• Note: ADISC does NOT allow personal ads. This includes "looking for ____" or "anyone in ____" type introduction posts. To write a good introduction, focus on explaining who you are, NOT what you are looking for. The goal should be to help other people get to know you a bit.

G'day from Australia, it's the first time I have ever told anyone about this part of me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AussieLu94

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
I am happy, fun loving and a self-proclaimed comedian. I am a very creative person and, for the most part, I would like to say that a large percentage of what I do is because I am a very creative person. I love to have a laugh with my friends, though I’m not a very big people person, rathering to spend time with one or two friends than a large group of people. I care a lot about my friends and if someone does something to upset one of them, I will do everything in my power to make sure that the offender regrets their mistakes. I am very patriotic and priverelaged to live in a wonderful part of my country, Australia. Everything Aussy matters to me and I feel that being an Australian is one of the most important parts of my personality.

I finished school 6 years ago and since then I have been trying to complete a university degree majoring in creative writing and business communications, but due to many different circumstances, including having decided for 3 years that I wanted to be a teacher, I haven’t got there yet. I also have my own business, teaching people who are blind how to read and write Braille, along with public speaking and disability awareness.

I am, clearly, an adult baby. I have been interested in nappies, or diapers, since I can remember. I started off putting towels and stuff in my underwear at night to feel like I had a diaper on. My parents were ashamed about it and I had to stop that. In my last year at school, I found out about the AB/DL community and found out where/how to buy diapers. One day, I thought that I could tell my mum about it, because we were both adults by then, and I thought she would understand as she was, for the most part, an accepting and supportive person. However, the support didn’t extend to caring about my being an AB and she told me to stop it and suggested that I see a psychologist. The next 4 or so years, I secretly bought diapers and used them when I was alone, I thought then about coming out on the internet as AB/DL but I was too scared to do it yet. About two and a half years ago, I moved out of my parents’ house for the first time, giving me the freedom to be an AB all the time, which I did and really loved it. I took a while, but eventually I started wearing to university, I bought Sippy cups, baby plates and onesies. I have been able to be an AB as much or as little as I like for two and a half years now, and it’s fantastic. I feel that I could keep going along the track of why I am into diapers, but I think we’ll leave that part of the post there. I’ll just finish up this section, therefore, by saying that plastic backed is awesome and I’ve not yet tried cloth diapers at all.

When I’m not in my little space, there are so many things that I love to do. I am a writer and I have been working for many years now on a series of books about 6 teens who go to a rural boarding school in Australia and the troubles they have growing up. Apart from writing, my creativity expands to music, I play the trumpet, sing and have written many songs over the years, it’s very convenient having a good pianist as a boyfriend. I love animals, I have a cat, two gold fish and a dog--but he’s not just a dog …
When I was borne, it was discovered that I have my mother’s genetic eye condition which, as I have got older, has lead me to be totally, completely and very blind. I see absolutely nothing now, though when I was growing up, I had a little bit of vision. This, however, is not a problem for me, I think it’s a good thing, rather than a bad thing. Most of the work that I do now is because I am blind, public speaking and training other blind and vision impaired people to read and write, if I wasn’t blind myself, I couldn’t do those things. At this point, I begin to wonder if you, the reader is asking yourself: “Is your blindness the reason why you are an AB/DL? Has it lead to some kind of psychological issues which have made you seek AB/DL to fill in a part of your life?” The short answer to that is, no. I am as happy as Larry being blind, I would not take eye site back for anything, and I think that I would be an AB even if I could see. Anyway, back to the point, I’m worried that if I keep getting too off track, the moderators will take this post down.
The only other thing about me that I will say in this little post here is that I am fanatic about sports, a lot of Australians are. It is too hard to explain our national game of Australian Rules football here in this post, it’s a very complicated game, so I will just say that it is played on an oval shaped ground with an oval ball, and there are approximately 18 players from two teams on the playing ground at one time. The aim is for one team to get the ball into their half of the ground and kick a goal, which is equal to 6 points, or a point/behind, equal to 1 point. The team who has the most points and goals at the end of the four 30 minute quarters is the winning team. I go for the Sydney swans, whose colours are red and white. I also have a National Rugby Team, the Cronulla sharks who’s colours are black blue and white. I’d say that more countries have rugby, so I’m not going to explain it here like I did with Aussie Rules, for the simple reason that I am worried that I am going on for far too long. The other sport that I will mention I have an interest in here, is table tennis. I have been playing table tennis for over ten years, both socially and competitively and I enjoy both doubles and singles. “How does a person who can’t see play table tennis?” It’s easy reader, rather than hitting the ball above the net, like in traditional table tennis, we hit it underneath. The ball is modified to be about the size of a tennis ball, made from plastic and has bells inside so the blind players are able to hear it as it roles along the table top. I should point out that, as well as the ball being modified, the table, bats and rules are too. It was developed by two or three blind people here in Australia about 50 years ago, we call it swish rather than table tennis.

