mike2018

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Little
Hi! I'm relatively new to the community and I've got a few questions I was hoping people could help me with. It seemed easier putting them in one thread rather than spam the forum with multiple threads.

I see myself as both ab and dl. I'm not always in the mood for the ab side, but when I am I can't seem to stay in that frame of mind for long as I get distracted by other things or reality doesn't live up to expectations. What to do you lot do to stay in that mind frame or what type of activities do you do when you're in you AB mood?

I hope this isn't a stupid question but whats the difference between AB and a little?

Finally. I am trying to find out more about and communicate with the community, especially in the UK. I tried messaging a UK group but it seems like that is inactive. Is there a large number of UK ab,dl,etc on this website?

Thanks
Mike2018 :smile:

I'm not entirely clear on the 'little' vs 'AB', but I'm thinking it's the age of regression?

A 'little' is more of a toddler+ age and an AB is an infant?

But I could be completely wrong. LOL

If your definition of AB is narrow in that it only applies to baby ages, then little is a broader term. I tend to think of AB as almost anything that involves age regression play or thoughts or interest in childish thing or status. For me, there doesn't seem to be any difference between ABs and littles but I call people what they wish to be called.

I'm more driven by baby status than regression, so it's not usually that hard to get some kind of closure. If it's not working for me, I move along and try again another time.

Maaaan I remember back when I started researching online and joining forums in 2008. There was only the terms AB and DLs. "Littles", "Daddy Dom" and "Bigs" and all those terms started to appear slowly. I clearly don't get them either.

Don't get hung up on the label! Call yourself what you feel comfortable!

Do what makes you happy! If you like to to toddle around in diapers and play baby games and do baby stuff, it's cool. If you just feel like sometimes doing grown up stuff with a diaper on, cool too!

I also think that one can be deceived by what they may read on site like this. Yes, members will say they are regressing significantly, that they've had a great "baby" experience, etc., but who knows. I think everyone's experience is unique to them, and the intensity is likely to be different from one day to the next.

I really don't give it much thought. When I feel like I really want to be diapered, I do if time and work permits. What happens is unique to each day. Sometimes it's a low key experience and some days it's more intense. For me, if the experience is more sexually stimulating, I'm actually more likely to regress as the two are intertwined for me. But they're not for everyone. Some members on this site say that they really like to separate the two, enjoying the more innocent baby experience, removed from any sexual experience.

So my advise is to not worry about the experience or have preconceived expectations. Concentrate on enjoying being in diapers, using them, whatever, and let whatever happens, happen.

Hi, thanks for the replies and advice! It is much appreciated! :)

For me, the difference between AB and little is the age people feel to be and the kind of "tools" they need. I feel like ABs are more into sippy cups, bottles, pacis, baby toys etc. while littles are more into bigger kids stuff like kids toys (dolls, cars etc.), kids clothes and so on. Of course you can identify as any of those and like stuff from both groups. Both of these are just labels, trying to organize this confusing, but enjoyable world. :)
As to what helps me stay in the little space - to be honest, I don't know. Sometimes the need to be little is so strong I wish to stay there for hours, other times it just comes for a little while in a form of a thought, and in an instant it goes away. When I do feel little (and am in a safe environment), I do whatever I feel like doing (if I can do so of course) - swadling myself in a blanket, cuddling my stuffie, sometimes all I need is just a specific way of sitting or standing - I really don't know how to explain that, just a way I feel like a little kid would sit or stand. What do you feel like doing when you are in that head space?
I hope you enjoy your time on this website, it sure helped me to get to some awesome information that helped me understand myself better.

Leilana said:
For me, the difference between AB and little is the age people feel to be and the kind of "tools" they need. I feel like ABs are more into sippy cups, bottles, pacis, baby toys etc. while littles are more into bigger kids stuff like kids toys (dolls, cars etc.), kids clothes and so on. Of course you can identify as any of those and like stuff from both groups. Both of these are just labels, trying to organize this confusing, but enjoyable world. :)
As to what helps me stay in the little space - to be honest, I don't know. Sometimes the need to be little is so strong I wish to stay there for hours, other times it just comes for a little while in a form of a thought, and in an instant it goes away. When I do feel little (and am in a safe environment), I do whatever I feel like doing (if I can do so of course) - swadling myself in a blanket, cuddling my stuffie, sometimes all I need is just a specific way of sitting or standing - I really don't know how to explain that, just a way I feel like a little kid would sit or stand. What do you feel like doing when you are in that head space?
I hope you enjoy your time on this website, it sure helped me to get to some awesome information that helped me understand myself better.

Hi, thanks for the reply :).
When I'm in that head space I tend to watch tv shows like paw patrol and the lion guard or something for older kids like the amazing world of gumball (I could probably watch that show when I'm not in that head space as I love the jokes in it!), play with lego and do colouring books. But I only seem to stay in that head space as long as the shows or on, get distracted by something else or get bored. But taking Dogboy's advice I'm just going to go with the flow.
Thanks again for the reply it's much appreciated :).

For me, I think AB as being regressing into an infant mind frame. Then I think of a little as regressing into a toddler mind frame.

From what I've gathered, ''little'' seemed to originate more from the BDSM community, such as with daddy dom/little girl dynamics. Today, however, it's apparently applied more broadly (on this forum anyway) and is more of a choice of how people decide to label themselves. I can see it as being useful for people who like kid stuff but maybe not all the baby stuff (for instance, likes cartoons and plushies but not diapers and bottles), but for myself I'm comfortable with the ''adult baby'' label.

I use the terms AB and little interchangeably sort of. I'll say I'm an AB, but talk about letting my little out or feeling little. I just let myself slide in and out of little space without worrying about it. Whenever I'm cuddling with my girl friend, if she has her head on my shoulder I'm in adult mode, but if my head is on her shoulder I'm almost immediately in little mode. I haven't told her about my AB/little side yet, we have only been together about 4 months.

As most have said, AB usually refers to those who regress to an infant like state whereas a Little is someone who regresses to an age/state that's slightly older, like a toddler or small child. Curiously enough, while the age and certain behaviours might differ, both ABs and Littles have been known to wear diapers, so I always feel the line between AB and Little can be occasionally blurred.

I'm comfortable with the AB designation as well, it fits my regressed age and the set of behaviours and activities that I like to engage in when in that mode.

Truth be told though, I use AB and Little pretty interchangeably. While they have their slight differences both are predicated upon regression and often times diapers.

I'm a little, usually based in London but I am currently travelling, I don't see myself as an AB at all because I see that as more babyish and stigmatized so I don't like being called it (I think it is a bit like calling a toddler a baby, they will tell you they aren't a baby), I don't wear diapers and I dress in littlespace as my little age (3) so I see myself as a little because I am a toddler not baby. You are better off being on Fetlife for UK littles, there are a few on here though and there are some great events in Birmingham like Pick & Mix and Little Big Land :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back