Status
Not open for further replies.

intfusmil

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
Anyone have experience with Baby Pants brand or any other version of training pants? What was your experience?

I've thought about purchasing for awhile but didn't know how much practical use I'd get from them. Considered using a couple of boosters to create a GoodNites type experience.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Great item but if you are going to continue to wet,keep the diapers on.

Thanks, I know it's implied in the name but didn't know if there was even any remote absorbency or if it was just glorified "front entry-less" underwear and worth the investment beyond a role play. I wouldn't mind the occasional accident. I might give them a try even if wearing over my diapers.

i havent tried babypants training pants but i have tried others there is a lot of absorbancy esp if you wear two pair. but if you pee you will get your pants and anything you are sitting on wet. but isnt that to point? you are in training, not a big boy yet.

I have a pair of Babypants Training pants. They're okay, They're exactly what they're advertised to be though, Training Pants, They are exactly what ab/dls asked for, Toddlers Training pants just bigger. They're meant to be only damp and that's about it, soakings they aren't that good at dealing with. As for a messing I've not tried and I don't plan to, I feel like that just wouldn't go well. However they're fun if you want to wear 'protection' (That you don't really plan on using) while out because no one will really ever find out. Full wettings work if you have plastic panties but when was the last time you saw a toddler wearing training pants AND plastic panties? I know I haven't.

Edit*: Then again I hate children and do whatever I can to stay away from them so I guess I'm not the best person to ask that question to XD

Good to know...it's always nice to feel a little bit of "padding" and was considering a booster to simulate a pull-up. My reasoning is dual purpose. The first is above, even though I identify way more DL than AB.

The second, reminds me of my first wetting experiences growing up. I was 10 or 11 and am young enough to have lived through the cartoon-print brief underwear era. I found two pair of "Taz" briefs from when I was a few years younger in the bottom of a drawer.

Obviously a little more snug now, I'd double them up and wet them and then bury them in the laundry. It was a beautiful thing, until it wasn't and got caught. It would be years until I tried anything again.

I use Baby Pants training pants regularly and like them. They come in two levels of absorbency: thicker (My First Training Pants) and thinner (Almost a Big Kid). I use only the "My First" because they absorb more. I am a bedwetter and so wear every night (or even if I know I will take a nap in the daytime). I think they absorb fairly well--and two pair do a better job. I personally prefer cloth over disposable, and prefer pull-on style pants over tape-on or pin-on. I have also found that Babykins (Canada) has very good cloth pull-on training pants as well as pin-on or even velcro diapers. My suggestion if you wear two pair of training pants: wear the inner pair in your regular size and the outer pair in the next size larger to make the fit more comfortable. Also, they do not have a waterproof cover so you must wear waterproof pants over the training pants. I also like Babypants PUL pants. They are a bit noisy, but hold the wetness in very well.

Baby-pants training pants are my constant underwear for days I'm not diapered, which is most days. I don't wet in them, just wear them as underpants because they are so very comfortable. I wear the "Almost a Big Kid", the thinner variety.

I have a couple pair from Baby Pants and also a couple pair from Rearz. I enjoy both quite a bit. Sometimes I will wear them with a booster and a pair of plastic pants with a pair of sweat pants over the top if I plan on using them. This works well - no leaks for a single moderate wetting and the training pants become nicely damp. Absorbency even with a booster is still much less then a typical AB/DL diaper but good enough for 1 moderate wetting for me. However because they're pullups they're much easier to get on and off than a real cloth diaper and easier to move around in. Like dogboy I also will sometimes wear these to work just as underpants and not for wetting. Both the Baby Pants and Rearz versions are very comfortable.

AddyShadows real toddlers do wear training pants and plastic covers. It is an option and they are available. Having done a lot of potty training, I recommend to parents, training pants that are combined with covers as one piece. They are easier for adults and child to get up and down, instead of having to pull the covers down and then the training pants. Hoping the two don't get tangled making getting them up difficult. Modern PUL material looks a lot like cloth and that is often what is used, although plastic is still common. And I also recommend to parents ones with side snaps. They make dealing with poopy pants much easier.
First were the old rubber covers, then heavy plastic, lighter plastic and currently they are mostly waterproof fabric (these have side snaps).
yyxg905.jpg

aTqwFtc.jpg

ZD9rCFd.jpg

QMLu824.jpg

Last edited:
woodenpotty said:

As an early baby boomer I’m drawn to your “hard plastic” training pant. Sure wish they made them in adult sizes. Or perhaps they do?

I have no idea, these are toddler size. They are not the cheapest thing out there. I believe the person who sells these imports them from India. So maybe there is a source in India. Or even a source for this plastic to have some made, sorry I can't be more help.

- - - Updated - - -

:sad:Oh I see them on EBAY every once & a while. They weren't there today. Perhaps they come over here in a batch and when they get more they will advertise them again & then you can contact them through EBAY.

Old style training pants

After WBxx's post I started thinking. :think: As an early baby boomer I don't have any memories of my potty training. But I do have for the neighbor's kids. Living in Chicago, houses were close together and LOTS of kids. We were all in and out of other families house all the time. I do remember the hard plastic training pants on younger kids. I do remember seeing a few times the old -real rubber pants. The others came later. Who else has childhood memories of training pants?

woodenpotty said:
After WBxx's post I started thinking. :think: As an early baby boomer I don't have any memories of my potty training. But I do have for the neighbor's kids. Living in Chicago, houses were close together and LOTS of kids. We were all in and out of other families house all the time. I do remember the hard plastic training pants on younger kids. I do remember seeing a few times the old -real rubber pants. The others came later. Who else has childhood memories of training pants?

i remember the thick cotton training pants with the waffel sides. i wore them for a long time since mom and aunt mary took us out of diapers one day even though the potty training was not going too well. i ended up in training pants for years, i think.

I use the First Training Pants as a transition from night time diaper system with boosters to my everday Hanes underwear. I enjoy the comfort of a dry close fit. I have both sizes, large and medium, in the various patterns and colors. I use the mediums (tight fit on 39 inch hips) but gives me more of the feeling of a baby pullup diaper.
Baby-Pants are a great product - try them, but don't depend on retaining much wetness unless using other covers.

I had one or two pairs of training pants, purchased decades ago, that I used more for comfort, than convenience. Eventually, this became one of the things my wife could "do" for me, make training pants. Over the years, I've received probably a dozen pairs, with lots of cute designs, and different elastics choices, etc. I use them as I see fit, alone (single, double, triple), w or w/o plastic pants, sometimes as a stuffer inside disposables (single/double), or, more recently, over a pull-up, as an extra measure against leaks, still with a pul pant to guarantee nothing gets wet, except my dipes.

Use your imagination. I do.

I ordered baby pants....the my first ones. They came today. Super comfy and love the look but tested with a light wetting and they didn't make it. Overall very satisfied. Enjoyed the "accident"

I have two pairs of the my first training pants, and although the fit around the waist is good, I would prefer if the rise was a bit taller or the elastic at the top was about an inch taller. It would just fit my body better that way.

They fit me like a glove. I was super impressed. I felt like I'd gone back 30 years just pulling them on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back