Summer Stick

Status
Not open for further replies.

KSABDL

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
There may be purists among the group that only like plastic backed diapers, but I have been increasingly seeing that the breathability factor of the cloth backed diaper to be preferential.

I have a stock of both kinds to sufficiently meet my needs for at least the next year, and thankfully my wife is on aware and supportive of my DL side.

If you are not to picky, I have been very impressed by Prevails extended wear. Can easily last me 8 hours with 3-4 heavy wettings. They are relatively on the cheap as well, and rank in the top tier of store bought.

Anyone else do this and what are your go too diapers for the changing seasons?

I agree that cloth backed diapers tend to be much more breathable, at least from what I can remember, all the brands I wore when I first started to explore were store bought cloth-backed medical brands, but I haven't worn a cloth-backed diaper in ages and I have come to prefer the babyish look, feel and crinkle of a plastic-backed disposable. I recall ABUniverse had cloth-backed Cushies, maybe they still do, I'd be willing to try those out to compare cloth-backed with plastic-backed again.

My go to diapers are plastic-backed disposables from ABU. I like SDK's, Cushies and Little Pawz and I also really enjoy Bambino diapers, but they are sometimes hard to get a hold of in Canada.

My diaper choice and preference doesn't usually change based upon the seasons. Out on Canada's east coast we are pretty mild and breezy most of the year and like the rest of Canada, we get super cold in the winter, so I never wind up with sweating or breathability problems when I'm clad in a plastic-backed disposable and often times a plastic-backed diaper actually keeps me nice and warm :eek:

That being said, I can see how someone living in a place with a much hotter climate would change their diaper brands based upon the season.

NeverKnow said:
They've been discontinued. Their only cloth-backed option currently are the cloth-backed PreSchools.

That's a shame. Maybe I'll try the cloth-backed Pre-Schools, although their capacity seems on the lower end.

Once again, really glad my neck of the woods has such fair weather. Where I am, any time of the year is the right time for diapers :)

Purist here. I have worn plastic backed in some fairly inhospitable conditions and while it wasn't very nice, neither were the rest of my clothes. Maybe if I lived in those environments rather than just visiting but I think I'd just cut back my diaper wearing rather than wear what I find unappealing.

Hi, well I do have summer where I live which is in northern New England I find that I can suffer through the summertime wearing my plastic back diapers because of the fact that I’ve noticed that cloth packed tend to leak more easily and you also tend to notice the P smell more easily with a cloth backed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back