Status
Not open for further replies.

kik91

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Hey guys.

So I've seen a lot of stories, and the resent thread about shaming parents. I really felt terrible about it, and I feel so bad for all those who have had terrible mothers or fathers. But I am starting this thread to see if anyone else has had the opposite, and what it should be: Supporting and accepting parents.

As I've told many people, my parents have been great. When they knew, when I told them about me being ABDL, they were supporting and accepting. They were confused, yes, they were concerned, yes. But they never shamed me or put me down because of it. Not even if we would end up fighting. They have, repeatedly shown me, that they love me for who I am and what I do.

So yeah, they're cool with me wearing diapers and behaving mildly as a baby, but I know that while I have it great when it comes to parents... many do not.

But I want to ask you... any one else has POSITIVE parent reactions when it comes to be ABDL?

NeverKnow said:
My mother was fine with it. At the time when I told her, I probably thought it was a bigger deal than she did. She was very nice about it and in the week or so after I told her she seemed to go out of her way to show that her attitude toward me wouldn't be changing.

I suspect she wouldn't care if I wore diapers around the house but I didn't ask to. My dad doesn't know. I expect he wouldn't also be fine with it but there's no need for him to know. I don't live with them anymore.

Thanks! I'm glad your mom was fine with it!! And I am glad that you feel your dad would be okay too!! Yeah, they don't need to know unless you want them too. But my mom caught me and in my super frenzyness and nervouness, I spilled the guts XD

Put me down for accepting mother.

My mother was very accepting about it. When I told her about my diapers, she asked the necessary questions: Are you wetting the bed? Are you spending too much money on them? Do you want to see a shrink? And then she told me that I was an adult and could do whatever I want as long as I'm not hurting myself or anybody else. We haven't talked about it since, but despite her approval, I prefer to keep it private regardless.

I want to say my father accepts it, but he hasn't said a word about it. He came home early one day and in a panic when I heard the garage door open, I scurried up to my room to change out of a messy diaper, and later realized I left my bottle out in plain sight. He didn't say anything when I came to claim it, nor has he ever brought it up. So that's still up in the air, but given how much anime my dad watches and how much internet surfing he does, I wouldn't call him prudent to the weirdness of the online world.

I've never outright told my parents I sometimes age regress to 3 to 5 years old, but I think they would be accepting of me because they're accepting of my childlike qualities. For example, they're ok with the fact I like to sometimes watch preschool shows, sleep with a stuffie, eat with kids dinnerware, drink out of sippy cups, etc.

I am happy many of you have supporting parents!!

both my parents are Accepting of it they say do what makes me happy

My parents seem to be fine with my sippy cups and stuffies. I use them around the house.They don't know about my paci's or that I'm a little. They really don't care I watch cartoons as I always have since like forever and my Dad watches the older ones from his childhood.

I was always my mothers baby. If I had been accepting of who I am while she was still alive I know that she would have been most accepting of everything that I do and everything that I am. Even in my late teens and early twenties when she was alive, if I had a migraine she would have me put my head in her lap and run her fingers through my hair and try to make me feel better. I think to many mother their kids never truly grow up, especially when they know their kid needs them or are in pain.

• Love
Reactions: Diaperlover383726
My parents were wonderful people. I was always quite "independently minded" and, as I transitioned into a teen and adult, they let go of the reins and became by best friends as well as my parents.

I'm sure they knew I would wear diapers occasionally. My mum found a few things and said I should let her know if I was having any problems, but I said I was fine and that was it. My parents respected personal boundaries, and brought me up to respect them too. They certainly wouldn't have appreciated a frank discussion about diaper fetishes!

I'm not so sure my mom would have accepted and I don't know what dad would have thought but both are gone and I'll never know.

Thank you, kik91, for starting this thread. I think people should be aware of positive experiences with this while we all support those who have had negative experiences with coming out to their parents.

I thought I would take my ABDL side to my grave and even when I joined ADISC back in October of 2017 I thought telling my parents was a bad idea. But it turns out I misjudged that sentiment because I ended up telling them both this Spring and they’ve been nothing but accepting.

Now, I’m a middle aged man and they’re seniors so it is a different experience than say when you do this in your teens or 20s. It was still anxiety provoking. But they’re generally accepting people. For example, one of my brothers came out as a gay about 15 years ago or so and my parents were very accepting. So I had an inkling they’d probably be okay with this part of me.

I’ve told them the basics and I’ve told them I now have support networks of friends both online and in real life and they just wanted me to be happy. I don’t wear diapers around them or bring baby paraphernalia around but I do now bring my teddy bear when I visit. And I’ve been out to my siblings and some close friends this past year. For me it has been a remarkably freeing experience and has brought me much inner peace and happiness.

As a parent myself I’d like to think that I would be just as understanding if my children told me just about anything of their personal lives and especially something so vulnerable. For those who haven’t had the best experiences with this again for what it’s worth you are human and it’s okay.

Be well everyone!

Tab

Reactions: Diaperlover383726
TabulaRasa2017 said:
Thank you, kik91, for starting this thread. I think people should be aware of positive experiences with this while we all support those who have had negative experiences with coming out to their parents.

I thought I would take my ABDL side to my grave and even when I joined ADISC back in October of 2017 I thought telling my parents was a bad idea. But it turns out I misjudged that sentiment because I ended up telling them both this Spring and they’ve been nothing but accepting.

Now, I’m a middle aged man and they’re seniors so it is a different experience than say when you do this in your teens or 20s. It was still anxiety provoking. But they’re generally accepting people. For example, one of my brothers came out as a gay about 15 years ago or so and my parents were very accepting. So I had an inkling they’d probably be okay with this part of me.

I’ve told them the basics and I’ve told them I now have support networks of friends both online and in real life and they just wanted me to be happy. I don’t wear diapers around them or bring baby paraphernalia around but I do now bring my teddy bear when I visit. And I’ve been out to my siblings and some close friends this past year. For me it has been a remarkably freeing experience and has brought me much inner peace and happiness.

As a parent myself I’d like to think that I would be just as understanding if my children told me just about anything of their personal lives and especially something so vulnerable. For those who haven’t had the best experiences with this again for what it’s worth you are human and it’s okay.

Be well everyone!

Tab

I am so very happy that you've shared this story!! Yeah, telling parents is a very relieving experience. And if they accept it, then you're free to breathe.

My mom has become really supportive more and more what comes about my AB side and I have been waddling around the house while wearing cute printed bodyonesies and footed sleepers and hugging mah BIG teddy :eek: Like few weeks ago when I visited at hers place she even helped me to wrap up my adult changing pad into plastic and placing inside of the car!! :) She saw also my adult sized bib and called me a big baby! lol :D I´m very happy how acceptive she has been so far about me being little and how much she cares about mah well being :3
photo_2018-07-04_01-22-09.jpgphoto_2018-07-04_01-22-17.jpgphoto_2018-07-04_01-15-53.jpgphoto_2018-07-04_01-16-26.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back