Adding crib rails/bars to a twin bed

Status
Not open for further replies.

JustinDB87

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
So I finally got my own place, which means more privacy and more opportunities to do things I wouldn't have done when living with my parents. One thing I've always wanted was my own crib...obviously as many of you know, those aren't cheap and you can't hide them very well lol. So what I've been looking for are wooden crib bars that can somehow attach to your bed, but also be removed in case someone is over at my place. To say I've struggled finding anything would be an understatement. When you search for them, most of what u find are the 2 ft mesh or short wooden ones for toddler beds. Rarely can you find tall wooden crib rails to attach to your bed...then again it's not exactly something everyone is looking for so I expected my search to be difficult. The only one I found that looked remotely interesting was this...https://littleduckusa.com/collections/bed-rails/products/safetots-wooden-bed-rail-white

Does anyone know of tall crib rails that can be bought separately online that maybe I couldn't find? Any help is greatly appreciated.

I'm thinking of getting or rigging up a crib myself when and if I move into a larger place, so I've researched this topic a bit myself.

The only crib converter for ABDL's that I know of is made by Babica Products, I believe they even have a representative on ADISC. They make modular cribs that can be fitted to twin, queen and king size beds. When not in use, the pieces can be easily put away and stored. The prices are pretty steep though, but nowhere near as expensive as a custom job, so if you have the money lying around, this might be something to look into:

http://ungulate11.wixsite.com/babicka/playcrib

I also have an AB friend who got great mileage out of taking the siding from 2 actual baby cribs of the same make and model and using those in conjunction with his twin-size bed to rig up a makeshift crib. To make the image a little clearer, he basically took 2 identical cribs and put them together along with his twin-sized bed and bed frame, the end result looked surprisingly like a legit, custom-made, ABDL crib. Of course, I think his DIY crib was a permanent piece, so I'm not sure if making something similar would be easy to deconstruct for storage.

In any event, I hope you can find and get a hand on what you're looking for :)

Poofybutt said:
I'm thinking of getting or rigging up a crib myself when and if I move into a larger place, so I've researched this topic a bit myself.

The only crib converter for ABDL's that I know of is made by Babica Products, I believe they even have a representative on ADISC. They make modular cribs that can be fitted to twin, queen and king size beds. When not in use, the pieces can be easily put away and stored. The prices are pretty steep though, but nowhere near as expensive as a custom job, so if you have the money lying around, this might be something to look into:

http://ungulate11.wixsite.com/babicka/playcrib

I also have an AB friend who got great mileage out of taking the siding from 2 actual baby cribs of the same make and model and using those in conjunction with his twin-size bed to rig up a makeshift crib. To make the image a little clearer, he basically took 2 identical cribs and put them together along with his twin-sized bed and bed frame, the end result looked surprisingly like a legit, custom-made, ABDL crib. Of course, I think his DIY crib was a permanent piece, so I'm not sure if making something similar would be easy to deconstruct for storage.

In any event, I hope you can find and get a hand on what you're looking for :)

Wow Poffybutt, I like that!

My twin sized bed has partial length side safety rails.
Sort of toddlerish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back