1998 pampers and SDK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Warmness

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
So, Obviously ABU has made their SDK's which is basiclly the 1998 pampers in adult size, my question is, is there any other brand that makes adult diapers similar to the 1998 pampers? I'm just a fan of that design, but when I research them, ABU seems to be the only company that carries anything similar.

ABU I understand went to a lot of trouble to buy the art from the taping panel from those diapers that P&G had long since sold to another company.

Their was a situation a while ago the a former owner of ABU tried to relaunch the original SDKs but he got shot down pretty quick, I am guessing he broke copyright?

Not sure how Rearz got away with making their batch but I would take it the designs are ABU property and I think �� if the recent Tykables experience is anything to go by ABU will protect their property.

I grabbed Vintage Replica from Rearz when they tried a test run of them. They were basically a 4-tape version of their Little Squirts, with a white shell and a "pampers lookalike" pattern.

AFAIK, they never made another run.

attachment.php

Rearz probably poached the design in an effort to make a few quick bucks like usual lol

As much as I like the new sdk, I still love the late run of the original sdk (the 1.5s I guess you could call them). I’d definitely be a buyer for more of those, I cleaned out the remaining cases of those from rearz a year or so ago 😆

So there really isnt any other replicas that are available that are similar to 90's pampers is there...?

Unfortunately there isn’t another maker of these, I luckily had the best of both worlds and actually wore real 1998 pampers baby dry size 6 regularly as a DL, I was a very skinny 13 year old at the time. The Abu brand comes close but not quite but it’s the closest thing out there, waist band is a little high personally. Kiddo’s on the other hand have the closet fit / comfort that mimics baby diapers of the mid & late 90’s. Front waist band is the best!!!

Warmness said:
So there really isnt any other replicas that are available that are similar to 90's pampers is there...?

I've still got an unopened bag of Vintage Replica Large upstairs, maybe I ought to auction it off ;)

Nope nope no others that we know of and with ABU owning the gorgeous taping panel design I can’t see anyone else (legally) doing a run in the future.

On the flip side though their has been a bit of talk here about Rearz Inspire Select “Designed to replicate the all white Pampers from the 80's with a soft blue inner sheet.”

https://rearz.ca/diaperlife-inspire-select-12/

Argent said:
Nope nope no others that we know of and with ABU owning the gorgeous taping panel design I can’t see anyone else (legally) doing a run in the future.

On the flip side though their has been a bit of talk here about Rearz Inspire Select “Designed to replicate the all white Pampers from the 80's with a soft blue inner sheet.”

ah what the heck why not, will give them a try. Hard to go wrong with Rearz, and I don't mind checking out another attempt at a good single-tape diaper.

rant(s) - Rearz is making it difficult to compare capacities:

- Inspire are rated in cups (<20, ie <4730mL)
- Safari/ICC/Pink/Black in mL (4864ml-5385ml)
- Rebels in mL which varies by size (4900-5300)
- Select (no stated capacity)

That, and a case of InspireInContro is half the diapers you get in a case of InspireInControl... It's like it's some kind of a game we have to play for them, it's easier to get straight answers from a used car salesman!

Also a reminder for those of you in the USA, when it asks which Canadian post you want to use, click the less-than-obvious link below the CA options that says UPS to see the cheaper UPS rates.

sooooo the million dollar question here is.... are these based on Inspire, or InspireInControl?

Argent said:

If they really want to duplicate how Pampers were before they had the taping panels, they would have to be very substantial. By substantial, I would mean very thick, with a very shiny, soft outer plastic and a very soft, quilted liner. I can't say for sure if they would be all that authentic. Confidry 24/7's are about as close in materials as one can get to the vintage Pampers made around 1981.

The Rearz Inspire Select are damn good if you want a vintage diaper. They are soft, probably not as soft as real plastic diapers were, but soft nevertheless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back