Best Diaper for Active Exercise?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schneaky

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Hello all! Found a thread on playing sports in diapers, but it was closed. So...

...a few days a week, some community members and I play pickleball for about two hours. I'm wondering if I should try to wear a diaper while playing. We can get pretty active.

I have shorts that are very loose so I'm not worried about the bulk. However, the sweating is a concern. I was looking into Tranquility Slimline diapers. I don't need anything too absorbent.

Recommendations? Should I even attempt it at all?

As far as disposable diapers are concerned, thin and clothlike is going to work out better for exercise. Actual cloth diapers will always perform better for that though, so go with cloth if you don't mind. (or maybe at least give it a try)

Cloth is a lot easier to do if you're not going to be wetting too, because then you don't need to bother with plastic pants.

Depending on how much protection you might be looking for, I have two recommendations. I’m very active at work and wear Real Fits. For short amounts of activity these would possibly suit your needs for light wettings. For something a little more substantial I would highly recommend molicare premiums. They are cloth backed, reasonably absorbent, and thinner than a lot of diapers, making them a little more discreet. Only draw back that I’ve noticed is that the tapes sometimes come apart or tear the cloth.

Oh and the molicares are pretty inexpensive which is a plus!

If you're looking to me very discreet and absorbency doesn't matter, you should look into the depends real fit pull-ups. The sides are closer to goodnites.

If you're looking for a diaper type, I personally love the Tena Stretch. I use the super absorbency, but the Ultra absorbency is probably enough. They are cloth-like with one stretchy velcro tab per side.

BoredBoy said:
If you're looking to me very discreet and absorbency doesn't matter, you should look into the depends real fit pull-ups. The sides are closer to goodnites.

If you're looking for a diaper type, I personally love the Tena Stretch. I use the super absorbency, but the Ultra absorbency is probably enough. They are cloth-like with one stretchy velcro tab per side.

I’ve been meaning to try the Tena Stretch, but never really got around to it—kinda been on the fence with Tenas US products.

Try out the stretch super. I'm just the right size that the tapes are in the perfect place. I've heard people don't like the tapes because they are too long or something.

Absorbency is decent. I can wear a super overnight but definitely not in the same way as some premium diapers. It's definitely worth the lower cost though.

Personally, I'd be a little concerned about a seam blowout, leaving a trail of gel behind me, with fellow players wondering, WTH?

Might want to use a PUL pant to contain anything that breaks loose, or, better yet, a muscle-T onsie, to keep things holding together. I wear Depends RealFits that break a seam, in back, on top, with regular daily activities. Fortunately, they hold up well otherwise. I am careful, when taking them off...

- - - Updated - - -

BTW, I wear an Abena pull-up, over the RealFits, and a PUL over that. Not taking any chances, and I like to carry my backup over my primary.

I would honestly skip wearing the diaper during exercise. It's going to become a mess no matter what Diaper you are wearing. Just sayin':sweatdrop:

russel said:
I would honestly skip wearing the diaper during exercise. It's going to become a mess no matter what Diaper you are wearing. Just sayin':sweatdrop:

Honestly, this isn’t really an option for everyone.

Thank you all for the advice! I'll look into some of these brands and see which one will work best.

I would also recommend the Tena Flex Maxi. Their belt style is breathable, discreet, and provides lots of movement flexibility. They are also relatively absorbent for what they are.

I do some incredibly vigorous workouts and by far, the most comfortable (and interesting) workout session was in a soaked, almost leaking Bambino. Clothlike ones rubbed as did the dryer ones. I thought an abundance of powder was the answer, but I had a very easy and rather fun time when my diaper was wet and full (shrug).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back