Wearing at College

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scamander14

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Little
So the background is that my college’s dorms are refurbished apartments and they have two bedrooms (one large and one small), a bathroom, a small kitchen, and a small living room. I am sharing the apartment with three other people and a room with one of the three people.

I’m really debating whether or not I should buy diapers. I get to move onto campus three weeks early before everyone else which makes things easier. I am setting aside some cash and storing it away. I also have about $20 in change. I’m waiting to get coin-roll-things to put the coins in so I can switch them out for cash.

Should I go to something like a Walgreens late at night or something when I move in (for those first 3 weeks)? Should I tell someone that I have some personal business to take care of? (I’m a part of a program at the college so, other’s are moving in at the same time as me.)

I have extremely high-functioning Asperger’s and I have woken up with wet pants/a wet bed when I’ve gone through big changes (and/or traumatic experiences) in my life.

I’m actually lookin forward to college so I’m not worried about it being, “traumatic,” per say. But I am a little afraid that I may wake up with wet pants, a wet bed, or both.

I’m a AB and a little bit of DL. I posted this here because it has to do more with actual diapers.

Any advice is welcomed. XD. :D

Next time you go to Wal Mart or a place that has self check outs take your coins and use that for payment and keep your cash at home if you are buying less than 20 dollars worth of items. if you take the coins to coinstar they will charge you 8-10 percent for the service or a bank some banks will take the wrapped coins into the back of the counter and rip them open and put them into a counter depending on the bank they will charge you for it sad to say. best bet is the advice I said above . At Wal Mart the self checkout coin slots have a hinged slot you can lift up and start dumping the coins into it KEY is doing it slowly so the sorter will be able to catch up to the volume.
As far as the diapers sounds like you will need diapers for overnights and getting a higher quality would be better. You can get the diapers delivered to the dorm and you would save yourself the drama. Diaperconn or Northshore can get them to you easy peasy.

The only thing I’m worried about ordering online is that my mom does my taxes. Her and I reached a wonderful agreement: She doesn’t like the AB-scene but she said she still loves me and doesn’t mind if I take part in it in a careful manner. I don’t want to make her feel uncomfortable when we’re going over my taxes. Right now, I feel more comfortable with going to Walmart. Also, thanks for the advice on the change/$$$.

xpluswearer said:
Next time you go to Wal Mart or a place that has self check outs take your coins and use that for payment and keep your cash at home if you are buying less than 20 dollars worth of items. if you take the coins to coinstar they will charge you 8-10 percent for the service or a bank some banks will take the wrapped coins into the back of the counter and rip them open and put them into a counter depending on the bank they will charge you for it sad to say. best bet is the advice I said above . At Wal Mart the self checkout coin slots have a hinged slot you can lift up and start dumping the coins into it KEY is doing it slowly so the sorter will be able to catch up to the volume.
As far as the diapers sounds like you will need diapers for overnights and getting a higher quality would be better. You can get the diapers delivered to the dorm and you would save yourself the drama. Diaperconn or Northshore can get them to you easy peasy.

- - - Updated - - -

Can you recommend the best diapers I could find at Walmart?

xpluswearer said:

Scamander14 said:
The only thing I’m worried about ordering online is that my mom does my taxes. Her and I reached a wonderful agreement: She doesn’t like the AB-scene but she said she still loves me and doesn’t mind if I take part in it in a careful manner. I don’t want to make her feel uncomfortable when we’re going over my taxes. Right now, I feel more comfortable with going to Walmart. Also, thanks for the advice on the change/$$$.

- - - Updated - - -

Can you recommend the best diapers I could find at Walmart?
Well For Wal Mart I would say if you could order online at Walmart.com I would say 2 top choices of what they sell allbeit they are on the mid to low end of the scale.
1. Attends with waistband style
2. Tranquilly ATN ones
If you want a cloth backed garbage go with Tena.
You can order then to ship to store or order them to get shipped to your dorm they should come in a blue purplish Wal Mart box with the Wal Mart logo on it.

