Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Little
Hello,

I am new to posting on this site so just trying out different sections/forums and trying to talk to new people.

I just wanted to know what people thought about the world cup so far? Who are you supporting? Who do you think will win? I would love to hear people's thoughts and opinions!

Thanks!
Mike2018

I always root for Portugal as I have Portuguese blood and family in Lisbon and parts of Cape Verde. So far they've been performing about as well as expected. I'm also rooting for Iceland, once again, I have some Icelandic in me as well. Historically, I've also rooted for Germany and Japan, Germany because I also have some German ancestry and I root for Japan because I love the culture.

At this point, I don't know who will win, this years tournament has been so wide open, I mean, did anyone expect teams like Croatia, Belgium and Russia to be performing so well? I also think Japan, Senegal and Serbia have been performing far better than expected. It also shocks me that so many established soccer powers are playing so poorly, I haven't been terribly impressed by Argentina, England, Germany or Brazil and even Colombia looks worse for wear. I have a feeling Germany, England and Brazil will advance to the round of 16, but could be early exits during that phase. I doubt either Argentina or Colombia can make a comeback and advance, even Brazil will have their hands full with a very good Serbian team in their next game.

So far I've been liking Portugal, Spain, Mexico, Belgium and France, I think those teams could go very far.

Last edited:
This world cup has been great so far, most teams look like they're in excellent form. Portugal v Morocco the other night was fantastic. Ronaldo has been absolutely going off, such a great time watching him play each game. My home team Australia has been kinda struggling which is a bit sad to see but we've been making a serious, respectable effort I feel. Watching soccer is a special childhood memory for me so watching it for the first time in years and staying up till 3am to watch with my housemate has been so much fun. Can't wait for the rest. :)

I first got into football during UEFA Euro 2008. I wanted Germany to win and they came in second with Spain winning the tournament. Germany won the '14 FIFA World Cup and I hope they win this year.

Poofybutt said:
I always root for Portugal as I have Portuguese blood and family in Lisbon and parts of Cape Verde. So far they've been performing about as well as expected. I'm also rooting for Iceland, once again, I have some Icelandic in me as well. Historically, I've also rooted for Germany and Japan, Germany because I also have some German ancestry and I root for Japan because I love the culture.

At this point, I don't know who will win, this years tournament has been so wide open, I mean, did anyone expect teams like Croatia, Belgium and Russia to be performing so well? I also think Japan, Senegal and Serbia have been performing far better than expected. It also shocks me that so many established soccer powers are playing so poorly, I haven't been terribly impressed by Argentina, England, Germany or Brazil and even Colombia looks worse for wear. I have a feeling Germany, England and Brazil will advance to the round of 16, but could be early exits during that phase. I doubt either Argentina or Colombia can make a comeback and advance, even Brazil will have their hands full with a very good Serbian team in their next game.

So far I've been liking Portugal, Spain, Mexico, Belgium and France, I think those teams could go very far.

As an England fan I can't really say I want Portugal or Germany to do well, but I guess I am still slightly bitter about 2004 Euros, 2006 and 2010 World Cups haha ;), but I will still say good luck!
I agree with you that this tournament has been wide open, I defiantly wouldn't put a bet on any game as a lot of them seem to be decided on individual errors, one players class or a VAR decision (which in my opinion has been terrible so far, especially in the Portugal v Iran game).
Again good luck to the teams you're supporting, unless they come up against England :)

- - - Updated - - -

Cillow said:
This world cup has been great so far, most teams look like they're in excellent form. Portugal v Morocco the other night was fantastic. Ronaldo has been absolutely going off, such a great time watching him play each game. My home team Australia has been kinda struggling which is a bit sad to see but we've been making a serious, respectable effort I feel. Watching soccer is a special childhood memory for me so watching it for the first time in years and staying up till 3am to watch with my housemate has been so much fun. Can't wait for the rest. :)

Unfortunately I missed Portugal v Morocco as I was at work, but Japan vs Columbia for me has been one of the most entertaining games even though Columbia were down to ten men.
I have huge respect for the Australian team. They may not have the best players but they try to make up for that with team work and passion which is what I like about them, so I hope you can get a result against Peru! (If it doesn't go your way I'm sure winning the Ashes the next time that comes around will help ease world cup disappointment ;)). I would love to see a game between England and Australia one day at a world cup, I think that would be an interesting game!

I would love to see someone other than the usual subjects win it all this year. So I was pleased when Korea knocked off Germany. So far I find myself rooting for Croatia and Mexico. Both of these teams attack and play well in close quarters.

It's an open tournament now. Anyone can win it!

My wish seems to be materializing most of the perennial big names are gone. Brazil is the only one standing maybe followed by France. For me that makes it more fun to watch all of the underdogs fight.

I think its safe to say it has been one of the more interesting world cups with underdogs beating the bigger nations and VAR.

Come on England...They have made me believe again.

And yes it is quite an interesting and world cup with top teams getting knocked out, VAR antics and more penalties than ever (including England wining a shootout).

BabyBoyRyan said:
Come on England...They have made me believe again.

And yes it is quite an interesting and world cup with top teams getting knocked out, VAR antics and more penalties than ever (including England wining a shootout).

It's coming home! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back