Most authentic nappies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marting

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Hi guys. Maybe a bit of a difficult question, but what would you say are the most authentically babyish nappies out there? I mean the ones most like those a baby would actually wear now or in the past. Texture, look, feel..that sort of thing. Thanks :)

I really enjoy the abu kiddos, they are a 2 tape diaper with has the front and back elastics and can take some good abuse, when the diaper swells up it sags great (leak guards hold well to your body) it has a nice plastic shell that crinkles and you do get a waddle walk. I really enjoy these, I also enjoy the tykables waddlers, they are a 4 tape diaper but the shell art reminds me of pampers cruisers and they hug your body really well.

Well part of that depends on whether you want TODAY's baby nappies or the nappies you remember babies wearing of your youth.

Cloth diapers can replicate the baby experience 100% if that's what you're into. ABU's SDKs sport a copy of a baby diaper taping panel and single tapes. Cushies are a design that was used for babies but not in the US (as far as I know).

Both really. Most like modern ones, but also from the past :)

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks Trevor. I have an all in one cloth nappy which i really like. I think it's quite authentic? Unfortunately i don't get to wear it much (no where to dry it away from prying eyes).

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you :)

Another vote for Kiddos by ABU followed by ABU SDKs/Cushies/Lavender. They are yesteryear diapees though.

I have been saying it for a long time but I am sure a recreation of a modern baby diaper complete with cloth like backing, hook and loop tabs and that works has to be coming.

Argent said:
Another vote for Kiddos by ABU followed by ABU SDKs/Cushies/Lavender. They are yesteryear diapees though.

I have been saying it for a long time but I am sure a recreation of a modern baby diaper complete with cloth like backing, hook and loop tabs and that works has to be coming.

I hope your right, who ever figures this out 1st will have a def winner, bambino came close, but there stretch tapes are to wide for my liking.

pampers4U said:
I hope your right, who ever figures this out 1st will have a def winner, bambino came close, but there stretch tapes are to wide for my liking.

I thought the same thing that they came really close, for the life of me I can’t understand why they didn’t roll out the UltraStretch and Magnificos with a cloth like backing.

What about Crinklz?

- - - Updated - - -

Are they quite authentic?

I'm one of those strange ones that actually WANTS a cloth backed diaper that looks like a modern baby diaper. ;D Hook and Loop fasteners and all so I can take them loose if I need to. (I only pee in padding, no poo.)

But that's probably because I was never attached to the Pampers of the 90's. But on that score, the SDK's are the ones that come the closest to looking like an old 90's diaper because they use the same artwork. Which I think is pretty awesome. :3

The artwork on the Safari's is really cute and reminds me of the tape panels for the early 2000's Pampers with the cute animals on them. Also why I think I like Crinklz so much. :3 (Or maybe I just like fluffy animal cloud-pants? Who knows!)

Are the SDKs the same texture as the vintage Pampers too?

- - - Updated - - -

I'd also love a modern style ABDL nappy. Surely there is a market for it?

Wouldn't be able to tell you about the texture. I've never felt either one of them! XD

Confidry 24/7's are the closest there is to an old-school Pampers before taping panels were added. Proportionally, they have about the same thickness and plastic backing that P&G used on their Pampers up until around 1981. The texture of the plastic backing and the lining are similar between the two as well. Nearly all diapers back then were totally white, with no graphics or branding on the product.

- - - Updated - - -

Marting said:
Are the SDKs the same texture as the vintage Pampers too?

The plastic backing and textures on the SDK's are slightly different from the vintage Pampers. The product is unique to ABUniverse, with the single-tape system designed for day to day use for those with a special build, who can benefit from them the most. A two-tape system won't work well for everybody, so I must commend ABUniverse for coming out with an all-white product like the SDK, with a taping panel that won't lie in my face like other brands will. I also give credit to Bambino with their Bellissimo, which is also a nice white diaper that is totally honest, and accommodating. The Bellisimo is actually pretty close to a 1987-vintage Pampers Ultra Plus. That's both in texture and thickness!

I like the little monsters, the characters are really appropriate for toddler-wear, being happy and soft-drawn and pastel, but the perfume on them is pretty strong and the tapes are too close together to get a good fit.

ABU's SDK/Preschool/Cushies are good choices, and the SDK/Cushies have single large tapes. All are available in plastic and clothlike shells.

The best though was Rearz' single run of Vintage, they were four tape but the pattern on the front was from an actual run of Pampers from years ago. You can't really find them anymore though, it'd be nice to see them make another run.

attachment.php

bambinod said:
ABU's SDK/Preschool/Cushies are good choices, and the SDK/Cushies have single large tapes. All are available in plastic and clothlike shells.
You're wrong. Only PreSchool are available in clothlike.

luvsboy10 said:
You're wrong. Only PreSchool are available in clothlike.

hmmm I know cushies were available in clothlike for awhile. maybe not anymore?

bambinod said:

I might be wrong but I don’t think current ABU made a v2 of the cloth backed Cushies, from memory they were only made in the old days of ABU under the previous owner.

From my perspective Cushies could easily be replaced with a cloth like backed product and I would be tempted to buy them in their own right (rather than just if they are the only 2 tape left at ABU.)

bambinod said:

Not anymore. They definitively dropped them when they produced the v2s of Cushies and SDKs. I do not believe there was ever a clothlike covered SDK.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back