For my two cents, I don't see how diaper purchases would show up on one's taxes unless some sort of hospitalization/medicare/medicaid is paying for it. Even then, it wouldn't be enough expense to deduct as a medical deduction. Most of what shows up on taxes is income earned and deductions.

If you have the space and privacy to indulge, then go for it. As I said in some of your previous threads, the desire to wear and explore more when you have a place of your own can be overwhelming and sometimes, if time and space allows, it's a good idea to start exploring when you can. Based on your apartment set up and the mail situation, I see no reason why you can't either buy a pair of briefs from a pharmacy or simply order some primo AB diapers online and have them dropped right at your dormitory door.

As Dogboy has said, diapers usually wouldn't make it on your taxes at all, unless they are covered by some sort of health insurance or a legal write off/claim.

If you have a joint account with your mother, like I did for quite some time, you could be worried about her stumbling on the expenses in your credit section. I'll let you in on a secret, don't worry about that. As I said, I was in a similar situation, I had a joint account between myself and my mother for my first few years of University, she had access to all of my purchases and finances. When you order from places like ABU, the company name that appears on your credit card statement shows up as a legitimate and sterile business name, it offers no inkling of what was purchased or that the company is for AB/DL's. Also, as long as you make your payments on time and manage your money well, your mother likely won't pry. My mother never checked my expenses when our accounts were entwined and the charges never showed up under ABU or anything remotely resembling an ABDL company, so ordering online is likely an option that should still be open to you. Ordering online is also one of the most convenient and discrete ways to go about purchasing diapers.

However you choose to procure your diapers, make sure you enjoy them responsibly and have fun :)

Sounds like this is more for a legitimate medical need, so I wonder if your campus health department can help you with supplies.

TheWolfEmperor said:
Sounds like this is more for a legitimate medical need, so I wonder if your campus health department can help you with supplies.
Most universities truly only have a glorified summer camp first aid station. That is unless your Harvard, University of Michigan or Johns Hopkins where you have a medical school at your disposal. Shoot they barely have band aids they mostly dispense medications that require a doctor or medical personnel to administer. or dispense a condom or plan B pill. Doubtful that they buy diapers to give out willy nilly. Basically take your temp blood pressure and do a quickie look in the throat and then refer you to the ER or urgent care facility. Only time I went there was to get steri stripped for a cut on the leg from a tool sharpening snafu. Otherwise I had a good relation with my family doc that I could call and get the nurse and she would relay to doc and get back to me in minutes and have medication shipped to me quickly if it is something that needs meds. Otherwise its do as doc says and your okay.

The only times I’ve wet the bed are when my parents divorced on 2012, when my mother was overseas taking care of a relative, and a hospital stay.

This isn’t relavent but it helps explain my answer. I’ve been questioning my sexuality for a long time and my college has a LGBT group. But, one of the supervisors is a nun/sister. So, I’m not sure if I should tell my school’s medical department that I need diapers when I’ve never had them.

TheWolfEmperor said:

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for the advice.

My mother is a successful businesswoman who owns multiple companies including a tax practice. She finds the
AB-scene gross and she found out when I had to stay in a psychiatric section of a hospital. She does not like it at all and said she only wants me to indulge when I am 100% independent. (College is not 100% independent) My mother and I both know to track IP addresses. (Which is why I use an onion-router sometimes)

I do not want to make her uncomfortable and unhappy. (She’s done a lot to help me and I don’t want jeapordize the relationship with the parent that loves me unconditionally.

It kind of went like this

My mother: I do not like this stuff. But I still love you.

Me: Okay?

My mother: when you are on your own I do not care what you do.

Me: Thanks. Kind of, what happens in the bedroom stays there?

My mother: Yes, sexual or not sexual. I’m just afraid of people outing you. That’s why you can’t post this stuff online.

The conversation, years ago, had a mushy ending. I was 16 at that time. My mother lost her father the year before this and has PTSD because of it. I think she couldn’t handle her son wanting to do something so...extremely different. I can’t do that to her again.

