Status
Not open for further replies.

BabyJ316

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
  3. Incontinent
There are a number of stuffers that increase absorbency but can anyone recommend any that might promote better wicking? I'm wheelchair bound and in a sitting position most of the day and only really get the benefit of about half of the diaper - the back often being bone dry. Any advice or recommendations? Thanks in advance :biggrin:

NorthShore Supreme and Crinklz diapers wick extremely well. Even when sitting. As for as a pad I use NorthShore booster pads and they work pretty well. Hope that helps

Use cloth diaper boosters. They are superior in spreading wetness to the whole diaper. I use these on a dayli basis and my diaper is soaked all the way to the top of the back

NotTheAverageMan said:
Use cloth diaper boosters. They are superior in spreading wetness to the whole diaper. I use these on a dayli basis and my diaper is soaked all the way to the top of the back

That's a brilliant idea, I haven't heard before!

Bambino diapers sells really strong inserts booster pads. They have really long ones.

Sent from my UL40 using Tapatalk

Ehorton said:
NorthShore Supreme and Crinklz diapers wick extremely well. Even when sitting. As for as a pad I use NorthShore booster pads and they work pretty well. Hope that helps
I concur I wear double boosted Northshore to my doctor appointments , my last appointment i missed the 3:40 PM bus home and had to wait for the 8:40 AM ,Spent like 27 hours in the same diaper ,i wore Abena till there quality got wonky ,but since as a hobby to take the boredom out of diapers I wear every diaper I can get my hands on for an entire day ,that lets me really have an informed opinion about the diaper ,the Northshore is fantastic at everything i need it to do .
I use power chair with Roho Quattro high profile with an IC cushion cover , it provides pressure relief ,agressive positioning with dynamic contour (the individual cells are tapered heights so that it positions without crowding my junk etc..
As for the diaper and boosters make sure you fold them length wise , it activates the diaper as well as puts a channel right down the center ( fast track for urine to travel to the rear and get wicked up )the rear is the most absorbent part of any diaper ,use your TREA to do weight transfers that will also increase wicking because when you transfer your weight to the back let's say it uncompresse' s the diaper possibly being blocked by your weight,so routinely shifting your weight helps ,it's such a big issue that permobile has an app to remind clients how to use and when to use,To stay healthy.
Always make sure you point up when sitting ,aim center mass when lying down, and if you don't mind saying what diaper are you using ? I wear cloth at home primarily going out locally I wear Tranquility ATN ,It's easier to carry a diaper bag and throw out wet & messy disposable wrather then carrying a wet and dry bag everywhere to schlep home and wash ,at home it's easy to just throw them in diaper pail and every other day my aide does laundry ,i generaly change 5 times a day the last time is a triple boosted super heavyweight nite diaper I would rather wake up with extra capacity than not have enough when its needed.

But honestly give Northshore a call and ask for a sample diaper and liner , i think you will be pleasantly surprized at the quality, confidence,containment & wicking .

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Someone else said this already, but the best option would be some type of cloth insert. I will also say that Northshore boosters wick pretty well.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back