Adult Sized Seat in a Shopping Cart

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scamander14

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Little
So, I take cans back to return them for 10 cents each. I notice this shopping cart that is big enough for adults. Has anyone else seen something like this?

Would need a picture to be sure what you are talking about. But a standard shopping with an adult in the child seat would be a BAD idea. It would be so heavy at the push handle end it would easily tip over.

Yes, they have them out in my area. They were developed by a mother with a special needs child. It’s called Caroline’s cart.

Sorry but I just can visualize it.

carolines-cart.jpg Target has them. Thanx to duckduckgo search engine, my motto (one of them)is Because F... Google, that's why!

That looks like it might be possible but I still suspect it is risky.

That’s exactly what I saw! I thought that it would for a child with special needs.

tdlrfootedpjs said:
Yes, they have them out in my area. They were developed by a mother with a special needs child. It’s called Caroline’s cart.

woodenpotty said:
That looks like it might be possible but I still suspect it is risky.

It's not risky in the sense that it would be dangerous to use. It's specifically designed for people with special needs, who sometimes move erratically. The seat being centralized to the cart actually leaves it being pretty stable. They're seated low in the cart, at the level of the bottom of the basket which also adds to the stability.

Basically picture sitting INSIDE the grocery cart. It's very much built to handle a lot of weight. The only real downside to them is that you don't have a lot of space in the cart itself anymore, about half of the space because of the seat. But if you really needed to make a bread-and-milk run and had to take along your special needs child, it would be awesome.

It's actually more like a rear-facing wheelchair than anything. XD (I've worked with moving wheelchairs of all shapes and sizes and the newer ones are heckin' stable even if they don't look like it!)

Scamander14 said:
So, I take cans back to return them for 10 cents each. I notice this shopping cart that is big enough for adults. Has anyone else seen something like this?

Yes they are for special needs children. On of my local stores have them.

They can fit adults too actually my father is handicapped and has limited walking capabilities and my mom uses this cart when she has to take him shopping if available

I see them at supermarkets here in the UK. Always wanted to try one when with friends, but it just doesn't feel right. They are made for people with disabilities. If I used one I would feel like I am mocking the disabled or something. People would also stare at me, which I would hate, thus ruining the experience. They are a really cool idea for bigger kids and adults who can't walk or have severe disabilities. Great invention, just not something I would take advantage of.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back