So, I will have to buy prepaid cards like a Visa Card. I’d go to the bank, go to the store or online, and buy whatever it is I want.

I think I might fake wetting the bed in my dorm. I know diapers will help me cope with living on my own. I can’t drive back and forth to my mom’s house all the time because it is a waste of gas. I do know this is something I have to do.

NeverKnow said:
As noted, online purchases won't show up on your taxes. They will show up on whatever credit card you use, so if your mother looks over your credit card you'd want to think about that. Most places are pretty discreet. Rearz will says "RRZ INC", ABU will say "Strom Holdings LLC", etc. (Tykables is supposed to say "Tyk", which isn't itself that great, though they have goofed a few times and I have a few "Tykables" on my credit card statement.) It really depends on how closely she would be looking. If someone shells out a hundred dollars to "Strom Holdings" every few months, one might wonder what "Strom Holdings" is, which Google would quickly reveal.

The absolute safest way to buy online, though, would be to buy a prepaid credit card. Then none of your online purchases will show on your bank or credit card statements. But that's a pretty extreme measure of caution that would only be worth undertaking if you really think your mother will be looking closely at your bank statement and would care.

Realistically, though, if she has said to you that she doesn't mind that you partake of AB things in a careful manner, then I don't see why you should worry about it much. Just don't spend too much money on diapers. If it comes up, just say it's an AB thing. But it doesn't sound like it would come up, unless you two go over every item on your credit card statement and she asks you what it is.

There's another advantage to buying online, that it is just easier. You don't have to steal away and find some way to carry diapers back to your room. Any residential college should have a way of receiving packages. It is much more convenient. And you don't have to buy anything in a store.

As regards your wearing in college question: If you really think you could wet the bed during the transition, then I'd say why not wear?

I first started wearing in college when I had a roommate. My wearing was pretty restricted; I would only put on or take off a diaper in our room when I was certain that he was in class. Otherwise, I did all of my changing in single-use restrooms (which are fortunately pretty easy to find on most college campuses). But I didn't wear very frequently. It would have been hard to do so without my roommate figuring out. I'd think that wearing secretly around a roommate who sleeps in the same room would be pretty difficult; if I were in your situation, I would just tell my roommate that I sometimes wear diapers for bedwetting, and wanted to let him know so he wouldn't be surprised or embarrassed, but I'll keep it clean and out of sight. He won't care or want any more details, and it would save you a big headache.

- - - Updated - - -

It is a medical thing. I am not IC; only in times of extreme stress. (So three time/periods through out my life.

xpluswearer said:
Most universities truly only have a glorified summer camp first aid station. That is unless your Harvard, University of Michigan or Johns Hopkins where you have a medical school at your disposal. Shoot they barely have band aids they mostly dispense medications that require a doctor or medical personnel to administer. or dispense a condom or plan B pill. Doubtful that they buy diapers to give out willy nilly. Basically take your temp blood pressure and do a quickie look in the throat and then refer you to the ER or urgent care facility. Only time I went there was to get steri stripped for a cut on the leg from a tool sharpening snafu. Otherwise I had a good relation with my family doc that I could call and get the nurse and she would relay to doc and get back to me in minutes and have medication shipped to me quickly if it is something that needs meds. Otherwise its do as doc says and your okay.

- - - Updated - - -

If you google what company is on the bill, you will find out what was brought form that company.

dogboy said:
For my two cents, I don't see how diaper purchases would show up on one's taxes unless some sort of hospitalization/medicare/medicaid is paying for it. Even then, it wouldn't be enough expense to deduct as a medical deduction. Most of what shows up on taxes is income earned and deductions.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks. I’ll look into that.

xpluswearer said:
Well For Wal Mart I would say if you could order online at Walmart.com I would say 2 top choices of what they sell allbeit they are on the mid to low end of the scale.
1. Attends with waistband style
2. Tranquilly ATN ones
If you want a cloth backed garbage go with Tena.
You can order then to ship to store or order them to get shipped to your dorm they should come in a blue purplish Wal Mart box with the Wal Mart logo on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back