Hard Time Getting into Little Space

Status
Not open for further replies.

rainbowpenguin

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Little
I'm curious, does anyone else have a hard time getting into little space when they're stressed or depressed? I'm currently mourning a bad breakup and I find getting into little space is impossible since I'm currently stressed and depressed.

I actually have the opposite problem. When I am sad or depressed sometimes I go into little space without trying. It helps to escape what I am depressed about and forget about everything that is involved with being an adult.
Although I am what I call a lifestyle little (meaning I spend nearly all of my spare time in little mode), there are some times when I NEED to be in adult mose and if I am depressed I find it much harder to do this.

Same here, opposite problem, when I'm stressed and or depressed, I find that diapering up, regressing and going into baby-mode actually lifts my spirits and relieves a ton of stress. Maybe you are just worried or anxious following the break-up, when I am worried about stuff in my daily life or over anxious sometimes that'll inhibit my regression time. I find that the only times I struggle to regress are if I have a full plate, lots of work or University assignments to keep track of or if I'm feverish and sick.

In any event, wait things out, deal with your stress and depression properly, maybe even retreat into some other hobbies until you feel the drive to regress again. I have faith that if you wait things out, the clouds will part and you'll be regressing and enjoying life again in no time :)

Poofybutt said:
Same here, opposite problem, when I'm stressed and or depressed, I find that diapering up, regressing and going into baby-mode actually lifts my spirits and relieves a ton of stress. Maybe you are just worried or anxious following the break-up, when I am worried about stuff in my daily life or over anxious sometimes that'll inhibit my regression time. I find that the only times I struggle to regress are if I have a full plate, lots of work or University assignments to keep track of or if I'm feverish and sick.

In any event, wait things out, deal with your stress and depression properly, maybe even retreat into some other hobbies until you feel the drive to regress again. I have faith that if you wait things out, the clouds will part and you'll be regressing and enjoying life again in no time :)

Yeah I think the fact I have a lot on my mind right now is the problem. Thanks for the advice I’ll try that out. :)

rainbowpenguin said:
Yeah I think the fact I have a lot on my mind right now is the problem. Thanks for the advice I’ll try that out. :)

You're very welcome :)

Yeah, whenever you have a lot on your plate, finding the time to regress can be difficult. I often have that same problem, whenever I'm finishing up a contract or tackling some University related work. Take your time, sort things out and you'll see, that desire to be little and regress will reveal itself to you again and you'll have plenty of time and peace of mind to make good on that :)

Last edited:
I do, but then my wife reminds me that is the time I need to be regressed, to let go of whatever it is I am stressing about.

Sometimes she will try and take me to the back to diaper me, to baby me, and I tell her, "no": that my mood and being "little" don't go together, that is when she reminds me that I need to be little to let go of that mood. Ya know what? She is right, it may take a few minutes; but diapering up, grabbing my blankie and paci and taking a nap usually fixes it. I wake up with an entirely new perspective. The problem is not so bad anymore.

Maybe you need to look at it differently rainbowpenguin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back