Status
Not open for further replies.

icklespace

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
dose anyone else love mattress covers I love the sound and the sense of security that they bring.

haven't got one but thinking bout it when I got my own place

I love the fact that they protect my mattress. That's probably the most important part. I have one of those fabric/plastic mattress covers so it doesn't make any noise. I have my adult children with their families and sometimes they stay over a couple of nights, so I try to keep things in the house very discreet. But I understand where you're coming from. I have lots of other toddler stimulus type things.

I love my mattress cover but only for the security it gives me. I have no worries that I will damage my mattress and the mattress cover is easy to clean.

Like dogboy's cover, mine does not make any noise (at least none that I can hear) which is just fine for me.

I’m also fond of my plastic mattress cover. For me the attraction comes from the sound and slipperiness which could only mean one thing – “bed-wetter sleeps here”.

I actually Love to Rubb my Diapers and Plastic pants on a nice tight vinyl or plastic mattress cover..Ijust bought one the other day..Can't wait to use it!..:)

The rustling sound is fun but the way it reflected extra heat took some getting used to. After a couple weeks, I didn't notice as much and it has been very helpful with the occasional leak.

i was travelling earlier this year and was really happy when i sat on the bed in the (somewhat) cheep motel. instead of the usual fluff, i sat on a very firm mattrice that crackled!!! i immediately pulled back thesheet and very thin pad to find my good old friend, a vinyl fitted sheet! i was immediately back to my childhood.

I actually like a hotel that has a plastic mattress cover on their beds. Saves me the time of putting my own on which I take when I travel. I have strong ties to plastic mattress covers since I had one on my bed up to age 11 or 12 and then the college dorms always had plastic mattress covers on them (which turned out good for me when my nighttime accidents re-surfaced again when I was 18 at school).

JOCKMAN said:
I actually like a hotel that has a plastic mattress cover on their beds. Saves me the time of putting my own on which I take when I travel. I have strong ties to plastic mattress covers since I had one on my bed up to age 11 or 12 and then the college dorms always had plastic mattress covers on them (which turned out good for me when my nighttime accidents re-surfaced again when I was 18 at school).

my college had plastic mattresses. never saw them before or since. dont know where they came from, definately saved on plastic sheets.

ggreggy said:
my college had plastic mattresses. never saw them before or since. dont know where they came from, definately saved on plastic sheets.

I've slept at a few hotels that had plastic under the sheets. I found it made me heat up and sweat more, I think due to lack of air circulation? Either that or something else or just a mental thing, but it did seem to cause me some symptoms.

bambinod said:
I've slept at a few hotels that had plastic under the sheets. I found it made me heat up and sweat more, I think due to lack of air circulation? Either that or something else or just a mental thing, but it did seem to cause me some symptoms.

It took me a few weeks to really get used to mine. I guess it could be nice when it's chilly but I noticed it right away when I started using one in the warmer months. It's irrelevant now.

I just bought a brand new bed. For the warranty to work i had to have a mattress protector. If you rub your hand on it you could hear the plastic in it.

ggreggy said:

College I attended also had waterproof mattresses in the dorms.

I do like the sound and feel of the vinyl covers, but as bambinod pointed out the lack of air circulation makes me sweat too much. My wife doesn't care for it at all too though. As such, I have a waterproof and breathable cloth cover you can get from walmart.

I love my mattress cover. It helps keep the bed cool, as well as help prevent problems from leaks.
I was laying in the bed and wet a little without a diaper on, not sure what happen, but the vinyl did its job.
Only problem is after a little while it starts to get hard and crinkly and can rip. They are pretty inexpensive however.

When I used to live with my parents i couldnt get one because i would have been caught, but now that i live on my own, I can use them. YESSSSS!!!!!

My Labrador put me through a scare a couple of years ago where he was drinking excessive amounts of water and having accidents, including in bed. Thought it was renal failure. It wasn't. Still don't know what was going on, but he's fine now. Anyway, used it as a perfect excuse to get a plastic mattress cover; this one: LeakMaster - Fitted Waterproof Mattress Cover. It was ... Okay. Crinkled awesomely, and protected the mattress - for a little while. Very quickly, though, it got brittle and hard, and every time I flopped down it'd develop another crack or split. In less than a year it was in pieces and provided no protection. :(

- - - Updated - - -

WBxx said:
College I attended also had waterproof mattresses in the dorms.

They're used extensively in jails, prisons, and psych wards, too :rolleyes:

WildBlueCrinkle said:
My Labrador put me through a scare a couple of years ago where he was drinking excessive amounts of water and having accidents, including in bed. Thought it was renal failure. It wasn't. Still don't know what was going on, but he's fine now. Anyway, used it as a perfect excuse to get a plastic mattress cover; this one: LeakMaster - Fitted Waterproof Mattress Cover. It was ... Okay. Crinkled awesomely, and protected the mattress - for a little while. Very quickly, though, it got brittle and hard, and every time I flopped down it'd develop another crack or split. In less than a year it was in pieces and provided no protection. :(

- - - Updated - - -

Small world, my initial LeakMaster Mattress Cover also failed within a year. But, by occasionally rotating the cover I've managed to get two years on my current and believe it will go several more months before splitting. And yes, the crinkle is special.

Wish I would have gotten a plastic bed cover sooner as I have ruined my second mattress in 6 months from pissing on my bed while sleeping, some times I’d wake up just enough to know I had to piss and I would just lay there and piss even knowing I was not diapered.
Now with my new mattress and plastic cover to protect it I should no longer have to worry if and when I piss my bed again.
To me pissing my bed helps reinforces my desire to become completely incontinent and diaper dependit instead of just being diaper trained.

lonnie said:
Wish I would have gotten a plastic bed cover sooner as I have ruined my second mattress in 6 months from pissing on my bed while sleeping, some times I’d wake up just enough to know I had to piss and I would just lay there and piss even knowing I was not diapered.
Now with my new mattress and plastic cover to protect it I should no longer have to worry if and when I piss my bed again.
To me pissing my bed helps reinforces my desire to become completely incontinent and diaper dependit instead of just being diaper trained.
I thoroughly enjoy my bedwetting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back