Incontinence is the summer heat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ebabyboy12

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Incontinent
First time going through the summer diapered for bladder and bowel incontinence. My daughter had a horse show today and it wasn’t 90 degrees plus outside. I’m using Crinklz as they’re the best diapers I found for me. They hold a lot and save me money overtime. But boy are they hot and irritate my inner thighs. Would wearing a onesie help? Any other suggestions on how to stay cool. Days like today make me really miss underwear.

Yes wearing a onesie will help ,i wear the kin's Hawaiian cut(aka "wife beater in the summer)

I always have a onesie as an undershirt or over shirt,i have them in everything from Hawaiian to long sleeve long leg boat neck to casual business dress Polo shirts .

In over 300 onesies only one wasn't made by Jenny, i love her work and her prices (when you buy 15 or more in bulk color doesnt matter she gives you a great price & does a custom production to your exact measurements and specfications, and can add pockets and stuff, so if you like say a longer tail so the snaps are well forward,or you like a very wide or narrow crotch ,she will tweak it to your preferences , she uses very high quality metal snaps 4 across the crotch .
I obviously think highly of them or I wouldn't own so many in different styles and colors , if I don't own one that's perfect for what I want or need ,no one does !.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

As you wear more offten juring the heat your body will adapt to you being diapered and it wont bother you as much I wear the same diaper in the plain white version (betterdry) but I also wear the printed version for a change of pace. Keep a spare jumper or two in your back pack and change into a new one when you change your diaper (should be changing more often in the heat even if the diaper is not used much due to your sweat. also diaper cream is a must

this is now my 4th summer and I have gotten so use to being diapered 24/7 most days its a non issue

Rob110 said:
As you wear more offten juring the heat your body will adapt to you being diapered and it wont bother you as much I wear the same diaper in the plain white version (betterdry) but I also wear the printed version for a change of pace. Keep a spare jumper or two in your back pack and change into a new one when you change your diaper (should be changing more often in the heat even if the diaper is not used much due to your sweat. also diaper cream is a must

this is now my 4th summer and I have gotten so use to being diapered 24/7 most days its a non issue

Same here after a while it just isn't a problem

I still get sweaty and funky at work. But that's what wipes and showers are for I suppose. :)

You can also try boxers or I like to use women's shaping boy short panties. It helps hold stuff up but provides some material between the leg and diaper that reduces chaffing. I am in AZ and walk a lot. I have had many time when the onesie or the diaper cause a raw spot, and the panties are a life saver for me. I will normally diaper up and use a light panty to soak any small leaks, then a pair of waterproof pants, then the shaping boy shorts, then the onesie. When I do this, I rarely have a problem, but it sure can be hot. Make sure you use power and anti-fungal skin protection and change often.

You might also try a clothbacked, while most of them are pretty terrible, there are some such as the Seni line that are serviceable(though they're no where near what they once were, sadly) or ABU's Preschool line, that is pretty great that are good for being in the heat. They're not quite as absorbent, but, for an event that's gonna be like 2-5 hours they should be fine, and they're not too pricey either. And it does a lot for reducing sweat and friction.

You might also look into something with a ligher gauge plastic. Abena L4s, while again not the product they used to be and having fallen out of favor with a lot of diaper users as a result, are still plenty serviceable over the same 5 hour period and not too pricey, and while I haven't tried Betterdry or Crinklz, if those are anything like Dry 24/7, then the lighter plastic of Abena will also be a boon in the heat with sweat.

As I wear out of need, I avoid any diapers made in China and only waer medical diapers. I am allergic to Chinese diapers.

Thanks for the advice with the woman’s slipshorts. I plan to look into them although being a guy but woman’s underwear it a tad odd. But hey whatever works. I did get my first onesie today. ABU diapersuit. Man it’s comfortable and provides some protection for chaffing. I’m interested to see if it helps staying cool.

wear some tight boxer briefs over it, and also use a lot of powder, it helps

If you have Disposable inserts Large Crush 1 or 2 ice cube and put it on the location of where you put your Disposable insert then cover it with an insert. Note you have IC. That will help regulate the temperature of your diaper. You can adjust how many Ice cubes you need over time.

I switch from plastic-backed nappies to cloth when it's hot, and find it does help somewhat. I've recently started using Renew Medical Inserts (I only have bowel incontinence), and though they're not perfect, if my IBS isn't too bad they do let me go without wearing a nappy or pad.

@ tetra who is jenny dose she have a website or contact info would like to see what she has to choose from

Jenny owns Babykins or her adult line of just Kin's.

i think tight undies over them is very helpful, conceals it a lot too

Tetra said:
Yes wearing a onesie will help ,i wear the kin's Hawaiian cut(aka "wife beater in the summer)

I always have a onesie as an undershirt or over shirt,i have them in everything from Hawaiian to long sleeve long leg boat neck to casual business dress Polo shirts .

In over 300 onesies only one wasn't made by Jenny, i love her work and her prices (when you buy 15 or more in bulk color doesnt matter she gives you a great price & does a custom production to your exact measurements and specfications, and can add pockets and stuff, so if you like say a longer tail so the snaps are well forward,or you like a very wide or narrow crotch ,she will tweak it to your preferences , she uses very high quality metal snaps 4 across the crotch .
I obviously think highly of them or I wouldn't own so many in different styles and colors , if I don't own one that's perfect for what I want or need ,no one does !.

I can't find these online can you help?

ElvishWilderness said:
I can't find these online can you help?
www.babykins.com and there under adult onesies , Jenny still makes infant/baby products as well,most other places have switched to straight adult products ,few moms these days want to put the time and effort into olde fashioned diapers,if they go cloth the do pocket diapers . If you need anything else let me know and i will do what i can.

I use tena comfort extra shaped pads and net pants in the summer. The only problem I have is I tend to smell o urine more in the heat.

For me boxers work well whatever the weather - even in winter I will put hem on over the diaper so that everyth8ng stays up when soaked or if the tapes fail me ( which being tubby they do often)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back