Told my parents...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Last week I was having a breakdown, and I think it's because I've kept some very deep secrets bottled up inside all my life.

I did the most difficult thing ever - I told my parents that I have fetishes for bondage and diapers. I didn't go into detail at all, but they were extremely supportive. They were not judgmental at all! They know it's just a part of me and and there is no awkwardness between us at all.

It was incredibly frightening though. I needed to get it out, because I've had this fetish for decades, yet I had never told anyone about it.

I don't want to talk to my parents about the details, because it's way to personal, and well, gross to most people. But I think the fact that they know this means I have much less to hide with them now.

I think it would be very good for me to discuss with you guys on this forum the deeper details, because I really need to get it off my chest and not feel so alone anymore. I've been hiding this for far too long and it's been eating away at me.

On an intellectual level, I'm aware that this is nothing to be ashamed of and is not some kind of disease. But I am still carrying around a lot of shame and embarrassment, so I am hoping that connecting with you guys will help dissolve that.

Thank you very much for reading, I needed to get this off my chest!

That's a very daring thing to do, but I'm glad everything went all right .
It's important to have someone, who knows at least some of your deepest secrets.

If I were to tell my mom, I'm almost sure I'd get killed or even disowned as soon as my words sink in...

Afterburner said:
Last week I was having a breakdown, and I think it's because I've kept some very deep secrets bottled up inside all my life.

I did the most difficult thing ever - I told my parents that I have fetishes for bondage and diapers. I didn't go into detail at all, but they were extremely supportive. They were not judgmental at all! They know it's just a part of me and and there is no awkwardness between us at all.

It was incredibly frightening though. I needed to get it out, because I've had this fetish for decades, yet I had never told anyone about it.

I don't want to talk to my parents about the details, because it's way to personal, and well, gross to most people. But I think the fact that they know this means I have much less to hide with them now.

I think it would be very good for me to discuss with you guys on this forum the deeper details, because I really need to get it off my chest and not feel so alone anymore. I've been hiding this for far too long and it's been eating away at me.

On an intellectual level, I'm aware that this is nothing to be ashamed of and is not some kind of disease. But I am still carrying around a lot of shame and embarrassment, so I am hoping that connecting with you guys will help dissolve that.

Hey bud!! Yeah, telling parents is unnerving!!! But I am soooo glad it worked out well for you. My parents were the same as yours, super supportive and loving!! And yeah, we all feel that inner shame and embarrasment. But we all have to work out to get better into embracing ourselves and our differences! But you're off to a great start!! If you need help, reach out for me if you want!!

*HUGS*

Group hug buddy :grouphug:

Really really glad it worked out!

Gonna be honest I always feel unnerved when I goto read these threads as parents or not discussing diapees and stuff with muggles isn’t something that can be undone.

That is fantastic! Good for you! You have some amazing parents there.

And of course we are here to get into the more gory details with you if you want to share those.

Thank you so much guys!!! It was a huge relief to be able to come out with that.

I really need all of your support too, because there are some things I just can't tell my parents about. I need to talk about it with people who actually understand and indulge in the fetish. I know intellectually that I'm not alone, but I need to internalize that fact.

I discovered this fetish around 2005, when I started looking at websites of girls wearing/using diapers. I often subscribe to those sites today. I remember the first time I went to the store to pick up diapers. I was incredibly scared, but my temptation eventually won out and I bought them. I don't wear all the time, but on occasion. Now, if I could just move out of my parents' house and get a house already, I can do it whenever I want and have privacy! lol

I think meeting some people in person would be very helpful for me too. I haven't had much luck finding a good munch in the Southeast Michigan area, but I'm hoping something will happen soon.

Thanks again!

Afterburner said:
Thank you so much guys!!! It was a huge relief to be able to come out with that.

I really need all of your support too, because there are some things I just can't tell my parents about. I need to talk about it with people who actually understand and indulge in the fetish. I know intellectually that I'm not alone, but I need to internalize that fact. Thanks again!

Well, we're always here for you. Many of us have been around for a while, so we know stuff!!

kik91 said:
Well, we're always here for you. Many of us have been around for a while, so we know stuff!!

Thank you, my friend! I saw your post above, but i wasn't able to message you because I am not an Established Contributer yet. How do I make that happen?

Afterburner said:
Thank you, my friend! I saw your post above, but i wasn't able to message you because I am not an Established Contributer yet. How do I make that happen?

Don't worry, just keep posting! You become an Established COntributor after a small certain number of posts :)

Afterburner said:

You have to post enough content, dont be in a hurry for it though; you will get there in due time, better to post slower and have quality content than a lot of low quality content; always quality > quantity.

it does not take too long to become an established contributer. just keep joining in and adding to the conversations and you will get there!

You are definitely not alone! And yes, this is just a part of you. I myself love both!

That is a monumental step. I’m glad it worked out for you!

Afterburner said:

I'm glad confiding in your parents went over so well. Regardless of who you tell, it's always a great thing when people can understand and accept this side of you. I know there are quite a few other members on here who have very supportive families as well. We also have some who aren't quite as lucky, myself included, my Mother lost it when she found my baby stuff in my teens. For some parents this type of stuff is hard for them to wrap their heads around. Fortunately for me, I have a wonderful extended "family" of friends, past romantic partners and even a Mommy friend who accept me for who I am, AB and all.

You should really consider yourself lucky that your parents are understanding and I'm glad that the whole exchange went over well for you.

It's always a weight off your shoulders when you tell someone and receive a positive response, also confiding in others is a major step towards self-acceptance. In due time, as you indulge more and maybe confide in select others i.e. friends and romantic partners about these interests, the less that pesky embarrassment and shame will hang around :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back