PeekABU and Simple Ultra - V2

Status
Not open for further replies.
NeverKnow said:
My assessment is that the capacity is simply ridiculous. I don't often have the need, occasion, or opportunity to wear something that holds this much pee. But that's ok. They're a great diaper and the ones I have will last me a while. I like the art a lot. I wish ABU had a diaper with the same fit but a more practical capacity. I even like that they don't ride quite as high as most diapers; they look more babyish that way.

I've chatted with Casey about that very thing. Not everyone wants or needs a diaper that can be worn and used for 6+ hours. At least not all the time. For my and I would guess a lot of other people, part of the enjoyment of being diapered is changing into a fresh clean diaper. I'd rather spend less per diaper and change 4 or 5 time a day sometimes. Other times, sure, maybe it would be nice to only need 2 for the whole day.

Reactions: perlFerret
NeverKnow said:
My assessment is that the capacity is simply ridiculous. I don't often have the need, occasion, or opportunity to wear something that holds this much pee. But that's ok. They're a great diaper and the ones I have will last me a while. I like the art a lot. I wish ABU had a diaper with the same fit but a more practical capacity. I even like that they don't ride quite as high as most diapers; they look more babyish that way.

If you've kept well-hyrated before bed, and then sleep in (Saturday or Sunday morning!) you can wear without needing to get up and change at 6am :)
(my current go-to for weekend snoozing is Safari, I'd like to see more peek-abu XL in stock because not much else can let me sleep in 'till 9 worry-free)

- - - Updated - - -

BabyCorry said:
I've chatted with Casey about that very thing. Not everyone wants or needs a diaper that can be worn and used for 6+ hours. At least not all the time. For my and I would guess a lot of other people, part of the enjoyment of being diapered is changing into a fresh clean diaper. I'd rather spend less per diaper and change 4 or 5 time a day sometimes. Other times, sure, maybe it would be nice to only need 2 for the whole day.

Well they have other diapers for less extended wear. They've got quite a variety actually... drop down to a space/paws/simple, or farther down to preschool/sdk/cushies if you want to. It totally makes sense for them to provide a variety of products that fill a variety of needs. I don't know about you, but I usually get 8 hours of sleep on the weekdays, and try for 10 on the weekends. Sometimes I can only get 6 and I'm really dragging all day! (and having to get up during the night to change because my diaper's about to leak really disturbs my sleep!)

NeverKnow said:
In fairness to ABU, they do have a lot of options. Most of their diapers either lack a front waistband or have a print I don't care for. But Kiddos are great. Maybe someday they'll update some of their other lines, particularly PreSchools and the rest of the single-tapes, with front waistbands.

Yep that has been discussed a few times, I think they're waiting for some musty old patents to fall off the books, due here real soon.
will be nice.

I think it’s a good time to update my view on ABU Peakabu’s im now on my second case and I am absolutely astonished by not only there performance but ability to remain incredibly comfortable for long periods. I can rely on them 100% and have not had a leak despite pushing them to the point of stupidity. At the moment the limiting factor for duration is smell and hygiene. Many times I change due to starting to get smelly or simply I need to air out a little. 18-20 hrs is easily achieved. I must say even though not often you max the absorbency level of these I wouldn’t change it for the world. The confidence and comfort that comes with knowing they will take anything and if you get caught out somewhere they will hold up and keep you comfortable with no leaks is so worth it. Nothing worse than med level products that take 1 minor wetting then feel wet and horrible and start falling apart plus your in fear of leaks or pressout leaks all the time. Only complaints are price is high even for a premium product and availability has been difficult which hopefully these will sort out soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Foxroxsox said:
If these had a velcro closing instead of the tape system, they would go from really great to simply amazing.
I agree. I love velcro tabs.
Trevor said:
I guess that's one of those eye of the beholder things. Velcro tabs make my interest drop considerably. It's not about the function but the feel.
Sorry, but I disagree.. The look or feel of the diaper means nothing, if it does not function properly.

Honestly, I don't like them *crosses hoofs and hmpfs* I can go almost a day in one, and they get super squishy, and then daddy only changes me twice in one day! Nawta fun!

Actually, love them, besides only two changes total! Though, I wish they had the pride shell instead. If ABU didn't have as much inventory issues, I'd might switch to them for daily wear.

12srepaid said:
I agree. I love velcro tabs.

Sorry, but I disagree.. The look or feel of the diaper means nothing, if it does not function properly.

I suppose if tapes didn't work, I would have made my peace with the break in the feeling of smooth plastic. As it stands, tapes work quite well for the purpose. I can believe that the tabs work better in terms of reattachment but a good tape works very well. I don't need better when it makes it less pleasant to the touch.

I recently put on my first large PeekABU, and I am quite pleased with how it fits. When it came to other ABU diapers (LittlePawz, Simple), I was between sizes (I have long been using the medium ConfiDry 24/7’s as my go-to diaper, ao that in itself puts me in an “in between” category of sorts); the changes they made are definitely working out for me. I am strictly a DL, but even I find the prints to be cute. Based on what I have read about the capacity, I am expecting this diaper to last me all day (it is fairly thin while dry, but I am curious about the waddle-inducing swelling that is said to eventually happen).

I had a chance to test out the PeekABUs just over a month ago when they first came out. These are the only ABU dialers that give me a good seal around the legs (all others don't work as they have no lower tapes, just middle and upper). Their absorption is definitely up there, and they last nearly as long as betterdry does. I like the artwork too. My only gripe is their very high cost, but I'm sure that will come down sooner or later.

i was just wondering is the ABU Simple Ultra Wider than the ABU Simple Diaper?

pawpatrolpuppy said:
i was just wondering is the ABU Simple Ultra Wider than the ABU Simple Diaper?

ABU's Ultra/PeekABU and their Space/Simple/Paws have very little in common with each other. Sizes are ALL different. (and specifically, Ultra are almost a full size smaller fit, so order BIG - I'm comfortably Large simple but Large PeekABU are laughably too small - XL are a bit big on me but work fine)

I was wondering how can you tell a ABU Simple from a Abu Simple Ultra?

How can you tell them apart? I need a answer

since i can not tell them apart and I want to USE the ABU Simple Ultra for tonight
mkgTjdw

Last edited:
pawpatrolpuppy said:
I was wondering how can you tell a ABU Simple from a Abu Simple Ultra?

ultra are:

shorter shell
narrower shell
clear tapes
narrower crotch padding width
thinner padding
more flexible padding
lighter
slight difference in shell look due to different padding below

they can look very similar at a glance, but even still folded up, the ultra are clearly a little thinner, narrower, and aren't as stiff when held up. They're pretty easy to tell apart if you're looking for it.

So in my picture so the ABU Simple Ultra would be on the left since it has the shorter shell, and then the one the right would be the ABU Simple? Am I correct? or is the other way around
bambinod said:
ultra are:

shorter shell
narrower shell
clear tapes
narrower crotch padding width
thinner padding
more flexible padding
lighter
slight difference in shell look due to different padding below

they can look very similar at a glance, but even still folded up, the ultra are clearly a little thinner, narrower, and aren't as stiff when held up. They're pretty easy to tell apart if you're looking for it.

- - - Updated - - -

In this the picture would the Simple Ultra been on the right do to the padding inside?https://imgur.com/U4dR0pn
Please Let Me know ASAP

the quilting on the inside padding does seem to be an ultra. and correction to above, I believe ABU is using the clear tapes on the majority of their diapers now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back