Not open for further replies.

hex000f

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
Hi ADISC,

Last night before I went to bed I was planning on some diaper time the next morning. Then I woke up in the middle of the night really having to pee. After some consideration I decided to diaper up and pee while lying in bed as if I'd been diapered all along. As I peed I suspected that I was leaking, and this morning I saw a noticeable leak on the absorbent pad I'd put on my bed as a per-cation. I was wondering if anyone had tips on how to avoid lying down leaks since sometimes I have them and sometimes I don't.

For reference:
-I'm male and have male parts.
-I do my best to point my penis down after I lie down but before I pee.
-The diapers I have available are rearz safari, which seem a little big relative to the next brand, littlepawz, and the new Peekabus that feel a little smaller relative to then the littlepawz.
-If I plan this out in advance I would pee sooner since I don't like holding and therefore try pee long before I flood. If its that simple please let me know.

I don't know, how it is with males, but anyway, try experimenting with the way you secure the tapes.
Basically, you need to tighten the diaper around the legs. Try several ways and you'll fund the one, that suits you. I can't say I don't leak at all, but it's been a while, since I've had any major leaks.

folding the crotch into a "V" channel is important to avoiding leaks. You probably let it crease upward into its "default" shape of a "W" in the crotch, and that often results in a leak.

Fold the waistband material down inside, which forms a barrier channel. Folding the waistbands inside will sometimes make the outer plastic shell stick to your skin like tape.
I will sometimes do this to the leg openings as well.

You never did mention exactly which one you were wearing. I haven't tried any of the three but hear good things about them all, especially the Rearz safaris. I use the Rearz Inspires a lot and when wearing them all night I rarely if ever have a leak and the Safaris are supposedly even better and hold more. I've seen reported the idea that was mentioned about going thru the motions to 'fluff' them up. Stretching them out and folding the crease down the middle. Maybe that will help.

I almost always wet lying down. When I'm in baby mode, I spend a lot of time on my back and snuggled up under blankets, so when I have to go, I'm usually lying down. I have yet to spring a leak when using my diapers lying down, so I think I have a few tips that can help.

First off, as Bambinod said, folding the diaper with a V-channel allows the diaper to catch urine better, it also saturates more evenly then. I always fold my diapers in exactly that way before I tape them on.

Secondly, make sure your leg gathers are perfectly contoured to the inside of your legs. If the gathers are too loose, even a small pee runs the risk of leaking out.

Third, is penis position. Aiming up is frequently preferred as it saturates the diaper more evenly and prolongs the diapers lifespan. Pointing down, is sometimes frowned upon, because it can lead to too much saturation in one area. In my opinion, either position risks leaks, pointing up, you could leak out the top of the diaper, pointing down, you could leak at the rear gathers. I try to get my position right in the middle of the diaper, not quite pointing up, but not forced down either. From experience, that position is near perfect, I've never leaked when I've had it positioned in that way.

Finally, the amount you have to go plays a part as well. If you really had to go and flooded it, then that could have caused the leak. Even premium brands struggle with flooding. If you wet your diaper gradually and give it time to wick away moisture and absorb, your chances of leaks are slim to none.

Hopefully, these tips can help. It's never fun waking up to a leaky diaper :(

hex000f said:
Hi ADISC,

Last night before I went to bed I was planning on some diaper time the next morning. Then I woke up in the middle of the night really having to pee. After some consideration I decided to diaper up and pee while lying in bed as if I'd been diapered all along. As I peed I suspected that I was leaking, and this morning I saw a noticeable leak on the absorbent pad I'd put on my bed as a per-cation. I was wondering if anyone had tips on how to avoid lying down leaks since sometimes I have them and sometimes I don't.

For reference:
-I'm male and have male parts.
-I do my best to point my penis down after I lie down but before I pee.
-The diapers I have available are rearz safari, which seem a little big relative to the next brand, littlepawz, and the new Peekabus that feel a little smaller relative to then the littlepawz.
-If I plan this out in advance I would pee sooner since I don't like holding and therefore try pee long before I flood. If its that simple please let me know.

I know this might have been sort of difficult to tell--since you didn't notice the leak until the following morning. But, if you can remember, it would help a LOT to know where the leak was from? Was it from the top/waistband area? Or around the leg gathers? If you can narrow it down to the area where the leak occurred, it'll be a lot easier to figure out what went wrong.

Also, I've found that ESPECIALLY at nighttime in particular, it's very important to trend towards taping on diapers a bit tighter than you would otherwise. Even if it's almost uncomfortably tight at first--diapers tend to loosen up a bit overnight anyways, and that extra snugness can mean wonders when it comes to stopping leaks.

Another thing to ask: were you laying face down? Or face up? That can play a huge role as well at figuring out what went wrong.

57444D3F-B550-4E75-B8F9-ABD8D9304A04.jpg

Gently stretch then fold your diapee followed by making sure your leak guards are raised, after fitting make sure to run a finger just under the leg elastics to ensure those cute ruffles are not tucked in.

My suggestion is to NEVER flood a diapee but I get it that is so peeps thing.

Sorry to say also, leaks happen to all of us.

Argent said:
View attachment 31092

Gently stretch then fold your diapee followed by making sure your leak guards are raised, after fitting make sure to run a finger just under the leg elastics to ensure those cute ruffles are not tucked in.

My suggestion is to NEVER flood a diapee but I get it that is so peeps thing.

Sorry to say also, leaks happen to all of us.

Although a lot of the time my overnight diaper ends up with a clear "V" in it like it's been folded in half lengthwise, I usually try to start the night out with more of a "mushroom" (in cross-section) profile. I get this by making a fist and using it as a mold to fold the diaper down the centerline (mainly in the crotch area, front to back) so there's more of a "U" than a "V", if you get my meaning. Not only does it look better that way, but it seems to do a better job of distributing my pee when I wet my diaper. It seems to do a better job at keeping the sides of the leg gathers from getting too wet, and focuses most of the wetness right down the middle. I'd imagine it just comes down to imperfect aim with the stream, I'm less likely to directly hit the sides of the padding in the crotch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back