pets they'll be attracted to the diapers. (My dog has shredded up I don't even know how many. Strewn through the house like someone exploded a cotton ball. Uuuugh. >_< I have to keep the trash can inside the large bathtub so he can't reach it in any way.)

The can doesn't have to be a specific 'diaper pail' and you don't really have to use scented bag in it. (I honestly think that they end up smelling like somebody peed out lavender/vanilla/cotton breeze. XD) They do make air fresheners that stick to the lid if that's something you might like though. I basically just try to keep it cleared out as much as possible.

The pail will also go for if you decide to get cloth. You need something to store them in until washing day. :3

Reading about your dog reminds me of an amusing story ( well I laugh now anyway ) one day I forgot to put my diaper into the bin fully - my mum came round for dinner and in the middle of it my darling dog proudly came marching into the dining room with my diaper in his mouth - he had pulled it back out the bin - talk about outed by your dog I was so embarrassed when it happened

You could get a sweet deal on onesies at Babykins, they consider 15 or more of any product a bulk order ,so its made custom to your measurements & specifications ,it doesnt matter what colors you choose ,i usually order 5 of every color she has available , the polo shirts are awesome for business casual ,and the discounts on bulk orders is hefty usually between $5-$15 per item, with free shipping and it sails through customs as Medical clothing. In over 300+ onesies only one was not from there ,i wasn't happy with from another company .

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back