PeekABU and Simple Ultra - V2

Status
Not open for further replies.

RearTykeUniverse

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
The currently available versions of PeekABU and Simple Ultra M/L (available in USA/Canada/Australia/Japan) feature many upgrades:

1.) The landing zone has been moved slightly higher on the diaper.

2.) The tapes have moved further apart, with the bottom tape low enough to give a much better leg seal.

3.) The core has been completely redesigned and the wicking is now substantially better than V1.

4.) Absorption has improved, but we are not going to be changing the advertised number of 6250 as we don't want realistic expectations to change about what the diaper can/cannot do.

5.) Tape adhesion to the back-sheet has been improved by increasing the pressure when stamping down the tapes.

Saw the announcement on reddit and thought I'd copy/paste it here

Cool and thanks for the run down.

I am going to pick up my samples next week, only thing that concerns me is the lower bottom tapes but otherwise sounds very positive

It's unfortunate they're still out of stock in XL, with them sizing so much smaller, since that increases the demand on larger sizes.

But I suppose that's good news for all you toothpicks, sizes L and M are in stock for both from the looks of it.

IMO, the bottom tapes were ok where they were, the TOP tapes needed to move up. Most adult diapers have the top tapes near the top of the back wing, and have the lower tapes about in the middle. The first run of these had BOTH tapes close to the middle. If all they did was move the lower tape down farther, that may actually make the fit worse. So I'm hoping the uppers moved up too. There are a few diapers with the lower tapes down near the bottom of the wing, and I've always found their fit a little weird feeling. It may just be that I'm not used to it though. They do tend to "hug your butt cheeks" better that way. That won't matter much though if they don't do something about only having 1/4" of unpadded plastic border back there, that's just screaming for a leak.

This model has a lot of potential, but it seems they have left themselves with a lot of things that could use tweaking. If you need a product tester, I'd love to help, and wold provide lots of useful feedback.

bambinod said:
It's unfortunate they're still out of stock in XL, with them sizing so much smaller, since that increases the demand on larger sizes.

He said the XLs would be back in stock at the end of summer most likely.

If these had a velcro closing instead of the tape system, they would go from really great to simply amazing.

Foxroxsox said:
If these had a velcro closing instead of the tape system, they would go from really great to simply amazing.

I guess that's one of those eye of the beholder things. Velcro tabs make my interest drop considerably. It's not about the function but the feel.

Trevor said:
I guess that's one of those eye of the beholder things. Velcro tabs make my interest drop considerably. It's not about the function but the feel.

Velcro adjusts better during the day at work, but at all other times I also prefer sticky tapes.

these are the only ones that have smaller sizing right? the rest are sized differently? like the lil pawz would fit as a large while the peekabu's are xL?

Infinitas said:
these are the only ones that have smaller sizing right? the rest are sized differently? like the lil pawz would fit as a large while the peekabu's are xL?

ABU has several lines of diapers. Kiddo, barebum, PeekABU/ultra have their own unique fit. Most of the rest of the ABU line are about the same. (simple/space/paws/lavender, preschool, sdk/cushies)

Barebum size especially small.

BareBum and Kiddo size odd because they were "acquired" models, and PeekABU because it's a new redesign.

Roughly speaking, a PeekABU XL is about the same size as a Paws Large. The wings on the XL peekabu may have a larger upper size, but the two are about the same lower limit.

Yes down fall for you but gain for me lol, medium original simples tad to small, large were kinda big, large simple ultras fit me perfectly!!!

So just got my samples and excited to try the Simple Ultra tonight, seems to be some variance between them:

Simple Ultra stacked on PeekABU

1BC5812A-9F21-4BE1-B50D-8B68BA1F42EE.jpg

PeekABU stacked on Simple Ultra

5AAFA266-F402-481E-A189-3ACE6DEB720C.jpg

I have had this b4 between packs of diapees and for the most part they still fit pretty much the same but this just caught me unawares.

I ordered a Sample pack of the ABU peekaboos. I was was in heaven when I open the box. They are huge and I thought they wound be very bulky. Turns out to be the opposite. They extremely thin for an AB DL diaper in my opinion. They do hold a lot as I’ve had the same one on for 14 hours and no leaks so far. I do like the tape panel. I use Crinklz as my daily diaper and I wish they had a tape panel. Overall I like Crinklz better. They wick better and are far more bulky especially when wet.

I thought Simple Ultra were just an all-white version of PeekABU??? Are you sure you didn't get Simple? (which is all-white Space) And you got the same size of both?

If you did get Simple Ultra, I'd appreciate a more detailed comparison.

Too bad they aren't available in europe at a reasonable shipping cost. 35 EUR for shipping a single pack of already very expensive diapers to Europe, is just a bit too far off.
Maybe rearz will come with their alternative available fornus Europeans. Until then I stick with Betterdry diapers which btw. Beats the shit out of ABU's new glagship, and for only half the cost per diaper......

bambinod said:
I thought Simple Ultra were just an all-white version of PeekABU??? Are you sure you didn't get Simple? (which is all-white Space) And you got the same size of both?

If you did get Simple Ultra, I'd appreciate a more detailed comparison.

Yep definitely got the Simple Ultra and the PeekABU medium samples and their is absolutely the difference in the width between my samples (at least when folded.) For certain these are thinner than normal Simples.

Tried the Simple Ultra last night, my initial observation was after unfolding it looked a lot like a Fabine both with the hex pattern padding and distance between the top and bottom tapes.

Just like a Fabine I had to be careful positioning the bottom tapes so it was snug but not constricting and did get a good comfy fit.

These really are thirsty and swell amazingly.

Apology I can’t give a proper review but I only got the 2 samples.

Despite my trepidation regarding the tape placement I have to say ABU has done it again delivering a gorgeous comfy and functional diapee.

Im still wearing the version 1 of the simples, I really like these and I don't really have an issue with the tapes, yes there a little low for my liking but I position the diaper on me so the top tapes land on the very top of the plastic landing stripe and the bottom tapes get taped snuggly but angled upwards. I don't have any leak issues (unless way full) and I still can get that poofy seat effect on the rear of the diaper.
As far as size, the larges are very similar to dry 24/7 mediums. Despite the negative reviews on the version 1's, I do believe this is still a great product, much better absorbency and comfort than other top end diapers, it is a little pricey to have these glitches though.

Damn OCD, I did write to the lovely peeps at ABU showing them the width differences in my samples of the Simple Ultra and PeekABU and they immediately asked me to check if I received both Mediums which I am pretty confident I have (Simple Ultra definitely was Medium and had the M on the taping panel), the PeekABU doesn’t have any size markings I could find but does line up quite well on an unopened pack of Little Pawz Mediums.

0B417FB8-755D-48F7-BDC8-EF12297861DE.jpg

I absolutely adore the Dragon and specially requested that one as my sample :)

Was not impressed with Simple Ultra. Would rather have dry 24/7.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back