Im so thankful for REAL diapers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

russel

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Let me start off by saying I have been using ABU Simple/Barebum/Pre schools..etc. I have even recently tried Betterdry, and What a wonderful Diaper that is!. But recently just wanted to go back old school and retry some Attends waistband, and ATN diapers. WOW...just wow.:eek: How in the world did I EVER think that Attends was the best diapers at one time? To be fair this was 10 years ago, long before good quality Diapers were readily available. Attends are so thin, and small, and the tapes, how cute!. I guess I take for granite these wonderful diapers I wear today. Just thought I'd share with everyone, and to all who are still using the Attends..etc, please upgrade! You have no idea what a true Diaper really is!:smile1:

Yes i have told many people Attends were the greatest thing around back in the day, that day is not yesterday or today ,leave them in peace in history as if you try them now it will implode all your good memories of the past ,before ABDL and super diapers we all had to crawl before we walked,although I know people who stand by there Attends having turnd there nose up at everything i have tried them on ,they continue to complain at being wet and having to wait long periods for a change , but snuff all the contenders for a better diaper everything from cut to elastic to tapes ,they are never happy with any contender and stay with there attends , i have gotten them to use a booster but no dice on a straight up better diaper.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

russel said:
How in the world did I EVER think that Attends was the best diapers at one time? To be fair this was 10 years ago, long before good quality Diapers were readily available.

That's an interesting question. Attends 10 years ago were crap, pretty much the same crap that's available today. As stated by Tetra, the heyday of Attends was almost two decades ago and ended when the plastic backed six tape design disappeared.

russel said:
I guess I take for granite these wonderful diapers I wear today.

Sorry, but I can't leave this increasingly common error alone:

...take for GRANTED...

...take for GRANTED...[/QUOTE]
Dang it I knew I missed something!:smile1:

russel said:

...take for GRANTED...
Dang it I knew I missed something!:smile1:[/QUOTE]You never know it could be a forced error of the damn auto correct ,there are things I type everyday that autocorrect still screws up .

I've wondered about this. We all get in routines with whatever product we're using, and get comfortable with them regardless of their fault(s) - we adapt. Someone that swears by today's Attends diapers (which are MUCH less practical than in the past!) is USED to getting changed after the first (low-absorbancy) wetting and thinks nothing of it - that also means to be "normal" NO diaper should be worn after you flood it once 'cause they're not used to wearing a wet diaper for long... With newer and more practical products becoming available, many of us have learned that we don't need to change after the first wetting - we can wet again and again without issue - but only if it's a good product. But learning that - that we don't have to change until several wettings in - was adapting too. In any case, I'm now a prude when it comes to diapers - give me something I can wear for 8 hours without fear of leaking after multiple wettings. Anything less is crap... But I too had to adapt to more absorbent and functional diapers before I developed an appreciation for them. Part of my diaper wearing mentality now includes this: we should be able to change our diaper at OUR convenience (or our care-takers convenience!) which also means that the product should absorb much more than the first flood. Changing every hour is an inconvenience.

Very difficult for any medical diapers to be compared to current day premium ABDL diapees.

I too would recommend peeps dump the shrinkflation corporate garbage and go for better products but the caveat being if you are happy with something don’t let peer pressure change you (lol change you is something you should do when wet.)

Definitely greatfull here the first true diapers I purchased were the green 6 tape depend fitted brief back in the early to mid 90’s I thought they were the best thing ever. Fast forward to today and I have tried countless products but current Abu are just amazing I’m loving the new peakabu. I recently ran out and had to buy Tena maxi which I really liked there older version but the new ones are rubbish and I couldn’t wait for abu to deliver. I truely feel sorry for people suffering incontinence who don’t know how much better the non medical stuff is.
Abu
Rearz
Tykeable
Thankyou for your innovation and wonderful products

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Llayden said:
...take for GRANTED...

But if it's hard you should take it for granite

This... rocks. :biggrin:

I remember using Attends that came in a card board box and was the best at the time.

WABX said:
I remember using Attends that came in a card board box and was the best at the time.

I wore those many years ago, and they felt the most like a baby diaper, and the absorbency was not too bad.

It feels weird seeing all the dislike for Attends. I managed to score a couple bags as my first diapers as freebies from a guy. They're not amazing, but they're the best I'm gonna have for a while.

ABDL premium diapers are - quite literally - a dream come true. They are baby diapers that fit adults, and they perform better than any medical brand. I often thank God that I was born an ABDL after the invention of the internet.

JamieXPassion said:
It feels weird seeing all the dislike for Attends. I managed to score a couple bags as my first diapers as freebies from a guy. They're not amazing, but they're the best I'm gonna have for a while.

Don’t let the “past was better” posts knock your love of your diapees around (sorry lots of us do it) you gotta love the diapees you have got and FREE is a fabulous price to pay ;)

when attends was made by p&g they was great to me anyway they did very well for me in my school days now that paper pak own them they suck even the so called extended wear ones are leaking joke

Ten years ago, Abena X-Plus (now the M4/L4) was pretty damned good, and the Abri-Let Maxi was all fluff and amazing. That combo was a very effective diaper.

Ten years before that, the purple Molicare Supers were pretty damned good.

(Before that, I was in high school, and Attends (and Depend) products from the local grocery / drug stores were all I had readily available.)

The first ABDL disposable diapers I know of (besides DPF's rebadged stuff) were the Classy Comforts, circa about 2007. ABU (first incarnation) and Bambino and others (Buntewindel Fabine, etc) came around shortly thereafter.

WildBlueCrinkle said:
Ten years ago, Abena X-Plus (now the M4/L4) was pretty damned good, and the Abri-Let Maxi was all fluff and amazing. That combo was a very effective diaper.

Ten years before that, the purple Molicare Supers were pretty damned good.

(Before that, I was in high school, and Attends (and Depend) products from the local grocery / drug stores were all I had readily available.)

The first ABDL disposable diapers I know of (besides DPF's rebadged stuff) were the Classy Comforts, circa about 2007. ABU (first incarnation) and Bambino and others (Buntewindel Fabine, etc) came around shortly thereafter.
Babykins still makes the DPF Diaper

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back