Prefold or rearz nighttime fitted diaper?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RacerAce

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Hello,
Im in the process of ordering some stuff and I wanted to try out cloth diapers of nighttime. I've selected the Leakmaster nightweight birdseye and the rearz nighttime bulky fitted.

Please help me make a decision between the two or should i get both. I like the feeling of thick diapers.

I last tried the Leakmaster birdseye years ago. The Rearz bulky nighttime fitted diaper is my most recent acquisition; I now have 5 of them.

After nearly 35 years in almost every type of cloth diaper imaginable, the Rearz nighttime is probably my favorite. It's comfortable, easy to put on and adjust, and it absorbs like crazy. It's replaced all the prefolds I owned from Rearz, AFDC, Baby Pants, etc.

I've been using a Gerber baby prefold inside as a liner; it adds a little absorbency as well. I cannot recommend the Rearz bulky fitted enough!

sbmccue said:
I last tried the Leakmaster birdseye years ago. The Rearz bulky nighttime fitted diaper is my most recent acquisition; I now have 5 of them.

After nearly 35 years in almost every type of cloth diaper imaginable, the Rearz nighttime is probably my favorite. It's comfortable, easy to put on and adjust, and it absorbs like crazy. It's replaced all the prefolds I owned from Rearz, AFDC, Baby Pants, etc.

I've been using a Gerber baby prefold inside as a liner; it adds a little absorbency as well. I cannot recommend the Rearz bulky fitted enough!

I’m not sure if you guys saw it, but check this thread:
http://https://www.adisc.org/forum/showthread.php/116296-New-Ecoables-Cloth-Diapers-Review

I’m in the same boat as everyone else and have tried several different cloth diapers, but none have even come close to the Ecoables diaper system. They are basically a fitted snappy cover with a bamboo cloth insert for liquids, and a microfiber pad to make you feel dry. The combo of all three together creates a super comfy product that feels like a thick disposable. I just went ahead and purchased another because they are so unique and great.

The only problem I have right now is that due to the country where i live I can only get products off amazon and even then the rearz nighttime will cost me $90 and the leakmaster $60. The PUL pants cost me $50. Im on a bit of a short budget around $150-200 for pants, diapers and a pacifier. So far I had planned to go with one leakmaster, 2 plastic pants and one pacifier. this costs me $120 and i try and see what I feel about cloth in general, is this a better option or should I also get the rearz?

rtt said:
I’m not sure if you guys saw it, but check this thread:
http://https://www.adisc.org/forum/showthread.php/116296-New-Ecoables-Cloth-Diapers-Review

I’m in the same boat as everyone else and have tried several different cloth diapers, but none have even come close to the Ecoables diaper system. They are basically a fitted snappy cover with a bamboo cloth insert for liquids, and a microfiber pad to make you feel dry. The combo of all three together creates a super comfy product that feels like a thick disposable. I just went ahead and purchased another because they are so unique and great.

I invested quite heavily in the Snap-EZ pocket diapers, which are essentially a snap cover and thick insert. To get these to perform correctly, you have to boil the inserts prior to use. They are nowhere near as absorbent as the Rearz bulky nighttime, and the snaps were hurting my caregiver's fingers. While I haven't tried the Ecobabies products, I have decided that pocket diapers - while they may be a great idea for babies and toddlers - just won't work for me. There's just no 21st Century substitute for a thick cloth diaper and plastic pants.

The Ecoables have turned out to be great for me. I purchased extra prefold inserts for their diapers and they last a long time. Classic Prefolds probably are a better option, but these come pretty close in regards to function. I think you should give these a try at least.

Racer, If I were you, I'd try to purchase things at one place so you wouldn't have to worry so much about extra shipping costs. If they could package all your products in to one, you'd pay significantly less. With that, I'd suggest ordering from Amazon. You can buy just about any ABDL product and you'd pay less shipping fees through Amazon. You can go for the Ecoables, you wouldn't need plastic pants unless you wanted them, you can find a cheaper paci, find cheaper onesies, and whatever else your heart desires.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

So I've decided to go with the leakmaster nightwight birdseye along with 2 nursery print plastic pants and a littleforbig gen2 pacifier. Any suggestions other than this or does this seem to be okay?

Can anyone provide pictures of the rearz nighttime bulky fitted diapers?

Hmm, i just wanted to know the thickness or them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back