The sizing of diapers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sophiaa

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Typically i'm a UK 14/16 (nearer 16) which is around a US 14 (if the conversions are correct) - I'm just wondering whether it's better to go for the smaller or larger size if you are in the middle of two sizes.

I have some trousers that fit me well and they are 40cm at the waist (although they are slightly stretchy) so including the size all around that would be 80cm (i assume?)

If anyone could shed some light on this that'd be great!

Diaper sizing depends on brand, some seem bigger than indicated (like Dry 24/7), and others no doubt are probably a little smaller than indicated, this is why ordering samples can be helpful.

Generally speaking though, I would say bigger is probably better than smaller and if the difference isn't huge you could probably just tape the diaper up a little tighter to compensate, on the other hand too small can be uncomfortably tight.

generally you want to go larger but some brands fit differently. You might want to tell us your options you are looking at.

Like others have said, it all depends on the brand, every diaper brand is cut a little differently from one another. With brands like ABU I tend to have to go a size up, whereas brands from places like Bambino and Rearz are a little on the bigger size so your chances of being between sizes are slimmer. Personally, when I'm in doubt, I tend to go for the size up, you're typically safe when you do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back