Status
Not open for further replies.

Schwanensee

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Little
Hi everyone!

So, I've been thinking about this for a while now...what is your opinion on changing your Avatar on this site? I feel like barely anyone ever does, but personally I get bored of things very easily.

I've had the same avatar for a while, the girl with the long galaxy hair, but I don't really feel like it ever represented me, you know? I neither have long hair nor really a galaxy aesthetic. So now I made a new one, which I feel is a step in the right direction, but still kinda rough around the edges.

Is it a bad idea to keep changing my avatar? Do you prefer "portrait"-style avatars (not photographs, but drawings/paintings) or ones with characters/objects?

I'm curious to hear your answers and opinions!

Hugs and cuddles,
Kat

I like it! It's more...childish? I think there are few avatar changes here because members identify with a certain image and want to stay with it. After awhile, you see an avatar and know who it is.

Scaramouche said:
I like it! It's more...childish? I think there are few avatar changes here because members identify with a certain image and want to stay with it. After awhile, you see an avatar and know who it is.

Thank you! Childish is what I was going for, so that's great :D

Yes, that's what I thought as well...it's why I was a bit scared to change it. But on the other hand, I do want people to recognize me by something that represents me, so hopefully it's not too awful a change?

We have some members like myself who keep their avatars forever, and members who change theirs every now and then. It's completely up to you. We do tend to recognize members by their avatar, but after awhile, we remake the same identification so all is good. It's cute, by the way.

I change mine fairly often, but it's always Maux. I like to have him change shirts every once and a while. ^__^

I picked mine on a whim, but I have always, ALWAYS loved Link. He's just so cute, in every incarnation. I might change which Link, but I've been a Link so long I might stick with him.

I change mine sometimes, but it's always the same character. :3 I've actually been meaning to swap mine out for a while now.

I like your new one, it's really cute. :D

It's really interesting to me how the human brain works. I frequently read posts from everyone who has commented on this thread so far and have just naturally come to associate each of your "voices" with your avatar. Even if I were to just read your prose by itself I could probably recognize you, when there is an avatar representation my brain sees it and quickly expects certain stylistic elements and personality associated with that avatar in the post. Whoever came up with the ideas of avatars must have known that intuitively I guess. I really liked your previous avatar very much Schwanensee (but probably more just the things you posted), but your new avatar is fantastic too. The good thing about brains and neural networks is that they're very adaptable. As others already said it won't take long to associate you with your new avatar :)

Thanks for all the replies, it's really interesting to hear different viewpoints!

LiteBrite said:
It's really interesting to me how the human brain works. I frequently read posts from everyone who has commented on this thread so far and have just naturally come to associate each of your "voices" with your avatar. Even if I were to just read your prose by itself I could probably recognize you, when there is an avatar representation my brain sees it and quickly expects certain stylistic elements and personality associated with that avatar in the post. Whoever came up with the ideas of avatars must have known that intuitively I guess. I really liked your previous avatar very much Schwanensee (but probably more just the things you posted), but your new avatar is fantastic too. The good thing about brains and neural networks is that they're very adaptable. As others already said it won't take long to associate you with your new avatar :)

That's true, I also connect people's writing style with their avatar...and I do still like my old avatar as a picture, just not as "me" :)

Everyone's been commenting such nice things about my new avatar, now I feel bad for kind of wanting to change it again ^^" But maybe I can get some input on this: I was sketching a bit, and i think this one is my favourite. So, I guess the question I have is: Make that as a more finished version for my avatar, or keep this one?
P_20180630_183407.jpg

I like to see new avatars from peeps and your new one is cute :)

I am in no hurry to change mine as I really like him and he has been done a few times for me by the fabulous Ozbub.

- - - Updated - - -

Maux said:
I change mine fairly often, but it's always Maux. I like to have him change shirts every once and a while. ^__^

I thought the rascally Maux had been through some changes! Love him to bits.

- - - Updated - - -

CuddleWoozle said:
I change mine sometimes, but it's always the same character. :3 I've actually been meaning to swap mine out for a while now. :D

Is your characters name also CuddleWoozle? Love both the name and the avatar BTW.

- - - Updated - - -

Schwanensee said:

It’s got a gorgeous Winne the Pooh and Christopher Robin vibe which I like.

Argent said:
Is your characters name also CuddleWoozle? Love both the name and the avatar BTW.

Her 'real' name is Honee Vaughn-Valchez. XD As a character. As me, I call her/myself "Cuddles", which is also her character nickname. (Or Woozle if you prefer that. ;3)

Argent said:
I thought the rascally Maux had been through some changes! Love him to bits.

Thank you! ^__^

I changed mine, finally. I think it looks like she's staring into the forum from a teeny window.

Either that or looking directly into your soul.

"I am the Dread Cuddly Woozle! There will be no survivors! My plushies are here! I am here! But soon, you will not be here! The Dread Cuddly Woozle takes no survivors! All your worst nightmares have but to come truuuue! The Dread Cuddly Woozle is HERE FOR YOUR SOOOOOOUL!"

CuddleWoozle said:
"I am the Dread Cuddly Woozle! There will be no survivors! My plushies are here! I am here! But soon, you will not be here! The Dread Cuddly Woozle takes no survivors! All your worst nightmares have but to come truuuue! The Dread Cuddly Woozle is HERE FOR YOUR SOOOOOOUL!"

Aww you got big eyes, bees and monologue.... Someone get this Woozle a cookie!

Very nice :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back