Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Green Day - 21st Century Breakdown

Default Green Day - 21st Century Breakdown

Green Day's new album 21st Century Breakdown will be coming out this Friday. I have licened to it and just like American Idiot was anti-war, this album seems to anti-religion taking; aim at those who take the bible to far; ofcourse that's my view.

If your interested in licening to the album Click here.

I thought American Idiot was a bush bashing CD and I find it odd they got paid by John Kerry. It took them 4 years to do a bush bashing CD and it comes out right at a election and they got paid by the democratic rival all around the same time? Even Bright Eye's never went out of their way to bash on Bush despite the lead singer being extremely liberal.

To me it just does not add up, plus their songs on that CD were rather bad IMHO. But I just don't like sellout's of any kind and I do consider them to be sell outs. Plus the best song I like from them was a remake "I broke the law and the law won". I never heard that great of a song that they (Billy Joel) came up.

>< their version of I fought the law is just bad if you ask me

Quote Originally Posted by Fire_lupine06 View Post
    >< their version of I fought the law is just bad if you ask me
    I can fully see your point there.. I was a kid when it came out so I thought it was good. But since I view green day as a sellout, I never really listen to them anymore.

Papa Roach sounds better anyway..

I don't think Green Day is all the impressive myself, just sounds like corporate music for the masses...

I'd listen to some of the song on their new album and I'd like it but I still think Dookie is still their best album to date.

Mako

Fire, marketing 101. Controversy sells, it's not a coincidence its damn well intended. Though I've never heard of them being paid by kerry. Source on that?

As for the new record, I'm excited to hear it. I grew up with Green Day, and it's cool they're trying to do concept albums now. They're never going to be the who, but I think more bands should aspire to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Fire2box View Post
    Even Bright Eye's never went out of their way to bash on Bush despite the lead singer being extremely liberal.
    Actually, there's this.

Anyway, I find it hard to get worked up about Green Day's new stuff. I used to like them back in the day and I still listen to International Superhits sometimes. Still, American Idiot and anything that came after it was all just so "look at how punk-rock-but-emo-at-the-same-time we are" directed at 14 years-old girls. For the lack of a better word: meh.

Yeah, but look at the bright side: NOFX has a new album out. I've not heard it yet, is it any good?