I’ve been going on for way longer than I thought I would, and then I possibly should, so I’ll end now by answering the last point in the “CheetSheet to a great introduction”, fantastic resource I must say.
I’m not sure what I am intending to get out of being on this site, I’m not even sure if I am going to keep my account activated for a long time, depends if I get cold feet or not. I guess I just felt like I had to come out, like I had to tell someone about the fact that I’m an adult baby and this seemed like the right step to take in that direction. I have never told any of my friends, I don’t know if I will ever find the strength to do that. I tried telling my mum but, as you read above, that didn’t really work out for me. So I’m here, trying to express myself as an AB/DL for the first time. I’m open to whatever happens on this page, finding other likeminded people, having people interested in the situation that I’m in, whatever. I think too I would like to submit some of my stories here that I write when I am in my little space, review diapers if that is aloud and have someone to talk to about being an AB/DL for the first time in my life. I just know that I am ready to start showing the world that, I am a lot of things and an AB/DL is one of them.

Hi
I'm new too, its nice to hear from another aussie adult baby. Great intro. You sound like an increadable person.

Just wanted to say hi

I'm impressed by your well presented introduction, AussieLu94. I might just add a thought about 'telling people' that you are ab or dl, etc. I sometimes feel we'd be better served if we 'found the strength' NOT to tell so many others. Sometimes, it's just not necessary, unless there is a definite need to know. Your telling can happen here, in this forum. I'd say that most of us who are members do 'get it', as AB, DL, persons manage incontinence, or combinations thereof. In others I've met over the years, I've found that disability may or may not be related to ab/dl feelings or identity. I suppose it's how we are wired in our DNA somehow. I don't ask why; I just accept that what is, is. My college girlfriend had a mobility disability and she was a dl. Go firgure.

Welcome aboard Mate! What a great intro, I feel like I know you already. You WILL really like it here. It is great to share with people that are like you. I'm looking forward to reading your stories.

littlemoosey

Yeah, it would be an interesting thing to do research into I think, the percentage of people who are AB or DL who have a disability and the reasons why they are. I think that there is a mentality, especially in modern times, that having a child whith a disability toilet trained at an early age is not that easy to achieve. I would like to know if there is a correlation between parents of children with a disability not training their kids until later than they are possibly ready and that child becoming an AB or DL later on in their life. I just think that may be an interesting thing to find out, knowing what I know about myself and what I know about other people with different abilities--I hate the disability word--and diaper loving.

Yes! Another Aussie!

Welcome!

Aussie Rules Football is slang for "aerial ping pong".

Yes, ADISC is a great resource to talk about AB/DL stuff. You're more than welcome to simply lurk a while, build trust in this place, dip your toe into the proverbial waters, and ask away about any and all aspects of AB/DL.

You're a writer, so there's even a story section to read, maybe even write. It's a great way to explore the world of AB/DL thoughts, feelings, dreams, and ideas.

Keep in touch!

Cool Interdiction :thumbsup:

Hey there AussieLu, and welcome to the site. I’m also a fellow Aussie AB. I’ve been hanging around this site for a while now, though I must confess I’m a pretty slack contributor these days, maybe I’m just too busy with other stuff.

Your intro was fabulous and I think you’ll really enjoy being part of this community.

Interestingly, since you raise the issue of your sight in relation to being AB, I honestly couldn’t imagine it being a disability as AB/DL is so experiential, tactile sensation and emotional experience.

Well anyway I’ve now broken my long silence, lol. Welcome.
ozbub

Hi Ausbub, thanks for braking your silence on my post lol. the only disadvantage that I feel there is with being an ABDL without any vision is that I can't see the cute patterns on my favourite diapers/nappies. I love listening to good reiews on youtube and trying to picture what a diaper looks like. For example, I was watching a review on the preschools, my favourite daytime diaper, and I was sad to find that they aren't all over print :( Oh well, in my mind they are. The other thing about it is that I would like to do reviews of my own one day but I can't do that effectively, in my opinion, because I can't talk about the pictures on the diapers and their bags.

Hooray what a fabulous introduction.

Preschools might not have all over print but the pics they do have on the large taping panel are very cute stylised artwork that looks like something little munchkins might have drawn.

First one is a side view of a three lane road showing a fire truck, a taxi and a police car, it has 2 visible trees that are depicted by balls on top of sticks.

Second one is a crescent moon with a face wearing a beanie surrounded by puffy clouds and some stars.

Third one is letters and numbers all inside shapes like stars, circles and hexagons, it also has the A B U logo very dominant which is just ABU with a swirl.

Fourth one is planes, helicopters, hot air balloons and kites with fluffy clouds.

I am a fellow Aussie (Melbournian.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back