How Do You Deal With Getting Older?

tobid03

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Little
I'm a young adult little. I actually look quite young for my age. I'm just wondering how you all deal with getting older, looks-wise. My little side is very connected to my youthful looks, and I'm afraid that once I start looking older (gray hair, wrinkles, etc.) I might have a crisis of some sort. I know that for many of you ABDL is mainly a mental state, but for me it's absolutely a mental and physical state. It's difficult for me to be satisfied with just mentally being a toddler if I'm physically on the whole other side of the spectrum.

I think realism is the most important factor in my little side which is why this is troubling me so much. It's one step from kid to toddler, but it's total opposites from aging to toddler.

I'm 58, I have gray hair a mustache, gray chest hair. Hardening of the arteries an enlarged prostate, high blood pressure, and afib. I'm 5'10 167 pounds, aside from all of that I mentioned which is under control, not many people would take me for almost 59. I guess what I'm saying is, it doesn't matter, it is a matter of perspective, the diapers the play the mindset make me feel better, happier and probably younger. Forget about it, you'll get older and this will still be a good side of you.

I haven't put much, if any, thought into it. I'm 25 but people still place me in my teens. I suppose I already know that my body is that of an adult, but my mind is that of a little kid.

I guess it's one of those things that's so completely out of our control there's not much point in worrying about it. Even right now, I'm sure you, I, and everyone else here doesn't bear much resemblance to an actual toddler. The best we can do is dress the part, and that's something you can do even as you get older. There's no age limit on footie pajamas and cartoon t-shirts - or diapers, of course. ;)

I also haven't really thought about that either, manly because A - I have a hard time seeing myself even at age 33 (in my head I think im 21 still) B - I have a few friends that are into there late 40's through early 60's that are into age play, them and there next of kin are / seem very happy, the conversations I have with them are much more in depth, (less hormones I guess lol) and they know how to have fun, all the while dressed as littles.

I am 60, I look young for my age, but one thing I started doing is shaving from head to toe, so don't have any hair, it would probably be gray if I did, buy it gives me a fresh , young look. And good hygiene when wearing diapers

I think the older you get, the more relaxed you become about appearance. The other funny thing is that you don't notice you and your (similar-age) friends getting older... instead, everyone else seems to look younger!

Age is just a number, anyway.

Getting older is usually a better option than the only realistic alternative.

I have the build of a bear, and I still enjoy age play. As long as it remains hidden from most of the people around me in my daily life, I am cool with that.

I would say that it is an internal thing.
Despite my age of 60, I can still regress and feel little inside.

I'm getting older? [emoji44]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Tobid, dont focus on the age. just do your thing. my 29th birthday was the shocking one for me. i realized my 20s where mostly behind me, but lots of diaper years were ahead of me that i didnt even know about. i still think of myself of someone about the age of your avatar, with wet pants. and life goes onnnnnnnn....

The saving grace to getting older is that it's gradual and you have all that time to adjust to the reality of aging. You also cross the Maginot line of life and death. For me, death will be a release from this hurting, aging body and the start of something new. Maybe there will be nothing, but my feeling is, I was born into this life so logically, I should be born into another life. Regardless, one learns to take life one day at a time and let nature handle everything else. It's not like you have any choice.

As for feeling babyish and regressing, that is such a part of me that it seems to never change, and I can still remember myself as young.

Young looks sometimes fade and that's ok. It's what's on the inside and your environment that matters most. I know for me when I'm around my stuffed animals and I'm watching Blue's Clues I feel happier and comforted.

This is an interesting post.

Personally, I view being an AB as a state of mind. If there is a physical dimension to being an AB, it is purely cosmetic. It is the wearing of diapers and the wearing of baby clothing, that makes me feel and look like a baby, not necessarily my physical attributes. Regardless of how young a person may look, no adult is going to have a perfect baby face and proportions to match, so viewing youthful looks as paramount when it comes to being an AB is a little silly to me.

The best advice I could give is that, maybe you could try to distance the physical side from the mental side. That is to say, perhaps you could regress on a purely mental level and try not to be hyper-conscious of your appearance when you are doing so. I know that may be hard for you, as you have made it clear, that you view AB as a physical and a mental thing, but you can always try. I and many others will always maintain, that it is dressing like, thinking like, acting like and being treated like a baby that makes you, for lack of a better word, a baby :paci:

For the time being though, I'd also suggest, that you not worry about your appearance and aging too much. You are still young, many of us on here are, myself included, we should enjoy our youth because we have no idea what the future holds or how we will age. You may be lucky and you might age gracefully, then again, you might not, nobody knows, age happens, we all have to deal it with it the best we can and I believe we AB's have a real leg up in that regard.

Physical beauty and youthful looks may fade, but your state of mind, that is forever young. As RainbowPenguin said, it's what's on the inside that matters most. Good luck to you :)

Ah to be in my 20s again. I looked quite dashing back then, imo. Some girls thought so, too, but not many. With age comes changes to your body but also your mind ages, good and bad. Bad because you start to forget things but good because you learn things. I wish I knew at 22 what I know now. I would have invested in a company called Microsoft, but I digress.

I have learned with my aging brain so many things, but mostly finances and relationships. My wife says the sexiest thing in the world is growing old together. Everyone ages. Relax. Have fun and some day you can grow older with a special someone.

Maybe it's because I've honestly never felt a connection to the 'face in the mirror' that it doesn't bother me. I actually have plans that if I go all gray, I'm going to dye my hair crazy colors. :3 (even though it's harder to do with gray hair...something about the hair itself makes it harder to get the dye to 'take'.)

Right now, I amuse myself with weird hats, cartoon shirts and big poofy cloud-pants. :3 And when I'm old, I'll probably do the same exact thing except everyone will think "How adorable! A cute little old lady with cartoon shirts." And I'll be like "Muhahaha! That's what YOU think. I'mma woozle. Gonna sneak up and steal your cookies." XD

Never really paid much attention to the fact I am getting older as from the time I turned 20 everyone I have met has told me I look much older. Now at the age of 53 I am told I look like I am 65, the years have not been good for me, could have something to do with the fact I’ve worked 16 hours a day for the past 33 years just to keep a roof over my head, food in my belly, and diapers on my ass.

I deal with it one day at a time. There isn't really an alternative.

Getting older is just a number. 44 and have been abdl since 3yo

Sent from my UL40 using Tapatalk

If I started counting backwards when I hit 30, then I am three.

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

tobid03 said:
I'm just wondering how you all deal with getting older, looks-wise.

Voluntary dissociation and avoiding mirrors. :/

Back