How did you get over your guilt and shame?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still In guilt and shame For wearing diapers and Pull-Ups but I'm REALLY hoping that I'll finally Come to terms to Accept myself.

Who says I was ever ashamed of my diapers?
Now Gender Dysphagia... That took almost 35 years.

It took me many years to get over the guilt and shame, but then it all came rushing back when I told my wife almost three years ago because she tore me a new one when I told her. I am now slowly working myself back to acceptance no thanks to my wife.

Addy said:
-Guilt is what we feel when I have DONE something wrong.
-Shame is when we feel I am what is wrong.
That's actually a really good way of putting it. Thank you. Also, your avatar is heckin' cute. <3

My life from childhood on has been a mosaic of things I was ashamed of... wanting to wear girl clothes, wanting to be a girl, my kinks and fetishes, my mental illnesses, on and on and on. Like you I absorbed and internalized a lot of shaming and secondhand embarrassment from my parents, and it wasn't until I finally tackled my gender issues in my mid-30s that I began to find some self-acceptance. Working with a therapist got me to a point where I could accept and embrace my gender identity and my mental health issues, but acceptance of kinks has been much harder... like wearing diapers, my kinks are completely harmless but considered gross by "polite society" so acceptance and validation are a little harder to come by.

Honestly, I'm just coming to terms of it as of this month. Way back when during my ears I always wanted to be little. Just the simplicity, the bright colours, and the easier time made me relax. As we as the diapers. ( Noted that when I was a baby, my parents could never afford those thing. ) However, it wasn't until 2012 or 2011 after graduating High School when I finally began to focus on just... well, me. To this side became clear and I after that I joined this community. I wanted to find out if here were others that were like me. To which, thanks to everyone I felt welcomed and normal ( saying normal in a lose term ). I socialized, made friends, and wrote stories that were clean/abdl related. I was well known for my stories, and adorable art throughout the years( mostly an an art website).
Although, it wasn't until I had stopped being active here that I began to slip and become disgusted with myself. I always slipped into the "pleasing everyone" phase. Something I naturally grew up on. And thus, made me drop that side of me not once, but multiple times. I didn't know anyone outside of here yet until some years ago. I some times came to terms but then, at the same time I always felt guilty and overly disgusted even when I knew it was more about me and more about making me feel warm and fuzzy, you know. It wasn't hurting anyone of, course. And it actually made a positive emotional and mental impact on me every time I had some me time; just doodling and acting smol. Heck, I had better sleeping patterns when I was hugging a blanket and wearing a diaper.
It wasn't until 2018 this month where I decided to give it another go officially and so far I have a friend who's kinda been there through my phases. So, I'm hoping along with my rough patches in life, I can officially come to terms. Unlike back then, I can afford the things I actually want! In fact, I bought my dream diapers and I just recently bought my first onesie ( which the onesie is supposed to arrive very soon; onesies downunder. ) so, I look forward to what the future holds.

Becoming incontinent and dependant on nappies 24/7 removed all the shame I felt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back