Wolfiechu

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Little
does anyone use a paci while sleeping. That's the only time I use mine

Wolfiechu said:
does anyone use a paci while sleeping. That's the only time I use mine

Yes, many do. There will be better posts than the one above soon. As a new member you should know we get rude comments here from time to time. It's best to ignore them.

Reactions: Trevor
Sleeping with a Paci has a lot of benefits. Although sometimes it takes a bit getting used to, it is not only soothing, but can sometimes help you sleep better.

There is also a bit of research that suggests it could help lessen snoring.

:detective3

I like falling asleep with a paci, but I usually wake up in the middle of the night with it either laying on the floor next to my bed or holding the button in my hand. It's still very soothing though.

I've tried quite a few times, but I think I only ever managed to fall asleep once with a paci in my mouth. My body/brain almost always just doesn't let my fall asleep until I take it out.

Pacis seem to always make my teeth feel funny after a while anyway, so I tend to think it's safer to limit their use anyway. I know the solution sounds like it should just be "don't bite on it as hard", but it's not quite that simple.

I have a much better sleep with my paci. My wife usually makes sure I have it when she tucks me in, we have different bed times.

I trained myself to sleep with a NUK 5. It was easy enough to get to sleep with it but I'd often take it out during the night. When I finally got used to it, it was easy. I have a NUK 10 now and it's so much larger it makes the 5 feel like a baby pacifier by comparison. The one downside is that it's not comfortable (at least so far) to sleep with. I've tried it a few times but it doesn't last longer than a few hour of sleep. Maybe some day.

I used to suck my thumb when I slept up until I was 14 years old, but it screwed my teeth up, so I can't sleep with a paci or a thumb in my mouth anymore. :(

I've tried but it's just too uncomfortable.

I need to sleep with my mouth closed and pacis in between my teeth are too much of a distraction

I have several pacifiers stashed in my bookcase headboard...
But normally I just suck my thumb at night. (And have for 62 years now. Never been able to break the habit. Not cretin why. Just unmotivated maybe.) And for some reason my LEFT thumb has been the one that's always felt natural to me. Never been quiet comfortable using my right hand thumb.
Pacis are OK I suppose but they always end up lost in the blankets by morning. and I wake with my thumb again.

I got a short-ish baby pacifier clip to put on my pink pacifier. So it'll stay nearby, even if it's not in my mouth by the time I get up. XD

-edit-

And I wanted it to be shorter than usual so I didn't have to worry about waking up strangling with the pacifier leash. :3

I have three pacifiers and I do sleep with one in my mouth. It stays in my mouth most of the time. But in the rare times they fall out, I end up waking up to look for it under my pillow, so I might need to dig up my paci clips somewhere in my room.

My daddy usually tucks me in with my monkey plushy, my paci in my mouth (after I drink at least one bottle of water), and my nightlight on.

I always have my paci in my mouth from the time I go to sleep to the time I wake up. It’s pretty natural for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've tried napping with a paci, but I have found that after I use it for an extended period of time (about one hour or so), my teeth start to shift. And when I put my retainer in for the night, it is tight and painful. Perhaps it is not the right size/shape, but I've tried a few brands and they are all adult pacifiers.

JerryBaker said:
I've tried napping with a paci, but I have found that after I use it for an extended period of time (about one hour or so), my teeth start to shift. And when I put my retainer in for the night, it is tight and painful. Perhaps it is not the right size/shape, but I've tried a few brands and they are all adult pacifiers.

What all adult pacifier brands have you tried? And from those brands, what teat material/sizes have you used?

CrinklyConnor said:
What all adult pacifier brands have you tried? And from those brands, what teat material/sizes have you used?

One was from LittleForBig and two were from random Etsy sellers. NUK 5 maybe? All silicone.

Well, I know it’s a more to spend, but I would recommend trying www.adultpacifier.com

They’ve got both silicone and latex (I prefer silicone personally), and everyone I know that’s gotten pacifiers from there, including myself, have no complaints. You can make a custom one, or choose a premade one for cheaper. They just came out with a Phase 2 pacifier, so the Phase 1’s are cheaper now. Plus they’ve got a 10% off sale using the “10OFF” code.

Maybe it’s worth a try?

Just a suggestion is all.

I sleep with a pacifier. I couldn't do it at first, but after about a week of trying, I have no issues anymore. Just need to be patient and keep trying. It even stays in my mouth overnight now!

I myself suckle my left thumb for a bit before falling asleep at naptime and bedtime.

caitianx said:
I myself suckle my left thumb for a bit before falling asleep at naptime and bedtime.

The thumb never gets lost under the bed or wears out. ;D I think it's probably the best pacifier in existance! Sometimes I just put my against my bottom lip as I fall asleep.

And at least no one can beat my own preferred sucking appendage as a baby. I was flexible enough to suck on my own big toe. LOL My mom would come in and catch me with it in my mouth and be like "Ucky. Nasty. Don't suck your feet." (She's told me the story. Apparently I would laugh at her and keep doing it.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back