Most important aspects in regards to Video Games?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BabyTyrant

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
We all like different games for different reasons, I would like to know what kind of things are most important to you in a video game?

For me I would put it like below

1. It has to be enjoyable, a lot of things for me contribute to that enjoyment; I would say for me it's a mixture of Gameplay, the story of the game, graphics and how long the game will last.

2. Gameplay, I want it to play good with few to no glitches and I'm not a fan of really hard games; this being said though I feel like a lot of games have some challenges which are frustratingly difficult, some of which you cant avoid as they are part of the main game

3. I feel like a compelling story adds a lot to a game, but the story aspect can play back seat to gameplay if it's a game you really get into, for me Destiny is like that, there was a story to the game, but the Gameplay was a bigger part (leveling up, light level, redoing certain bosses at times, the multi-player modes).

4. Graphics; nothing wrong with retro games; but amazing, life like graphics add to the overall experience for me.

And lastly, I like games that last a long time in Story or Campaign mode, games with a 2 hour story mode and then an online mode (CoD and most fighting games) don't interest me very much.

It's a hard question for me, I enjoy the typical multiplayer game as long as lag is kept to a minimum and they have a fun way to progress without being required to buy event passes as money is pretty tight for me as a student. Loot boxes also really turn me off when it comes to games you must pay for like pubg as it seems like a cash grab. Sometimes I even find myself enjoying some old games again because it reminded me of the days where companies were required to make a quality game that was sold by making the game fun, engaging, and having a good storyline too. After release, there was no fixing games with patches, now companies can release a broken game and just fix it later with a patch.

Simply put, what's most important to me is a fun, unique game that finds a way to be fun and not so repetitive and boring no man's sky being a great example of a boring and repetitive game and the witcher 3 being a great example of a unique game with lots of content and things to do. Not to mention a fun and challenging campaign.

For my money, I want a game that has a compelling story that will draw me in and pull me away from the real world. These games typically have characters that are well developed and fun to play as/interact with. The Final Fantasy games are examples of this. (X,VIII,Type-0,XIII are my favorites)

I also like games that have a good soundtrack that helps set the mood for what is going on.

You can all tell. I like space sim type games. Elite 1984 to Elite Dangerous 2013 34 years of space sims. The game more on Roleplaying and now that you can play online it a hybrid MMO single player. It depends on you. So you can make your own story or follow missions. Like I went to Sagittarius A. It took a few months. But I was able to see the centre of the Milkyway.

Star Citizen or Squadron 42 brings me back to old Wing Commander 1,2,3. They had more of a storyline.

I'm not interested in modern video games. There's too much focus on super-realistic graphics, and 3D worlds that are hard to navigate with the usual input devices. And way too much focus on ultra-realistic guns and mass-shootings. It's all a bit disturbingly psychotic!

For me, what makes a good game is something that you can quickly "get in to" without having to learn about all sorts of in-game concepts. Some of the more complex games are good at easing you in gently and teaching you new stuff as you go along, which is fine. It also has to be easy to control, without committing a million different multiple-keypresses to memory.

The kind of games I've enjoyed in the past are arcade classics, like Pac-Man and Donkey Kong, strategy games like Sim City, and Civilization, and puzzle/platform games like Krusty's Funhouse, Lemmings, etc.

The only game I play today is Trackmania United Forever -- literally the best arcade-style driving game ever! The controls are up/down/left/right -- just drive! Simple, yet addictive. And there must be millions of tracks to drive, and people to race online!

I'd love a new skill/puzzle/strategy type game I could play with my friends on a single PC (with both of us discussing tactics to beat the computer), or a more "real-time" game we could play together for five minutes.

Story and Gameplay are the biggest ones for me and graphics have to be reasonable.

Would love to play TES:Morrowwind as I've heard it's the best game, but I just can't get passed how awful it now looks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back