OK, I am confused AB/LITTLE/FURRY

Status
Not open for further replies.

littlemoosey

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
The other evening my wife was reading on ADISC and there was a post that referred to "FURRIES". She asked me, "What's a FURRY?" I thought I knew and tried to explain it, then I realized I don't even know.

So, I went to the FURRIES section found a link, and to me a Furry sounds an awful lot like an AB/LITTLE. So, what is the distinction between all of them? It must be very subtle as I am totally missing it. Am I a FURRY?

Could someone please explain to me as if I was a 2 year old;) ?

Brace yourself for even more terms.

From what I understand via my own experiences with Furries, Furries are anthropomorphic animal enthusiasts or fans... people who express themselves by developing fursonas... an animal alter ego if you will. Some of them commission art featuring their fursonas, some of them take things a step further and procure fur-suits that they wear in order to role-play as their fursona's. I think for most, it's a hobby, a past time, something they do to relax and connect with others, in that regard it is somewhat similar to being an AB. Some view being a Furry as a part of who they are just like an AB/DL would and I'm quite sure some of them probably participate for fetish purposes just like some AB/DL's would. To drag out some of the similarities a bit further, there is even a subset of the Furry community that overlaps with ABDL interests directly, they tend to be referred to as babyfurs (AB end of the spectrum) or diaperfurs (DL end of the spectrum). Now, most Furries are only similar to us in so far as they are taking part in an alternative form of expression and role-play. I'd argue that many explore being a Furry in order to satiate desires that are very different from our own, for instance, I don't think your typical Furry wants to regress, wear a diaper and be taken care of, unless they happen to be a diaperfur or a babyfur.

Finally, full disclosure, I am not a Furry myself, but I know some people who are and I have even met a few who were curious about AB/DL and attended a local AB/Little munch I was visiting. Unless you have an animal alter ego or think you would fancy dressing up in a fursuit and a diaper, then no you're not a Furry or a Diaperfur/Babyfur, just an AB like myself.

If I'm off base in my definitions or outlines at all, I am sure some of the babyfur and diaperfur members on this very forum will chime in to clarify things.

*cracks knuckles*

I was a fur before I knew what it even WAS.

You like animals who act like people? You could be a furry. :3 It's a wider range of acceptance than a lot of people think. You could honestly just be there for the art/stories. You could feel like you have a spirit animal guiding you, you could think you WERE the spirit animal. But mostly it's art, stories, music and a community to share them with. Yep, it's odd. Nope, most of them don't care. I literally started being a 'fur' when I was a kid. I really liked all of the talking animals in cartoons and movies, so I started making up my own characters. Then when I finally got the internet I found out there were a bunch of other people like me.

A lot of people just really like a certain kind of animal and think "wouldn't it be cool if I could be a rabbit? I could totally run fast and be really athletic!" or "I'd love to be a dog! They're so nice and they love everyone without judging!" Or you could just think tigers look pretty badass. :3

And no, regular ol' furries don't want to wear diapers and a lot of them are very much against such an idea, but they're boogerheads and I ignore them. Mostly this is because of two things, either they don't like the idea of someone wearing and using a diaper (there have been incidents at conventions for furries) or they think it's linked to pedophilia.

AB = Babyfur (BF) or Littlefur (LF) - Babyfurs are generally younger than Littlefurs, mostly infant age when regressed. Littlefurs usually have a regressed age of toddler+ and that's why there's a distinction. ;) But it's not always a hard-and-fast rule that you have to use one or the other.

DL = Diaperfur (DF) - A fur-covered diaper lover. :3

Poofybutt is pretty spot on. :3

littlemoosey said:
The other evening my wife was reading on ADISC and there was a post that referred to "FURRIES". She asked me, "What's a FURRY?" I thought I knew and tried to explain it, then I realized I don't even know.

So, I went to the FURRIES section found a link, and to me a Furry sounds an awful lot like an AB/LITTLE. So, what is the distinction between all of them? It must be very subtle as I am totally missing it. Am I a FURRY?

Could someone please explain to me as if I was a 2 year old;) ?

Wow, great answer, thank you. I'm relieved not because I don't love animals, I just didn't want to add more initials to my logo;)

- - - Updated - - -

CuddleWoozle said:
*cracks knuckles*

I was a fur before I knew what it even WAS.

You like animals who act like people? You could be a furry. :3 It's a wider range of acceptance than a lot of people think. You could honestly just be there for the art/stories. You could feel like you have a spirit animal guiding you, you could think you WERE the spirit animal. But mostly it's art, stories, music and a community to share them with. Yep, it's odd. Nope, most of them don't care. I literally started being a 'fur' when I was a kid. I really liked all of the talking animals in cartoons and movies, so I started making up my own characters. Then when I finally got the internet I found out there were a bunch of other people like me.

A lot of people just really like a certain kind of animal and think "wouldn't it be cool if I could be a rabbit? I could totally run fast and be really athletic!" or "I'd love to be a dog! They're so nice and they love everyone without judging!" Or you could just think tigers look pretty badass. :3

And no, regular ol' furries don't want to wear diapers and a lot of them are very much against such an idea, but they're boogerheads and I ignore them. Mostly this is because of two things, either they don't like the idea of someone wearing and using a diaper (there have been incidents at conventions for furries) or they think it's linked to pedophilia.

AB = Babyfur (BF) or Littlefur (LF) - Babyfurs are generally younger than Littlefurs, mostly infant age when regressed. Littlefurs usually have a regressed age of toddler+ and that's why there's a distinction. ;) But it's not always a hard-and-fast rule that you have to use one or the other.

DL = Diaperfur (DF) - A fur-covered diaper lover. :3

Poofybutt is pretty spot on. :3

CuddleWoozle, thank you for putting a"fine point" on Poofybutts answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back